• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Johnny Depp (1 Viewer)

Fry

we wish! the comment that his girlfriend made really meant "Hands off girlies, Johnny's mine..all mine!!! hahahaa *evil laugh*".

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Originally posted by jim_green
hahahaha so true. How could anyone say he was good in LotR, he was there purely for sex appeal and the most impressive scenes he was in didn't involve dialogue (not that he had more than maybe 25 lines for the 3 movies) but crazy crazy stunts.
i thought the role of legolas suited orlando every much and he did a pretty good job as an elf. Now that i've seen lotr, i cant really see anyone else in this role.

Fry

well you're not very open-minded. that was quite a simple role to play with minimal lines and many actors can easily pull that one off.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Besides Bloom's Legolas was quite pooly played anyway. Most of the time his facial expression said 'hail, danger!', and had none of the wisdoms elves are suppose to have. The reason you can't think of anyone else for the role is probably because with all that makeup he has a fairly elven look about him. Doesn't mean it took any skill to play it.

Oh and Keira Knightley is great. Not the best actress but she is a damn pretty girl, I especially liked her in Love Actually

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by cleopatra
I said im 18 this year...hes 41 (as in this year also) not that it matters

anyway fry, do u think me u loz and mitsuri could all share him?
hahah i want a bit of him too! :p

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
Ok im sorry to all u orlano fans.... but you knida pinned it...hes been round 4 two yrs and has more publicity than most other blokes who've been round for donkeys, i kinda feel he dont deserve it yet. its all just hype thats made him somebody, not hard work. Like, see Johnny pre POTC, He was pretty quiet...livin in France and all a quiet achiever. But hes now v. popular cos ppl are realising how damn great he is. Like the academy. i read an interview When he was 21 and hes sayin stuff bout wantin to be a really good actor. His nomination, i think, was great because it would have let him kno that he has made it; he is great.
Yeah the roles that Johnny chose were obscure. But Orlando's roles aren't anymore spectacular than Johnny's. They are both good looking, so why is it that Orlando got noticed so early in his career?
There's still some other talented but obscured actors (Jared Leto, Paul Bethany) They may not necessary be as hot as Johnny but I think its not fair that Johnny gets more recognition than them when their performances are just as superior, if not better. Jude Law used to be in Johnny's stituation but since the gossips with him and Nicole (and that cringe-worthy movie Cold Mountain) he's just like another moviestar.

Originally posted by Fry
don't get your hopes up. i doubt his girlfriend, Vanessa Paradis, would ever leave him. i mean, who would? you'd be crazy to!! this is what she had to say:

"We are -- however you want to call it -- engaged, married, in love forever. Whether we signed a paper or not, we are married."

Winona Ryder and Kate Moss must be kicking themselves now for ever leaving him!
LOLs, the funny thing was that Johnny was so crazy in love with Winona that he got a tattoo that said "Winona Forever". (It's removed now)

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Originally posted by Fry
well you're not very open-minded. that was quite a simple role to play with minimal lines and many actors can easily pull that one off.
haha...since im sort of a orli fan...i dont want to say bad things about him...but me saying the role of legolas (elves are usually pretty emotionless) suited him was because it was quite simple with minial roles and facial expressions...erh...not saying anymore...i dunno...orlando did ok...his still pretty charismatic on screen

i dont think johnny only started getting recognition now...he is a pretty well known name ages ago...but yeh...i do think he looks much better with a tan rather than that pale look but in all his movies he has this great presence when ever he appears on screen

Fry

Originally posted by miss_salty
Yeah the roles that Johnny chose were obscure. But Orlando's roles aren't anymore spectacular than Johnny's. They are both good looking, so why is it that Orlando got noticed so early in his career?
There's still some other talented but obscured actors (Jared Leto, Paul Bethany) They may not necessary be as hot as Johnny but I think its not fair that Johnny gets more recognition than them when their performances are just as superior, if not better. Jude Law used to be in Johnny's stituation but since the gossips with him and Nicole (and that cringe-worthy movie Cold Mountain) he's just like another moviestar.

LOLs, the funny thing was that Johnny was so crazy in love with Winona that he got a tattoo that said "Winona Forever". (It's removed now)
he changed the tatoo to 'Wino Forever' lol

it's not really about the roles that Orlando played, it's more about the movies he's been in. so far he has been in a pretty impressive line of films that will surely look good on his resume. e.g. Black Hawk Down, Ned Kelly, LOTR, POTC, Troy etc. he's in hot demand at the moment.

Johnny chooses more artistic type roles and usually shuns blockbuster movies with POTC being an exception. he's been offered leading man roles numerous times and even got offered to star in Speed but rejected it! it's sort of ironic though, he didn't expect POTC to be such a big hit and is still overwhelmed by it. he was so shocked the first time he saw the trailer.

simmic - he was sorta well-known before but not that much. most people are like Johnny who? or what movie was he in?

look at me blabbing on..im obviously ridiculously obsessed with him! or maybe its due to the lack of interesting threads in here..

Last edited:

Bluebeard Sally

HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Has anyone seen "Cry Baby"? That's one of the first movies JD was in, I was watching it on schoolies, it's funny.

where can i get cry baby!?!? looking for it EVERYWHERE... i NEED to see it...desperately....

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
i watched it on fox...trust me, u aint at that much of a loss not seeing it, cept for cing that chick with the mong face and fat ricky lake lol

fat ricky lake?? hmmm...hasnt she always been on the chubby side?

Originally posted by homestar
but when you think about it orlando doesn't have nearly as much experience as jonny. he may be a better actor than you think.
Orlando was a little wooden in potc...but definately better than hayden Christensen in Star wars: episode 2

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
i watched it on fox...trust me, u aint at that much of a loss not seeing it, cept for cing that chick with the mong face and fat ricky lake lol
But if you're a Johnny fan, you gotta see it. It's fucking funny, it was one of his first movie.

And that chick with the scary face was so damn creepy!

Iunny

I don't know whether anyone has pointed this out before, and i can't be bothered reading the whole thread

Johnny Depp looks horrible in real life

he looks sleazy and slimy - could be the hair

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Iunny
I don't know whether anyone has pointed this out before, and i can't be bothered reading the whole thread

lols. Get ready to get ur head chopped off for saying that!

Fry

Originally posted by Iunny

shut up you...Johnny does not look horrible in real life. that's an overstatement. yeah sure, he may be scruffy and unkempt at times but that's because he's not one of those men who spend hours obsessing over their looks. what's the term for it? and he isn't exactly the most best dressed person in Hollywood either. he's still a babe underneath it all and at least he had his gf to clean up his image at the oscars. from what ive heard (from fans and actors alike), he looks incredible in the flesh.

i have to admit, i wasn't a fan of his scruffy bleached hairdo but thank goodness chopped it all off.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
he has a new movie out and it looks like an average type film like it doesnt have specific themes like POTC or edward scissor hands (WHICH I LOVE ANYWAY!)...i cant wait...cant remember whats the movie called...hmmm i just remember being all excited when i saw the ad...i became a fan after watching whats eating gilbert grape and edward scissor hands in primary school!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Do you mean "Secret Window"?

He's going to be playing Willy Wonka. I'd go see it when it comes out, but I hate Oompa Loompas.

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
cool...his gonna star in a movie based on an australian book...i loved charlie and the chocolate factory when i was little

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)