Israel attacks Lebanon (2 Viewers)

ZabZu

HSC
codereder said:
destroying an innocent country who had just kicked out syria from its borders
codereder said:
These lebanese people are completly innocent, how can you keep on defending israel killing these innocent people, when nothing is being acheived from it.
I wouldnt call Lebanon and the Lebanese people innocent, they had an opportunity to tell Hezbollah to lay down its arms when Israel withdrew in 2000 and again a couple of years ago when the Syrians withdrew. The Lebanese had many warnings that Hezbollah would strike Israel, there have been minor clashes at the border in the past few years and when they flew an Iranian made drone over Haifa (happened a year or two ago).

I agree with you that Israel's response is over the top and way too many Lebanese civilians have been killed. I also believe that while bombing Hezbollah might weaken it militarily, its support in Lebanon would increase.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
banco55 said:
They'd have been and would be a lot better off economically if Hezbollah was gone. Militias/terrorist groups tend to make foreign investors very nervous.
Nevertheless is was still growing very strongly

If Hezbollah doesnt disarm at the end of all this, and if it even gets stronger, and if the two soldiers arnt handed over, I still cant help but wonder that Israel will still benefit from this war because of the crippled Lebanese economy.

Israel are commiting war crimes to get their own way

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
banco55 said:
They'd have been and would be a lot better off economically if Hezbollah was gone. Militias/terrorist groups tend to make foreign investors very nervous.

i think with hizbullah it works like this

stage zero: total chaos, civil war, destruction everywhere

1st stage: they defeat israel- israel withdraws- people stop selling assets and the economy makes a start

2nd stage: hizbullah rebuilds roads, hospitals, schools, houses for the locals and refugees- investment is at an all time high (especially from iran!)

3rd stage: hizbullah reaches its peak - investments slowly stabilise- but investments are still high-

4th stage: hizbullah gets into incidents of cross border , israel bombs lebanon back 20-50 years to the pre-chaos times of stage zero

now we need a new militant organisation to raise lebanon out of the ashes- either that or hizbullah does what it does best and rebuild lebanon

----

seriously, the only people that helped out the palestinians of southern lebanon- the refugees from their homeland were hizbullah and the EU....

banco55

HSC
Jordan.J said:

If Hezbollah doesnt disarm at the end of all this, and if it even gets stronger, and if the two soldiers arnt handed over, I still cant help but wonder that Israel will still benefit from this war because of the crippled Lebanese economy.

How are they going to benefit from a crippled Lebanese economy? The only way they benefit is that it popular opinion in lebanon may restrain hezbollah because people won't want the economic destruction again. Israel gets most of it's money from high tech, IT and arms sales (things none of the arabs are any good at). So I don't think Israel is worried about the economic competition from Lebanon. Israel's economic competitors are the western countries and the various asian powerhouses.

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
banco55 said:
How are they going to benefit from a crippled Lebanese economy? The only way they benefit is that it popular opinion in lebanon may restrain hezbollah because people won't want the economic destruction again. Israel gets most of it's money from high tech, IT and arms sales (things none of the arabs are any good at). So I don't think Israel is worried about the economic competition from Lebanon. Israel's economic competitors are the western countries and the various asian powerhouses.
I will give you one hint of that, IDF bombed Liban Lait in the beqaa, the Lebanese milk and milk products producing company. Liban Lait was the sole supplier of milk to the U.N in the south, guess where the U.N will be getting their milk from now on?

Just one of many examples

The Israelis must be lactose intolerant, milk creates terror!!

Last edited:

banco55

HSC
Jordan.J said:
I will give you one hint of that, IDF bombed Liban Lait in the beqaa, the Lebanese milk and milk products producing company. Liban Lait was the sole supplier of milk to the U.N in the south, guess where the U.N will be getting their milk from now on?

Just one of many examples

The Israelis must be lactose intolerant, milk creates terror!!
How much do you think the milk contract for the UN is worth?

jenzipoo

HSC
Jordan.J said:

mmm with a growth rate of 0.5% in 2005 theyre soaring

jenzipoo said:
mmm with a growth rate of 0.5% in 2005 theyre soaring
so its worthless and israel can bomb it.....is that wat u think?

and for ur information the country had spent billions of civil infrastructure, now destroyed by Israel.

jenzipoo

HSC
codereder said:
so its worthless and israel can bomb it.....is that wat u think?

and for ur information the country had spent billions of civil infrastructure, now destroyed by Israel.
no i actually dont think its worth it...destryoning another country for no reason is pathetic and i dont support it in any sense!! but thats NOT what israel is doing

but i wanted to state that people shoudl not use that in their defence when its not true!! yes much money was spent on redevlopment which is a tragedy...it trully is...what is occuring now is not about israels pursuit to anhilate the lebanese country...its in order to fight for the right of their civilians to live in peace and freedom as prime minister olmert said in his speech "only a nation that can defend its freedom, deserves it"

i promise ou right now...just like israel did with the palestinians...they will be the first country to provide money and aid to lebanon after this ordeal is over...which i hope is soon!

to those who stoop to iran's level and refuse to call israel by its name and rather mix that term with the jews or zionists should know that alothough israel is comprised of predominantly jews it also has Muslims, Christians, Druze and Circassians

Last edited:
well can u please tell israel to stop bombing trucks carrying medicine and supplies, and bus' full of children escaping after israel told them to?

dovidg

HSC
Address by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert
The Knesset, July 17, 2006

Madam Speaker,
Ladies and gentlemen,
Members of Knesset,

Over the past few weeks, our enemies have challenged the sovereignty of the State of Israel and the safety of its residents - first in the southern sector, then on the northern border, and deeper into the home front.

Israel did not seek these confrontations. On the contrary. We have done a lot to prevent them. We returned to the borders of the State of Israel, recognized by the entire international community. There were those who misconstrued our desire for peace - for us and our neighbors - as a sign of frailty. Our enemies misinterpreted our willingness to exercise restraint as a sign of weakness.

They were wrong!

Madam Speaker, Members of Knesset,

The State of Israel has no territorial conflict, neither on our southern border nor on our northern one. In these two areas, we are sitting on the recognized international border - both vis-�*-vis the Palestinian Authority in the Gaza Strip, and in Lebanon.

We have no intention of interfering in their internal affairs. On the contrary, stability and tranquility in Lebanon, free of the rule of foreign powers, and in the Palestinian Authority, are in Israel's interest and are our deep desires.

We yearn for the day when peace will prevail between us, for the mutual benefit of our peoples from both sides of our common border. The campaign we are engaged in these days is against the terror organizations operating from Lebanon and Gaza. These organizations are nothing but "sub-contractors" operating under the inspiration, permission, instigation and financing of the terror-sponsoring and peace-rejecting regimes, on the Axis of Evil which stretches from Tehran to Damascus.

Lebanon has suffered heavily in the past, when it allowed foreign powers to gamble on its fate.

Iran and Syria still continue to meddle, from afar, in the affairs of Lebanon and the Palestinian Authority, through Hizballah and the Hamas. Even if last Wednesday's criminal attack against an IDF patrol was carried out without the consent of the Lebanese government and without the assistance of its military, this does not absolve it of full responsibility for the attack which emanated from its sovereign territory. Just as the fact that the Chairman of the Palestinian Authority opposes terrorism against Israel does not relieve him and the Palestinian Authority of their responsibility for the attack carried out from their territory against our soldiers in Kerem Shalom. They are both fully responsible for the safety of our soldiers who were taken hostage.

Radical, terrorist and violent elements are sabotaging the life of this entire region and placing its stability at risk. The region in which we live is threatened by these murderous terror groups.

It is a regional - as well as global - interest to take control and terminate their activity.

We can all see how the majority of the international community supports our battle against the terror organizations and our efforts to remove this threat of the Middle East.

We intend to do this. We will continue to operate in full force until we achieve this. On the Palestinian front, we will conduct a tireless battle until terror ceases, Gilad Shalit is returned home safely and the shooting of Qassam missiles stops.

And in Lebanon, we will insist on compliance with the terms stipulated long ago by the international community, as unequivocally expressed only yesterday in the resolution of the 8 leading countries of the world:

- The return of the hostages, Ehud (Udi) Goldwasser and Eldad Regev;
- A complete cease fire;
- Deployment of the Lebanese army in all of Southern Lebanon;
- Expulsion of Hizballah from the area, and the fulfilment of United Nations Resolution 1559.

We will not suspend our actions.

On both fronts we are exercising self-defense in the most basic and essential sense. In both cases, it is a matter whose importance and significance go far beyond the size of the military units involved.

We are at a national moment of truth. Will we consent to living under the threat of this Axis of Evil or will we mobilize our inner strength and show determination and composure?

Our answer is clear to every Israeli, and it echoes today throughout the entire region.

We will search every compound, target every terrorist who assists in attacking the citizens of Israel, and destroy every terrorist infrastructure, everywhere. We will persist until Hizballah and Hamas comply with those basic and decent things required of them by every civilized person. Israel will not agree to live in the shadow of missiles or rockets against its residents.

Citizens of Israel, There are moments in the life of a nation, when it is compelled to look directly into the face of reality and say: no more!

And I say to everyone: no more!

Israel will not be held hostage - not by terror gangs or by a terrorist authority or by any sovereign state.

All of us - Jews, Muslims, Christians, Druze and Circassians - now stand as one person, as one nation, subject together to the same hatred and malice, and fighting against it in consensus and partnership. When missiles are launched at our residents and cities, our answer will be war with all the strength, determination, valour, sacrifice and dedication which characterize this nation.

There is nothing we want more than peace and good neighbourly relations - in the east, north and south. We seek peace, we pursue peace and we yearn for peace. At the same time, there is nothing we reject more than an attempt to harm us and make us give up our right to live here, in our land, in security and peace.

On behalf of the people of Israel, on behalf of all the residents of the country, I came here today, Madam Speaker, to announce to the world: we seek neither war nor direct confrontation, but we will not be deterred from them when the need arises. Only a nation that can defend its freedom truly deserves it. We are entitled to our freedom, and when necessary, we know how to fight for it and defend it.

The government of Israel, under my leadership, derives strength from the stamina of the Israeli public. We are a brave and determined nation. I am proud today - perhaps more than ever before - to be an Israeli citizen.

Thanks to you, our enemies come up against a united nation, which fights together, shoulder to shoulder. We do not surrender and we do not panic.

We believe in the justice of our cause, because there is no battle more just or moral than ours - a battle for the right to a peaceful and normal life, like any other human being, any other nation and any other state.

We fight for everything that everyone in the enlightened world takes for granted and never imagined that they would have to fight for - the right to a normal life.

It is a difficult battle! It may become even more difficult. It is a painful test, and we may have to bear more suffering. Such a battle is never easy. It is strewn with pain and suffering, sacrifice, and casualties.

But, we have no intention of giving up our desire to live a normal life. We will not apologize for this desire, and we do not need anyone's approval to defend ourselves.

Citizens of Israel, This is a difficult time of trial for all of us. The State of Israel has withstood much more complex trials - and triumphed.

We have always known how to mobilize our inner strength, equanimity, wisdom and patience, in order to overcome our enemies.

But together we will triumph and hopefully with gods help bring peace to this region.

Last edited by a moderator:

jenzipoo

HSC
codereder said:
well can u please tell israel to stop bombing trucks carrying medicine and supplies, and bus' full of children escaping after israel told them to?
trucks with medicine, supplies, missiles all the same ^o) you PROVE to me that these trucks were carrying medicine etc and not missiles to hezbollah terrorists and ill gladly take it on board...you tell me how the missiles are landing 3x further than where they were originally...these new missles popped out of mid air

dovidg

HSC
mr EaZy said:
ISRAEL LACKS VISION! THEY DONT WANT PEACE- NOT IN THE SHORT RUN, NOT IN THE LONG RUN. (unless they make a commitment to rebuild lebanon- which i doubt because their mischief left from the last war is still there!

i dont know what war is like under jewish law- but i dont think it is what we have here

an eye for an eye- but how many eyes have we lost so far? canadians, australians (unconfirmed), lebanese, arabs

this is not judaism- these people break the laws of their own religion- their own prophets cursed them in their own books and the curse had materialised through time as was shown by how they were humiliated through time and time again and their temples destroyed- But now they come back and stick firmly to their failing traditions.

just repeating this is not judaism- this is something else

just as terror is alien to islam- zionism is alien to judaism

http://www.jewsnotzionists.org/

to the jews : desist or history will repeat itself
What you have written is despicable and totaly and utterly antisemtic....the basis upon which you have decided that zionism is alien to judaism is a total fallacy and you have been mislead and you have construed your baseless information such as your website "jewsnotzionist.org" to argue the most UNSUPPORTED minority of jews in the world who are actual regarded as lunatics!

the state of israel and zionism as it is today is known by ALL jewish leaders these days (besides a few lunatics) is integral to the jewish people and evyerthing we belive in....in fact every jewish community in the world continuously rasies money for israel (funny to bring it up in this forum for things like TERROR VICTIMS) and many many jewish youths and jews from all over the world continuously visit israel and the VAST VAST VAST majority of jews are in total support and would die for the state of israel and use all political and financial means to support her and ensure her safety etc. etc.

Let me pose a question to you! If you were the prime minister of israel or you were the head of the israeli army and you were posed with a REAL INTENSE threat from a powerful terrorist organisation which thrives on its ideology of the destruction of the jewish state and not only was the threat imminent through speech and through the propaganda this organisation was spreading in its country and through the arms it was collecting...but this organisation actually began to capture two of your soldiers, fired rockets continuously into your territory (territorial borders agreed upon by the international world) answer this simple question..WOULD YOU NOT DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO ERRADICATE THIS EVIL ORGANISATION??? Ok there wil be casualties and property WILL be destroyed this is war and this is what happens when the lebanese government is unable to control a militia organisaiton that is prevalent in its society, but israel MUST act. not only must it send a VERY strong message of warning to stop the acts to this dangerous threat posed by hezbollah but must do eveyrthign in its power to protect its citizens and sometimes and especially in this case, counterattacks are the only solution to get rid of this cancer threatening the security and sutainability of the middle east....

It is extremly ironic how constantly you hear the israeli prime minister and officials of the israeli government yearning for peace and constantly talking about their desire for peace and then you constantly hear and read and see officials from hezbollah and the iranian governenet and Hamas (the current palestinian governing body) calling for the destruction of israel and NEVER EVER do you hear them mention their desire for peace with israe...EVER! Yet people like yourself still call israel the aggressors, label israel as a terrorist country and a country that commits acts of war!

Your mentioning of jewish law and the jewish people breaking their own law is the most ludicrous thing i have ever heard! what would you know about jewish law? an eye for an eye is not meant to be taken literally u fool! we have jewish commentators who explain what this means and it requires an indepth explanation which i wont currently on this forum but i would be glad to meet up and really explain jewish law to you if you like....

AND EXCUSE ME i would like you to jsutify how the jews "come back and stick firmly to their failing traditions. " what a disgraceful thing to say and what i would regard as very antisemitic

if the israeli government "desist" as you have put it...they would be erradicated by the axis of evil that surrounds them...they are totaly justified in every attack they do as they did not begin the violence and must continue to attack untill the situation is controllable enough that israel's citizens can feel safe within their own borders....

the jewish people went through the holocaust only 60 years ago where at least 6 million jews died...any form of violence against the jewish nation that slightly resembles a repeat of such history will always be eradicated and is totaly and utterly justified...all of israels attacks within lebanon serve some sort of purpose...they may appear to be attacks on civilaisn as civilians are caught in the cross fire (btw dont belive everything the media tell you they lie VERY OFTEN) but really the attacks are purely and totaly to try and disarm and prevent any furhter attacks from the terrorist organisation hezbollah which is built on the ideology of the destruction of the jewish state!

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
how do they seem to know the exact locations and place of residence of the members of the militant group? do the israelis have 'intellegence' as the US had of iraqs WMD, or do they just bomb what they suspect

jenzipoo

HSC
onebytwo said:
how do they seem to know the exact locations and place of residence of the members of the militant group? do the israelis have 'intellegence' as the US had of iraqs WMD, or do they just bomb what they suspect
mossad is one of the best intellgient agenices in the world (if not the best)...but no they just play eenie meeni miney mo

dovidg

HSC
onebytwo said:
its not very difficult to gather intelligence on a country or a terrorist organisation that is literally next door less than the distance from sydney to melbourne...what a stupid statement to make! They OBVIOULSY have been gathering intelligence and monitoring hezbollah for months if not years! they know exactly what they are doin!

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
they also seem to know their daily routines, when they go to the toilet, when they have breakfast where sleep...
..wow, that is great intelligence!!!!!!!

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
onebytwo said:
they also seem to know their daily routines, when they go to the toilet, when they have breakfast where sleep...
..wow, that is great intelligence!!!!!!!
sorry i didnt get the point of that. forgive my slowness.

israel doesnt need to use any of their people to gather information. chances are there is a couple of hezbollah's "friends" that have secret friends. i heard from family that israel levelled a whole town except for one house, and teh owner used to cooperate with Israel.

my grandmother is stuck here, and she told me that when israel used to attack a place in lebanon with intent of killing a perticular person, they usually managed to get the missile to fly in straight through the person's window, and you would see pics of only that person's floor burnt and the rest of the building intact. comparing it with current missile attacks on towns and it is plain that they are attacking whoever moves

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Apparently there must be a clause in the Geneva Convention that allows the state of Israel to commit as many war crimes as possible

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
dovidg said:
WOULD YOU NOT DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO ERRADICATE THIS EVIL ORGANISATION??? Ok there wil be casualties and property WILL be destroyed this is war
No its not ok

War does have rules (ironocly), and Israel are commiting war crimes to get their way

Ehud Olmet should be put on trial

Dont shrug off war crimes and say "this is war"

Its not war, its murder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)