Israel attacks Lebanon (1 Viewer)

syera

HSC
N/A
Jordan.J said:
Do you work for FOX news or something?

For 2 soldiers they are destroying an ENTIRE country

Israel's actions are not justified. The casualties show Israel dont care about civilians

The whole world has criticised Israel, the only country supporting them is the U.S

Open your eyes
i agree ...... your post sums it up well.
thats all
bye

Jo2

HSC
N/A
to all those on thinking israel is on a vicious power trip and has no cause or justification

read this:
Forty to fifty percent of Hizbullah's military capability has been destroyed in the six days of the IDF counter-attack following last Wednesday's Hizbullah raid in northern Israel
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1150886032979&pagename=JPost%2FJPArt icle%2FShowFull

You seem like an intelligent person. If that is the case how can you so blindly be led by the media without looking at all aspects, due to the bias nature of the article you submitted. I bet if you found a lebanese site and article it would not be stating the same facts or figures

Becareful what you believe because it is definetly not based on fact or truth remember truth is an opinion which is the most viable option for most.

turtleface

HSC
Forty to fifty percent of Hizbullah's military capability has been destroyed in the six days of the IDF counter-attack following last Wednesday's Hizbullah raid in northern Israel
To use an analogy, is it worth decreasing the burden of proof in the criminal court system from "beyond reasonable doubt" to a less onerous requirement, in order to make sure more guilty people are sent to jail worth the cost of a higher probability of sending more innocent people to jail?

In this situation, is destroying some militant infrastructure benefit enough to justify the cost of civilian deaths and disruption to civilian basic services and infrastructure, as well as the long term health and social consequences related to the stress of living in a war zone? (e.g. I'm sure miscarriages occur due to a 24 hr fear of being nuked)

jenzipoo

HSC
Jo2 said:
to all those on thinking israel is on a vicious power trip and has no cause or justification

read this:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1150886032979&pagename=JPost%2FJPArt icle%2FShowFull

You seem like an intelligent person. If that is the case how can you so blindly be led by the media without looking at all aspects, due to the bias nature of the article you submitted. I bet if you found a lebanese site and article it would not be stating the same facts or figures

Becareful what you believe because it is definetly not based on fact or truth remember truth is an opinion which is the most viable option for most.
the jerusalem post is a world wide recognised and appreciated newspaper...it has won numerous awards and is perceived as one of the best! find me a lebaenese newspaper like that pleas

if you read the article you will see that in it contains infromation also about the amount of civialns killed within lebanon...not hiding such facts

as i am aware of media bias and aknwoledge it i always research ifnroamtion from all areas including cnn, smh and other newspapers within america and israel...one problem is that many of these are not up to date and only show the most important news..when i find an article on a 'less bias' site i will post it....dont u worry

Ussia

HSC
Have you all forgot about somthing simple their two sides fighting for what they believe is right ,there both human ,humans were ment to fight innocences are ment to die its a part of life its horrible and makes me question the purpose of life if we keep doing this history repeats itself, nothing is learn't as much as i hate it...someones got to say it..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ussia said:
Have you all forgot about somthing simple their two sides fighting for what they believe is right ,there both human ,humans were ment to fight innocences are ment to die its a part of life its horrible and makes me question the purpose of life if we keep doing this history repeats itself, nothing is learn't as much as i hate it...someones got to say it..
Yea whatever hippie.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Jordan.J said:
*WARNING: LINKS HAVE VERY GRAPHIC IMAGES OF THE HORRORS OF WAR*

http://stopdestroyinglebanon.com/WarOnLebanon/nfblog/?page_id=3 <----------- The further you scroll down, the worse it gets

http://www.albaladonline.com/index1.php?pnumber=1
ah God! i thought i'd seen everything.... i wasnt expecting that- i was expecting the stuff i saw on tv today (the first few images that is)

that was shocking... im still shaking... the same thing would probably be on the israeli side too .... lets just end it already

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lets just end it already
The cause of all of this, in the end, is religion. Religion is something that cannot be reasoned with, negotiated about, concessions cannot be made about it, to the blind fanatical it is their very being and they will die for it.

Jo2

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:
the jerusalem post is a world wide recognised and appreciated newspaper...it has won numerous awards and is perceived as one of the best! find me a lebaenese newspaper like that pleas

if you read the article you will see that in it contains infromation also about the amount of civialns killed within lebanon...not hiding such facts

as i am aware of media bias and aknwoledge it i always research ifnroamtion from all areas including cnn, smh and other newspapers within america and israel...one problem is that many of these are not up to date and only show the most important news..when i find an article on a 'less bias' site i will post it....dont u worry

it is good to see that you at lest acknowledge the view of biased opinions however, just because a paper is reckognisable and has won awards does not mean in today's society it is not basing results on one point of view. Which it is. I was not an any means trying to demograte your stance jsut trying to make you aware that this arguement is pointless, due to all mitigating circumstances. The ends does not justify the means.

Just because this might be recieved as a viable course of action by some countries it does not mean it is the right course of action, and it seems that is what most are trying to say. That civillians lives on both sides are just becoming worthless pawns in a government onslaught.

What the Israeli Government is doing is terrorism as well, there is fear and terror involved in this attack eye for an eye is not the best resolution.

I don't know what is but i don't believe that killing innocent people on either side is justifiable either.

mr EaZy

HSC
jenzipoo said:
im doing my hsc this year but nice try
you didnt get his satire did u...

FOX news and ruppert murdock is a front for the bush admin- supporting BUSH in everything and criticizing him in nothing- it was attributed with bush's 2nd term in office-

fox viewers have a lower iq than viewers of other networks- i got that from a doco on fox but didnt get their source

much like how listeners to john laws and alan jones are pretty simple people too- i got that from our DPP Dr.nick chowdrey

know this: bush is human, he isnt infallible and he isnt as influential in the absolute sense- we saw how many die hard fans he had when it came to iraq or environmental policy- he isnt always correct and he isnt correct on this issue either.

JO 2 said:
the ends never justifies the means. WAR is war and it is no solution to any problem if the idiots including Howard realised this (just by consideing the last 2000 years or so) then maybe a social values would reflect what we actually want in society. Not what has been developed due to the media and government "war on terrorism" crap that never really existed in the first place.

What the Israel's are doing to the nation of Lebenon is not justified but this is what occurs when there is tension built by 100's of years of conflict.

THANK YOU

look, no matter what side your on (im neither arab/leb/palestinian/israeli)...... i cant believe people in this country support israel destroying civil infrastructure like that

NO ELECTRICITY = NO FRESH MEAT or HOT WATER or LIGHTS or public utilities
THEN THERES THE LACK OF MEDS, LACK OF COMMUNICATIONS ETC ETC

theres a difference between a response and excessive response
in our criminal law if your defence is overly excessive- you commit a crime

THIS IS A CRIME!

no matter what side your on- DO NOT SUPPORT THE MURDER OF CIVILIANS AND CIVILIAN INFRASTRUCTURE- ISRAEL WAS DEFEATED BY HIZBULLAH A FEW YEARS AGO- THEY WILL NOT BEAT THEM THIS TIME, AND HIZBULLAH WONT DEFEAT ISRAEL AT THIS TIME. maybe in the future i dont know- but the time hasnt come (ill keep my sources to myself)

but the really evil part of this is: when will the lebanese people get their lives back? their ELECTRICITY AND BRIDGES AND TUNNELS BACK? 20 years? 50 years?

ISRAEL LACKS VISION! THEY DONT WANT PEACE- NOT IN THE SHORT RUN, NOT IN THE LONG RUN. (unless they make a commitment to rebuild lebanon- which i doubt because their mischief left from the last war is still there!

(it was hizbullah who repaired their carnage- and gave the hospitals and tv stations, schools, factories, roads and bridges)

-----------------------------

i dont know what war is like under jewish law- but i dont think it is what we have here

an eye for an eye- but how many eyes have we lost so far? canadians, australians (unconfirmed), lebanese, arabs

this is not judaism- these people break the laws of their own religion- their own prophets cursed them in their own books and the curse had materialised through time as was shown by how they were humiliated through time and time again and their temples destroyed- But now they come back and stick firmly to their failing traditions.

this link is biased and unsubstantiated- its using daily telegraph language! which General made this claim? satellite photos? or did a little birdy tell them ? and i never knew hizbullah was all trucks?

look at the other articles:

WAR IN THE NORTH: DAY 7
Pilot who bombed Nasrallah's bunker: 'We will get them all'
Is this the start of World War III?
Arab world fed up with Hizbullah
Miracles abound in Safed
Left-wing conflicted on war with Hizbullah
Our World: How I spent my summer vacation
Eye of the Storm: Playing the Israel card
Free! Be on top of the news with Israel Alert, Top headlines

yes the world is bigger than israel (world war 3- lol)
that "how i spend my summer holidays is weird- first reflective then it gets political" they're having u on!

and also look- nothing on what israel is doing on the other side! and the side tabs are even more ridiculous!

israel has all this machinery and still cant destroy this ragtag militant group - its as simple as that- materialism wont provide israel peace

just repeating this is not judaism- this is something else

just as terror is alien to islam- zionism is alien to judaism

http://www.jewsnotzionists.org/

to the jews : desist or history will repeat itself

Last edited by a moderator:

mr EaZy

HSC
jenzippoo said:

coming from you - im not surprised but i wont rule out the jp being a good newspaper which has won awards- for what i wonder- newspapers can be good in some areas and stupid in others

if that was sooo accurate- then id wonder why Australian sources havent quoted them

sometimes the news will say "the straits times (singapore) says that..." the bbc reports...."

and yet nothing from the JP

i never knew there were international awards for journalism- ill check-
if theres none... well then theres no internationals standard on good journalism then

its amazing that good journalism can include "bad journos" as in lies
is all about how you present the info and capture the audience

but from what i saw- the jp is not a notable newspaper- i.e i wouldnt rely on it to make a political decision...

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
jenzipoo said:
im doing my hsc this year but nice try

i can post websites from both this current time and times before about the destrcution caused to israel and the hundreds even thousands of dead INNOCENT civilans that have died for yes you guessed it....no reason! israel is fed up of this..

you open your eyes!! there are many countries who have expressed support for israel's fight on terrorism and their right to defend themselves...many have expressed support but saying that excessive force should not be used...this is because NO country in their right mind would ever jumpo for joy publically about the attack of another country (on both sides)...unless your iran

these countries include: south africa, china, india, japan saudi arabia (who is totally in support oif the riddance of this terrosit organisation form the middle east), belgium, denmark, germany (very strong support), greece, romania, britain (which supports and understand israels position but supports a un led peace process), canada (very strong support), USA, australia and even the G8 collectively came to the agreement that israel has every right to defend itself
Im sure you can post pictures of Israeli civilan casualties, but im not playing the "who got more casualties" game (you'll come off second best anyway), my point was to show how horrible the destruction is. It just doesnt justify Israels response

On the topic of other country's support, I was refering to statements that support the EXTENT of Israels response (not their RIGHT to respond). There arnt many country's that support the extent of the attack.
Even the U.S has now said that Israel should excercise restraint (reading between the lines that implies they went to far)

and the G8 statement, that has to be the weakest statement on the crisis I have heard. It was obvious it was meant to cover the opinion of all nations at the G8.

Just look at the statements made by the French and Russian presidents before the G8 summit, Chirac saying Israels response is disproportioante and Putin saying that one cannot help but wonder that Israel have ulterior motives.

all these dead children, in this totally useless attack. israel is killing them for no reason, its not stopping hizbolah. Even if the attack really was to get long term peace and protect israeli people, this would be too much, killing over 200 innocent civilians, destroying an innocent country who had just kicked out syria from its borders, it had spent 6 billion on new infrastructure, it was forming strong links with usa. Israel have bombed everything apart from the residental places left, 6 days of constant bombing, and hizbolah hasnt been damaged. I tell you for sure, this has mad hizbolah stronger, the hatred has increased, the attacks will increase, more people will be turned against israel.
These lebanese people are completly innocent, how can you keep on defending israel killing these innocent people, when nothing is being acheived from it.

If you keep claiming its to secure israel, lets say this goes on for 2 months and 3000 innocent lebanese are dead, to any person with a heart, this doesnt weight up.....ESPECIALLY the fact that the country lebanon never attacked israel.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
codereder said:
an innocent country who had just kicked out syria from its borders, it had spent 6 billion on new infrastructure, it was forming strong links with usa.
All this made the Lebanese economy stronger.

Tourism had increased significantly.

Beirut was re-claiming its status as the Paris of the Middle East.

European countries were creating stronger relations with Lebanon, seeing it as the gate of the Middle East.

Lebanon's future looked very positive

Maybe all this was the problem? :confused:

banco55

HSC
Jordan.J said:
All this made the Lebanese economy stronger.

Tourism had increased significantly.

Beirut was re-claiming its status as the Paris of the Middle East.

European countries were creating stronger relations with Lebanon, seeing it as the gate of the Middle East.

Lebanon's future looked very positive

Maybe all this was the problem? :confused:
They'd have been and would be a lot better off economically if Hezbollah was gone. Militias/terrorist groups tend to make foreign investors very nervous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)