ITT things that make you face palm at the gym. (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
Top of my list:

- Guys that load up a heap of weight on the bar, but then only do 1/4 depth squats
- Guys that pose in front of the mirror in between sets
- People that shadow box in-between sets
- Girls that use the 1kg dumb bells to do sets of 50 bicep curls, because if they use any heavier weight they'll get bulky (like it's that easy).

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
The other week, two guys were standing in the squat rack, taking turns in holding a 10kg plate and moving it up and down. After 3 sets of this they finally fucked off and i could use the squat rack for its intended purpose.

And i face palm at people who load the leg press and move the weight with about 1/4 ROM then act like they're the shit.

amirite

HSC
Guys who use partial ROM then throw on more weight and do even worse.

Theres this stupid faggot who thinks hes the shit who had the dumbbells I wanted for 20 minutes. They were sitting on the floor while he was chatting to his boyfriend.

People who have been there since I started. While ive added kilo after kilo on every exercise theyre still using low weight. ie. Tricep pushdowns. I started at 15-20kgs. Im now at 40. Guys who saw 6 months ago still pushing 15kgs. Progressive overload brah.

I make myself facepalm. I can hardly do a single pullup. I rep 60kgs or so on pulldowns. Saw this guy who ive seen bust out 20 pullups, full ROM, struggling with 40kgs on pulldowns.

Skinny people make me facepalm.

Theres this anorexic chick.

My friend. Has a bodyweight bench in his first session. 80kgs.

untouchablecuz

HSC
"are we doing arms now?", "bro, we haven't even done lower back yet!"

"i don't squat all the way down because i don't want my ass to get big"

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
... When certain friends go to the gym, lean against a machine, drink some Gatorade, muck around with their iPod for a bit and then come and meet me an hour later and proceed to tell me about the "epic hard workout" they've just done. While eating a friggin Quarterpounder meal they picked up from the drive through on their way over.

amirite

HSC
... When certain friends go to the gym, lean against a machine, drink some Gatorade, muck around with their iPod for a bit and then come and meet me an hour later and proceed to tell me about the "epic hard workout" they've just done. While eating a friggin Quarterpounder meal they picked up from the drive through on their way over.
Sounds like perfectly legit strength training + bulking to me.

I saw a guy flexing his abs in the mirror yesterday. He was mad cause I was squatting more than he could. Even though I was having my shittest day for months.

untouchablecuz

HSC
Sounds like perfectly legit strength training + bulking to me.

I saw a guy flexing his abs in the mirror yesterday. He was mad cause I was squatting more than he could. Even though I was having my shittest day for months.
what's your squat

amirite

HSC
My best is 135kgs for 6 reps, to parallel or just below, raw, no belt no nothing. 1rm I imagine would be around 150kgs.

I was doing 105kgs for 3 sets of 10. Usually that would be a heavier warm up set though but I was so drained.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
My best is 135kgs for 6 reps, to parallel or just below, raw, no belt no nothing. 1rm I imagine would be around 150kgs.

I was doing 105kgs for 3 sets of 10. Usually that would be a heavier warm up set though but I was so drained.

nice stats mate.

Lydia_88

HSC
Top of my list:

- Girls that use the 1kg dumb bells to do sets of 50 bicep curls, because if they use any heavier weight they'll get bulky (like it's that easy).
Id have to agree with you as well! This point also frustrates me too!!! What girls don't realize that women do NOT have as much testosterone as men. I am after the 'toned' look (hence i prefer to use medium-heavy weights in bodypump...my range is 10kg-25kg) and toned, luscious looking arms :devil:

Top 10 Reasons Heavy Weights Don�t Bulk Up the Female Athlete

^ a good website

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
(back when I used to go to the gym)

There are signs everywhere that say DO NOT DROP THE WEIGHTS. And every 10 minutes or so, one of the buff-as-fuck guys will drop something that weighs as much as I do and the ground shakes. Put it down. Don't drop it.

This weird lady who used to do like 5 reps of every machine, then move on to the next one. I remember in the time it took me to do finish one set, she'd done half a dozen different machines, and some treadmill. Wat.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Skinny azns at unsw unigym who look like they're doing the macarena with 1kg weights in each hands. Wat.

(back when I used to go to the gym)

There are signs everywhere that say DO NOT DROP THE WEIGHTS. And every 10 minutes or so, one of the buff-as-fuck guys will drop something that weighs as much as I do and the ground shakes. Put it down. Don't drop it.
some people are just too hardcore, okay.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
all this talk of squats and curls and such.

only time i curl is in my bed to keep warm, and only time i squat is when im hanging a massive dump.

BOS Negro

HSC
i aint never been to the gym. i cant afford no gym membership.

i just use my homeboy charles' bench press and we do some workin out in his mumas front garden.

chyeeaaaa boyy

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
nigga you ain need no fake ass exersize when u busy popping caps in da ass of da white man fo stealing yo freedom

BOS Negro

HSC
nigga you ain need no fake ass exersize when u busy popping caps in da ass of da white man fo stealing yo freedom
but wat happen wen we run out of ammunition homez?

we gotta resort to fisticuff combat boy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)