James Ruse are cheaters and the BOS do not care. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aznmichael92

HSC
learning ahead isnt cheating,

the top 2 maths classes in my grade are doing bits out of the 3 unit and 2 unit fitzpatrick book.

If you wondering which one it is, it's the green and yellow one with the course written diagonally. Quite a good book actually. It is way more reliable than the couchman ones.

lionking1191

HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
learning ahead isnt cheating,

the top 2 maths classes in my grade are doing bits out of the 3 unit and 2 unit fitzpatrick book.

If you wondering which one it is, it's the green and yellow one with the course written diagonally. Quite a good book actually. It is way more reliable than the couchman ones.
fitzpatrick's more in depth. couchman is what you go for if you want an easy read

justxlouise

HSC
Why exactly would the be cheaters? They learn things ahead of others maybe because the students understand the concept faster than others, no? I'd say all of the JRAHS students need to find private tutors just because they have already learnt the things people learn at tutors. Is it cheating if someone's academically gifted? My cousin goes to Ruse and yet she does not go tutoring.

jmp08077

Rusian 08
HSC
I'm a year 12 student at James Ruse.
I've been going there since year 11. before i went to Epping Boyz.

I say the only difference in their school system is that the student body is just that much more competitive.
The teachers mark it more harshly. For eg. math. They take marks off for using the triangle symbol for triangle. lol. You have to say 'Triangle'. otherwise a mark off. there are thousands more little things like that.

And the 'cheating'. i think they only start early for Math. nothing else. i personally didnt learn any of the HSC stuff before, and i still came 3rd in the school for math. So, Chill? it doesnt matter if you've learnt it earlier!!!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
TearsOfFire said:
My cousin told me that their current principal actually says that they don't need to go to turoring. He instead recommended that they participate more in school life ie sport, music etc.
Well, that would be impossible as the current principal is Larissa Treskin (a woman).

However, i would agree with your sentiments: extra-curriculars are strongly encouraged.

Speaking of which La Périchole was très bien! Almost as good as Les Misérables :eek:

Felix Jones

HSC
justxlouise said:
Why exactly would the be cheaters? They learn things ahead of others maybe because the students understand the concept faster than others, no? I'd say all of the JRAHS students need to find private tutors just because they have already learnt the things people learn at tutors. Is it cheating if someone's academically gifted? My cousin goes to Ruse and yet she does not go tutoring.
its not that, it the fact that they are taught at school. we have our trials right now (started last Monday) so i can tell u that some pple from our school also get it fast. but even so, last year when we finished prelim, we didn't stared HSC because BOS doesn't allow. and i thinks those pompous shit heads at james ruse should do the same thing....sure they can study individually but in class with a teacher, and being tested on the material are against the rule.

lionking1191

HSC
MФëỹ™ said:
its not that, it the fact that they are taught at school. we have our trials right now (started last Monday) so i can tell u that some pple from our school also get it fast. but even so, last year when we finished prelim, we didn't stared HSC because BOS doesn't allow. and i thinks those pompous shit heads at james ruse should do the same thing....sure they can study individually but in class with a teacher, and being tested on the material are against the rule.
lol

typical tall poppy syndrome

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
MФëỹ™ said:
English...do you speak it?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
we have to follow BOS Rules so should they. I think it is unfair if they are not doing HSC content at the correct time.

mleiu

HSC
This is somewhat funny. The thing is, even if all schools allow this sort of behavior, I'm happy to put in a relatively large bet to say that MOST students cannot follow on. This is the main reason why other schools don't do it. Because that would confuse and freak the students out and they'd probably drop out or something because they wont be able to pass any damn test.

Thats the difference between intelligence and whatnot. And I am not from James Ruse.

And its not necessarily so, some school allows you to do accelerated maths or whatever if you're good enough. Even the ones that aren't selective at all.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
emytaylor164 said:
we have to follow BOS Rules so should they. I think it is unfair if they are not doing HSC content at the correct time.
So, I might decide to buy a textbook and learn Mathematics ahead by myself at home. WTF are you going to do about it?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
So, I might decide to buy a textbook and learn Mathematics ahead by myself at home. WTF are you going to do about it?
Agreed.

What about acceleration? There are tonnes of accelerated people. Should they be treated as cheaters?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Agreed.

What about acceleration? There are tonnes of accelerated people. Should they be treated as cheaters?
Nope :). Learning ahead is up to the individual.

cahillzy8

HSC
pLuvia said:
James Ruse is the best school in the state, and there are people called accelerants ;)

Why are you complaining, by the time of the HSC all schools would have learnt all things necessary for the HSC exam.

You can't say they are cheaters :p We started 4 units maths before the actual starting date? lots of schools do it
u think ur school is the best in the state cuz u got some maths going for ya? haha.. gud one chief

shaon0

HSC
The only thing that teachers have to follow are:
You have to get all the HSC content finished before the HSC exams are set.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:
Agreed.

Nope. Both you and I know we're not cheaters.

Acceleration is endorsed by the Board of Studies. If it wasn't then why would they make it compulsory for someone to accelerate to sit a distinction course? I think if you are smart enough to learn something before you have to, then that's great, as long as everyone in the state has learnt it by the time they sit their examination.

cahillzy8 said:
u think ur school is the best in the state cuz u got some maths going for ya? haha.. gud one chief
James Ruse is the best because the students there are ownage. So what if they have “some maths going for then”? Heaps of schools do good in maths, not just James Ruse. They are the best because their students have gotten the best results overall for the past decade.

L

lsam

My opinion is: if you are good enough to accelerate, just accelerate. wtf are those people on about?

I accelerated in eco and chem but in the end I basically put in the same amount of effort that HSC students who took the exam with me. I earnt that right and I utilised it accordingly.

Ruse people will kick our asses in general even if they didn't cheat. This thread sounds like an useless rant.

jmp08077

Rusian 08
HSC
cahillzy8 said:
uh... we got the highest average mark for english as well.................. not that good i know........the two guys at our school who came equal first in Phyz were 'ok' you know? not that great.... of course... it's just some maths going for us....... oh yeah... we have ag. i forgot...1st,2nd.,3rd,4th(not sure about this one), 5th, 6th, 7th.... yeah...but that doesnt count...

oh...that's right. olympiad...gold..silver..ohhhh! i should stop. im making a fool of myself. we are only nerds who can do some maths...=)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)