James Ruse, nsghs, sghs (1 Viewer)

PrettyVacant

HSC
sleepplease said:
OUR I <3 NSG T-SHIRTS ARE FAMOUS ON BOSSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOO!!!!

They are so so so cool. And awesome. And YAY! I'm so glad everyone liked them!!!

Dani - you dani, SRC dani?

Pretty_vacant - do you like the new nsg t-shirts better than the old? Which font did you think was better?

Soz for random side trackness.
---------------------------------------------------

To the point of the thread. HNCS - I'm so glad you're loving NSG :) NSG is just the bomb. It's v hard to describe how amazing it is. Except that almost all the girls LOVE it, and you dont find people LOVINg their school that often! But NSG is amazing, there is no pressure/competition WITHIN the school, everyone works together and helps eachother, there is such a MASSIVE range of interst with the girls doing the most amazing things.. pretty much it's run by the students (esp with new principal) which makes it even cooler.

In conclusion. NSG = teh sex.
=P Lol, SleepPlease! Who are you??

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
OUR I <3 NSG T-SHIRTS ARE FAMOUS ON BOSSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOO!!!!
My cousin was thrown off by the (new) NSG shirts...
I should thank whomever it was who lead her around your (brilliant) school, one purports to have spent her Yr7 days in the library, as outdoors it was too sultry (or so she said). That said, my cousin seems to like the school and may go to it.

I personally like them (those shirts).
simonloo said:
LOAL MKAY 2010'ER
Coming from an 08'er... from our school, simonloo... thank god they're not privy to the crap that happens there, and that one time at band camp...
sleepplease said:
To the point of the thread. HNCS - I'm so glad you're loving NSG :) NSG is just the bomb. It's v hard to describe how amazing it is. Except that almost all the girls LOVE it, and you dont find people LOVINg their school that often! But NSG is amazing, there is no pressure/competition WITHIN the school, everyone works together and helps eachother, there is such a MASSIVE range of interst with the girls doing the most amazing things.. pretty much it's run by the students (esp with new principal) which makes it even cooler.

In conclusion. NSG = teh sex.
If only your school's people actually wrote in that way in exams...:p Wishful thinking.
Dear god, I wish I were subject to such conditions... not 100%, of course.

And, actually, you do find people loving their school often. If people don't love their school, I suppose they're able to distinguish between friends (and to a lesser extent, teachers et al.) and the school.
As for competitiveness, yes it is competitive but not in the sense that WE'RE against eachother - we all share notes and resources - in the sense that everyone is very high achieving and wants to do their best... yes the year tweleves are all very stressed but thats the same at everyschhol - i fing NSGH to be incredibly supportive
:-/
There's only one time when I (we?) have been encouraged to share notes and resources - Modern History, by one of the finest teachers at my school. Incidentally, he's the Year Advisor.

My school is effectively divided into many groups; two blatant ones are achievers and not-so-achievers, the former being an elitist, dog-eat-dog "society", the latter is just there for the lulz and academic progression.

Last edited:

Bella2007

HSC
To answer the question of someone like a year ago: NSGHS takes in about 20 students into year 11 (I was one of them): you have to sit a test in year 10. Im not sure how many, but james ruse take in students into year 11 as well-i just had to send in reports, no test was required.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Lol going to a school that's ranked more highly does kill you at the start xP - haha like someone said , you feel like you've "dumbed down". Exactly like how I felt all through year 11 - and I kinda still feel the same now lol.

I have a few friends who're going to NSGHS , and one of them has said that she doesn't like it .. so I duno.

I changed to HAHS in year 11, and I haven't regretted it =)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
Lol going to a school that's ranked more highly does kill you at the start xP - haha like someone said , you feel like you've "dumbed down". Exactly like how I felt all through year 11 - and I kinda still feel the same now lol.

I have a few friends who're going to NSGHS , and one of them has said that she doesn't like it .. so I duno.

I changed to HAHS in year 11, and I haven't regretted it =)
u feel lik a retarded ferret.. i have no idea why .. but u just do .

kelsinator

HSC
manly is the best selective school.
mainly because its co-ed and still has a great social culture that doesnt revolve around school work- and still works everyone hard.
i love it, theres no other school like manly.
the end.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
kelsinator said:
manly is the best selective school.
mainly because its co-ed and still has a great social culture that doesnt revolve around school work- and still works everyone hard.
i love it, theres no other school like manly.
the end.
Oh hey you should surely meet this guy http://community.boredofstudies.org/members/webby234/.

Also bit blunt there, pointy (oh the irony).

kelsinator

HSC
hey- kelsey hunter.
youre webster from last year, right?
got my uai today- 99.25 and so stoked!

blacktea-

HSC
i was at nsghs for the past 3 years, i'm transferring to ruse next year. north sydney is fantastic, i don't think its competitive at all. the people there are all really nice, we're not against each other for any academic reasons at all.
i hear ruse has a really friendly environment, i have a few friends that transferred there from nsghs, they say that the academic level there is a whole level higher, i guess you'd expect that from the no1 school but, they said the teachers and students are all friendly.

Zephyrio

HSC
I really do not understand people transferring to Ruse, from a school as fantastic and warm as NSG.

Zephyrio

HSC
That's really silly, actually.

You can easily be a top achiever in NSG. It's a great school - and you're going to leave the 2nd ranked school, leave your friends, your relationships with your teachers, etc, for the 1st ranked school?

Sorry, it makes no sense whatsoever, but I do understand that parental expectations can be overwhelming. But you have to learn to make your own decisions. I'm sure Ruse is brilliant, but just have a deep think about what you're doing.

Last edited:

blacktea-

HSC
you'd be suprised at the number of people in the top10 selective schools who do this, nsg loses around 20 girls all together to ruse each year i think and quite alot of sydney girls take the empty spots at nsg lol.

Last edited:

Zephyrio

HSC
Just because the masses do it, does not make it sensible in the least.

The fact of the matter is that people leave, from top ten selective schools, for other schools which are ranked only marginally higher. Where is the logic in doing this? Why spend your time fitting in and whatever when you could be happy at one school which is just as good?

blacktea-

HSC
you're interpreting what i said the wrong way, people don't transfer just because masses of other people are =.=" people don't do it because they want to spend time fitting in either. That's ridiculous. some people just have their eyes set higher and want better chances in their HSC
T___T as unlogical as it may sound to you, some people are like this >:]

Zephyrio

HSC
Okay. And yes, as illogical as it sounds to me, some people do move.

"some people just have their eyes set higher and want better chances in their HSC"

How insulting to NSG, which has one of the best records in the HSC. In what ways could going to Ruse actually help you improve your UAI? NSG got an amazing 50 all-rounders this year, so most would consider it quite academic, and obviously it fosters quite a lovely learning environment. This is from what my friends have told me. I'm quite tired of people believing that the school creates the UAI - that is false. The student does, not the school. ssglain went to Burwood Girls, but because of her hard work, got 99.95. Truly magnificent. And a girl at my school (being quite a lowly-ranked selective school) got 99.95 also. Fabulous results.

But good luck with your studies in the future. =)

Last edited:

blacktea-

HSC
omg, this conversation is going to start from point one again.

thanks anyway, good luck for your hsc next year =]

Last edited:

mufti

HSC
I think Sydney Girls was a great place to do my HSC, although in Junior Years I didn't like it as I found the academic focus annoying.
Once Year 11 started and I focussed I found that if I was willing to cooporate the teachers were great and the friendly competition kind of pushed everybody. Plus in the end the scaling works well for internal assessments because generally everybody does well.

Im all for Selective Schools but I wouldn't change to a higher one because I think changing at such a crucial time would be detrimental.. plus probably one of the main reasons that Ruse does better is that the cohort are probably a little smarter because it is harder to get into?

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
I have to agree with the not understanding changing schools. If you're at the top of your new school then chances are you would've been at the top of your old one and achieved similar marks. If you're at the bottom of the pile or only average but are used to being first all the time then it can only serve to dash your confidence.

I know a girl who came to my school in Year 11 and was consistently in the top 5 in maths at her old school. In her first 3u maths assessment, she got in the vicinity of 5/60 and was distraught afterwards - what purpose did this serve? wouldn't she have been better off feeling confident about her abilities rather than be subjected to a ridiculously hard test and "fail"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)