• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Jewelery (1 Viewer)

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
Should check out Bvlgari....man they make some awesome stuff...not to mention $5000 cufflinks!

HSC
Diva and all those shops are great for earrings.

Sure, the quality's not perfect, and they might fall apart in half a year, but hey, if you're anything like most girls i know, you'll stop liking them after a few months.

And even if you spend $100 on gold earrings you'll love for eternity, you'll probably lose one after a year or so.

So yeah. I won't take any Diva bashing. Except about the annoyingly white lights that remind me of a hospital.
Diva = value!! (Unless you're careful and buy really plain jewellery)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
spin spin sugar said:
quality of diva stuff is absolute shit, but i wear jewellry for its colours/costume value, not its quality or worth. jewellry is always an accessory for me and never anything like an heirloom or anything - all that angus and coote real gold/silver stuff is just dog ugly to me.

so diva is good, cos i get bored of my jewelry in a couple of weeks but i get my 5 bucks worth
hmm...yeah, I'm not a fan of A & C... Most of mine comes from Prouds or Goldmark, occasionally Hunter Family Jewellers or some other random independant one.
For some reason cheap jewellery just doesn't look good on me.

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
mmm_sofay said:
who the hell has $5000 to blow on cufflinks?
Dunno....I'd be too scared to wear em outside the house, I'd either get rolled or drop them down a sewer or something.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i love sportsgirl earrings.
i have about 10 pairs of earrings from sportsgirl.
they arent too cheap, and they arent too expensive, and when they go on sale, they are heaps cheap.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
hmm...yeah, I'm not a fan of A & C... Most of mine comes from Prouds or Goldmark, occasionally Hunter Family Jewellers or some other random independant one.
For some reason cheap jewellery just doesn't look good on me.
yeah i meant prouds etc too, its just too old ladyish for me, but prolly suits your look, a bit more casual etc

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Diva and all those shops are great for earrings.

Sure, the quality's not perfect, and they might fall apart in half a year, but hey, if you're anything like most girls i know, you'll stop liking them after a few months.

And even if you spend $100 on gold earrings you'll love for eternity, you'll probably lose one after a year or so.

So yeah. I won't take any Diva bashing. Except about the annoyingly white lights that remind me of a hospital.
Diva = value!! (Unless you're careful and buy really plain jewellery)
this is exactly how i feel!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
spin spin sugar said:
yeah i meant prouds etc too, its just too old ladyish for me, but prolly suits your look, a bit more casual etc
yup, I'm not into OTT jewellery...looks good on other people, not me.
I like casual stuff that looks good on any occasion.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i don't really change my earrings all that much... i usually wear small gold hoops, sometimes i switch em for giant silver hoops for fun

most of my jewelry were gifts... i dont really buy it for myself... i have two gold rings, one from my dad, one from my aunties in vietnam... two bracelets... one from those aunties, one from a cousin i hate so i don't wear it... and a guess watch i bought myself :)

everything i wear is 18k gold, i'm such a fob. i want more normal bracelets to wear but so broke :(

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
I don't actually buy jewellery either, I'd go broke after a few purchase. Only thing I've got is an Armani watch, cept I never wear it out because I'd be a prime target for muggers.

Lil_Carlie

HSC
Yay For Diva

Wooo Hoo!!! :D Yay for spin spin sugar!!! Diva rocks!!! But i have to say that coz i work in one of thier stores... :eek: i spend so much of my pay there...but its good fun...
I agree about the lights...even after a 3 hour shift ur eyes n head ache...
I love all the boho stuff that in at the mo...i started workin there about a yr ago wen all the plastic 70's earrings were in, since then i'v been goin crazy for earrings, but recently i'v been buying the necklaces more...i have like 40-50 pairs of earrings and im accumul8ing necklaces fast...lol... :uhhuh:
Its good workin there coz you get a discount, but i hate it wen ppl say 'oh, you work at diva, i could tell...' i mean, im no teeny bopper, yeah im blonde... i just work there coz i get good fashion accessories for cheap...

also the rings and silver stuff...just so you know...is made up of high grade hypo alergenic metal with a silver coating, and theres no nickle..and the collection stuff has a thicker coating of the silver, which is why it costs more... which is a nice way of saying its not top grade stuff..but hey you get wat you pay for, so you cant expect it to last for ages..also dont wear it in the water, thats why the rings go green n shite...take em off wen u wash ur hands n stuff n they will last loger...or if ur like me stock up wen stuff is on sale and just throw em out wen they start lookin shabby...

Lil_Carlie

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
What kinds of jewelery do you guys like? and how much would you normally wear?
Hmmm also, to answer that i wuld have to say, i always wear a silver solitare c/z ring my ex got me as a solid reminder to never date assholes... :D and also coz i think its funny he spent like $200 on it...coz i never would... ;) and i wear a silver thumb ring..thats on my left hand and on my right it depends on what earrings or necklace im wearing...i recently got a heaps chunky blue necklace from the boho range from my work and i got a ring to wear with that so yeah... then i have the studs i have in the second holes in my ears, which i only change every now and then, my belly ring, and the 2 silver diamonette studs in my nose...

and i always wear earrings...no matter what..hehehe...

and thats my random rambelling for the day... :p

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
carlie im jealous!! every single pay day i go to a diva store and buy something, cos theyre always getting new stuff which goes with the latest clothes trends... wehereas places like sportsgirl buy a whole season's worth of jewellry in one go and it doesnt change for a couple of months.

im with you on the necklaces... the boho stuff is gorgeous, a few of those chains layered up makes any outfit look fantastic! esp if yr wearing cowboy boots

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i only wear earrings(either from sportsgal , diva or anyother place where i can find some trendy ones), i don't like 2 put on any other accessory:)

Last edited:

Lil_Carlie

HSC
:D I'm lovin the cowboy boots ay...theyre gorgeous... :uhhuh:
Diva is the funnest place to work...but it can be a problem with all the new stock we get coz i swear i am flat broke...i worked last night and theres about 5 necklaces i want...and then i will need a pair of earrings to go with each...and theres sum hot rings as well....oooh dear its a bother..hehehehe :eek:

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
i usually wear a necklace, sliver hoops and my mum's frienship ring usually. i used to wear the same stuff every day but i got so much jewellry for my 18th so i alternate all the time

Lil_Carlie

HSC
spin spin sugar said:
try working at general pants when theres amazing pairs of $300 jeans floating around :(
I am so jealous...general pants is my fave... :( i go there every time im shopping...if im not in diva you'll find me there salivating over all the beautiful stock... :D

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
spin spin sugar said:
try working at general pants when theres amazing pairs of $300 jeans floating around :(

How much of a discount do you get on them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)