James Ruse, nsghs, sghs (1 Viewer)

tkrishanthy

HSC
hey hey i go to ruse n wel i changed last year from nsg buh hmm its not half as stressfull as alota ppl wud think i mean ppl ther do have lives >< lol buh hmm i guess the more pressure u get put on u the more 'normal' it is to work? iuno jst gets into the way u think wen everyone else is doingthe same
i guess skool dus matter.. jst the amount of motivation u need is more at a non-selective skool

HSC
tkrishanthy said:
hey hey i go to ruse n wel i changed last year from nsg buh hmm its not half as stressfull as alota ppl wud think i mean ppl ther do have lives >< lol buh hmm i guess the more pressure u get put on u the more 'normal' it is to work? iuno jst gets into the way u think wen everyone else is doingthe same
i guess skool dus matter.. jst the amount of motivation u need is more at a non-selective skool
:eek: hey krish.

I go to ruse, and it isn't as bad people think. It's actually quite a tight knit community =) and we're not all nerds. But its not bad to transfer to ruse cos we love newbies :wave:

PaulFrankkie

HSC
mishmashmosh said:
:eek: hey krish.

I go to ruse, and it isn't as bad people think. It's actually quite a tight knit community =) and we're not all nerds. But its not bad to transfer to ruse cos we love newbies :wave:
:eek: hey BELLE. xD

yes. i also go to ruse. and it's pretty good. and yeah. not everyone's a nerd. and we do have lives, we just go to a smart school. :)

flaming.robo

HSC
yep

I'm from Ruse and I reckon people think it's a lot more stressful and competitive than it is really. It's really not that bad; a lot of it is the students' own initiative cos the teachers don't chase you up for work nearly as much as they did in, say, year 10. I mean, they care, but it's ultimately your education. The competitiveness isn't so much wanting to do well so you can beat other people as wanting to do well outright for yourself. It's a good school, I gotta say, they know you can't and won't study 24/7. And people are nicer, more polite. There's a bigger feeling of cohesiveness, I think, than in most schools. Heaps of arts/music/etc opportunities as well.

chubzy

HSC
i wonder if any of the nsgs who posted here will ever find out that i used their comments for my outgoing prefect speech haha

reality3435

HSC
James Ruse !

I'm probably the only person from my cohort here on the forum right now. I guess all ruse kids have a love hate relationship with the school. We would get defensive whenever someone would say something bad about our school due to a generalization/a gap in knowledge since people are quite commonly quick to judge and assume when it comes to my school.

Although, if anybody does say a lot of ... nicer things about our school, we would most likely become very modest .

The teachers are admirable. I like all of my teachers because they actually genuinely care for your studies and they're responsible for public teachers. My maths teacher is brilliant since she teaches so well and acts like a second mother to us.

The James Ruse community is ... well it's crazy to say the least. To be honest here, if I was to be placed in a local comprehensive high school I would most likely be not as socially active as I am in ruse, and would probably be one of those typical asian nerds who has their nose in a book all day but at ruse, it's so different. I guess it's because we all care about our academic achievements and it's considered honourable when a high mark is achieved, we encourage each other and the support networks are just amazing.

I have a lot of friends who go to NSG, NSB, SG, SB, Baulko etc, and from what I hear and know, they actually seem more competitive than we are. Like, we share study notes and essays and other things and we're not so picky about helping friends. We alll help each other to get better marks and from what I hear (from a friend in NSG), they sell their notes and essays and tend to be really protective about it...

I love ruse, I really wouldn't have it any other way however the sometimes the homework load is insane. On those days, we have exams, multiple assignments are due, and on top of that, we have to work in class. I know it doesn't sound like much and I'm pretty sure you've all had those days but for me, those days are insane.

I know you probably don't believe me when I say this but ruse kids do go out and socialize with friends from other schools like from yg (youth group), primary school, random people from extra curriculars and what not. We're not complete geeks, a lot of us, including me would like to think that I am some what a normal 15 year old girl.

anyhow, I don't want to bash on any other school but ruse is really just the best school out there for secondary education in Australia. the academic success is one thing, but the entire community and how supportive my classmates are, would never cease to amaze me.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
James Ruse !

I'm probably the only person from my cohort here on the forum right now. I guess all ruse kids have a love hate relationship with the school. We would get defensive whenever someone would say something bad about our school due to a generalization/a gap in knowledge since people are quite commonly quick to judge and assume when it comes to my school.

Although, if anybody does say a lot of ... nicer things about our school, we would most likely become very modest .

The teachers are admirable. I like all of my teachers because they actually genuinely care for your studies and they're responsible for public teachers. My maths teacher is brilliant since she teaches so well and acts like a second mother to us.

The James Ruse community is ... well it's crazy to say the least. To be honest here, if I was to be placed in a local comprehensive high school I would most likely be not as socially active as I am in ruse, and would probably be one of those typical asian nerds who has their nose in a book all day but at ruse, it's so different. I guess it's because we all care about our academic achievements and it's considered honourable when a high mark is achieved, we encourage each other and the support networks are just amazing.

I have a lot of friends who go to NSG, NSB, SG, SB, Baulko etc, and from what I hear and know, they actually seem more competitive than we are. Like, we share study notes and essays and other things and we're not so picky about helping friends. We alll help each other to get better marks and from what I hear (from a friend in NSG), they sell their notes and essays and tend to be really protective about it...

I love ruse, I really wouldn't have it any other way however the sometimes the homework load is insane. On those days, we have exams, multiple assignments are due, and on top of that, we have to work in class. I know it doesn't sound like much and I'm pretty sure you've all had those days but for me, those days are insane.

I know you probably don't believe me when I say this but ruse kids do go out and socialize with friends from other schools like from yg (youth group), primary school, random people from extra curriculars and what not. We're not complete geeks, a lot of us, including me would like to think that I am some what a normal 15 year old girl.

anyhow, I don't want to bash on any other school but ruse is really just the best school out there for secondary education in Australia. the academic success is one thing, but the entire community and how supportive my classmates are, would never cease to amaze me.
Is your maths teacher the one in that rap video?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)