James Ruse, nsghs, sghs (1 Viewer)

cerene

procrastinator
HSC
i reckon if more people at my school - st george girls high - got band 6s in english we would be around hornsby and baulko.

instead we only have 17 people each year getting a band 6 for english. our pathetic english is due to a combination of teaching, lack of motivation and laziness.

but yes. if we were good at english, we would kick all your asses, since 3 quarters of the grade gets around 8units of band 6. hah!

=p

jessdoit

HSC
I think all schools are the same. They all have their competitive streak within them. Selective schools shouldn't be singled out just because they're dubbed selective. As a student currently attending North Sydney Girls I can tell you that majority of the school isn't that competitive. There is a minority that go nutso during assessments but otherwise we're all down-to-earth... Anyways : )

Baulko hasn't always been #2. NSG used to be #2 like... 6 years ago hahahah. Or maybe it was 4. But anyway suddenly we had a dud year : P but that won't last for long! I'm just hoping next year when we graduate, NSG beats NSB and we're still in the Top 5! : D

Deluge

HSC
Hey, guys, help?

Say that a guy could be at two places at the same time, lol.

He goes to Sefton High, but he also goes to James Ruse. Does the same subjects. Puts in equal amount of effort.

Would there be a difference in their UAI? I think that, behind every one _trying_ to understand the concepts of moderation and scaling, this is the ultimate question they want to ask.

volition

arr.
HSC
Deluge, theoretically this guy would get the same UAI because his ranking will just change to reflect his position within each school cohort, and his HSC external mark will be exactly the same going to either school. (This is all based on the assumption that the quality of teaching is the same at both schools)

Deluge

HSC
But realistically, the insane scaling at JR would get him more of a chance at a higher UAI, right?

HSC
N/A
politik said:
I love reading people talk up these crap selective schools... Any school is a good school if you're motivated enough.
Well, duh, but not everyone's that motivated. Competition kicks your ass into shape. I should know- I'm capable of doing well but I'm just lazy most of the time, I went to PLC and wasn't in the top few in the year, and yet I go to Ruse and I can still do relatively okay there. Why? Because of the excessive comparation of results and I don't want to be in the lower portions. Pressure is good for you.

It's definitely competitive, but not destructively so, I think.

Last edited:

live.fast

HSC
N/A
all diz TOP skools can sukkkk BALLLSSS!!

PATS iz gonna OWN em!!!

vern

HSC
seremify007 said:
Pfft noone knows my school.

At Uni at O-week we had to introduce ourselves and say what school we were from...

"Ruse"
"Ruse"
"Sydney Grammar"
"Ruse"
"NSG"
"Hornsby Girls"
"Sydney Girls"
"Sydney Boys"
(bunch of private schools)
"Baulko"
"What's that? Never heard of."
I must be the only guy from a public school not in the top 200 at UNSW commerce.

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
Deluge said:
Hey, guys, help?

Say that a guy could be at two places at the same time, lol.

He goes to Sefton High, but he also goes to James Ruse. Does the same subjects. Puts in equal amount of effort.

Would there be a difference in their UAI? I think that, behind every one _trying_ to understand the concepts of moderation and scaling, this is the ultimate question they want to ask.
It depends how well his cohort's in those schools do

Deluge

HSC
But if same effort = same UAI, or around the same UAI.

Just realised that. Sorry, my original question was dumb. lol.

dANi0305

HSC
I go to NSG. In terms of competitiveness and pressure it is not as bad as people make it out to be. Yes we have pressure and we are competitive but against our personal bests more than anything. It's because most students are determined to be the best because they know they can do it then the fact that they just want to beat someone else. But we support and help each other between grades and within our own grade for example we share notes and have study groups and everyone tries to help each other etc etc.

Also teachers and students are really close. You always see students talking to teachers about anything at nsg and the old students come back to ask teachers for advice which doesnt happen in alot of schools.

I also have to agree with what is posted above. We do generally get more government funding. We are constantly buying new computers and projectors and building new rooms to accomodate for these. We have some of the newest technology which is easily accessible for us. If we want something we usually get it.

NSG IS AN AWESOME SKOOL! btw look out for our i heart nsg shirts and badges etc etc

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Yeah I saw one of those T-shirts on the train once. Those I <3 NSG ones.

PrettyVacant

HSC
simonloo said:
Yeah I saw one of those T-shirts on the train once. Those I <3 NSG ones.
=) Ah awesome. Those are the best shirts ever.

sleepplease

HSC
OUR I <3 NSG T-SHIRTS ARE FAMOUS ON BOSSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOO!!!!

They are so so so cool. And awesome. And YAY! I'm so glad everyone liked them!!!

Dani - you dani, SRC dani?

Pretty_vacant - do you like the new nsg t-shirts better than the old? Which font did you think was better?

Soz for random side trackness.
---------------------------------------------------

To the point of the thread. HNCS - I'm so glad you're loving NSG :) NSG is just the bomb. It's v hard to describe how amazing it is. Except that almost all the girls LOVE it, and you dont find people LOVINg their school that often! But NSG is amazing, there is no pressure/competition WITHIN the school, everyone works together and helps eachother, there is such a MASSIVE range of interst with the girls doing the most amazing things.. pretty much it's run by the students (esp with new principal) which makes it even cooler.

In conclusion. NSG = teh sex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)