journal (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Thats true but its such a waste of time because i'd have to do the assessments for legal. Did they eventually let you drop? Because i'm wondering if my deputy could "force" me not to drop... They keep saying "you dont know if you'll do well in 4U. You might do better in legal" and i'm like inside my head "uh i dont even have a legal studies book...." And idk this is so frustrating like i'm so fucking annoyed at my school
They let me drop - they didnt have much choice and I would have kicked up a stink if they didnt. In your case, I see where the school is coming from, but ultimately, if you have made your intentions clear, they need to let you drop. They are probably just stalling in the hope that you will change your mind.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
They let me drop - they didnt have much choice and I would have kicked up a stink if they didnt. In your case, I see where the school is coming from, but ultimately, if you have made your intentions clear, they need to let you drop. They are probably just stalling in the hope that you will change your mind.
How would you have kicked up a stink? Well they're wrong lol ive been wanting to drop legal studies since prelim...

I'm going to use my maths head teacher's "you are legally allowed to drop" as an argument if my deputy says no srsly fk

enoilgam

HSC
How would you have kicked up a stink? Well they're wrong lol ive been wanting to drop legal studies since prelim...

I'm going to use my maths head teacher's "you are legally allowed to drop" as an argument if my deputy says no srsly fk
I probably just would have refused to go to class (I'm a total badass I know). They will let you drop I think.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I probably just would have refused to go to class (I'm a total badass I know). They will let you drop I think.
Lol i will fkn start a war with my deputy if she says no hahahaha. I guess we'll find out tomorrow (thats if my deputy is bothered to show up to school and not be in some dumb meeting ugh) I saw her at lunch and I literally ran the opposite direction because i'm out of uniform (i am never in full school uniform) and that i cbf getting a detention lol she is such a bitch she has told me off for my makeup and my 'attitude' and she is just a rude person in general. She hates me and she probably wont let me drop (probably because she hates me) sigh oh well i'll try tomorrow

Fawun

Queen
HSC
This isnt fair i just askrd a girl in my class and she started year 12 with 10 units (with 4u included in her 10 units) whereas I was forced to pick up legal studies at the start of year 12 so that I was on 12 units

What a bitch of a deputy hahahaha

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Use it as a study period if you're desperate. They will let you drop though, even if they kick up a stink. Like, when I wanted to drop Chemistry, the school called my parents in for a meeting to try and talk me out of it (my parents couldnt do anything anyway because I made it clear that I was in charge).
You can do this. I did it for Economics, even though I still had the option to drop it.

You can do that too.

Generally if you end up in the school library for every Legal lesson, then they would rather you drop than constantly jig because then they will be able to record where you are in school.

Makematics

HSC
You have to be 100% confident in all your subjects though because if you screw up one of them, your ATAR will be affected. Just make sure you're on top of your work.

But yeah, good luck!
Nah fuck off, my ATAR wasn't 'screwed' despite being unable to write an essay and getting Band 4 English. Fawun if you do well in your humanities and get a half-decent mark for maths, then scaling will boost you up and you'll be set.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I am going to go on a rant soon
your school is allowed to recommend you against 10, but they can't force you
if your deputy isn't going to listen, you could threaten them to call up BoS because I know school's don't like it when external bodies get involved
or you can purposely bomb legal and be like, let me drop plz

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Nah fuck off, my ATAR wasn't 'screwed' despite being unable to write an essay and getting Band 4 English. Fawun if you do well in your humanities and get a half-decent mark for maths, then scaling will boost you up and you'll be set.
Will vouch for this.

Despite working my ass off for a Band 4 in English.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC

Call BoS.

If my school doesn't let me drop, probably use that option.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
You can do this. I did it for Economics, even though I still had the option to drop it.

You can do that too.

Generally if you end up in the school library for every Legal lesson, then they would rather you drop than constantly jig because then they will be able to record where you are in school.
Why wouldnt you drop eco? wasn't it wasting your time...

You make it sound so easy like I can't mang :( I would need to get like top 5 for all of my subjects except english and that's fkn hard

your school is allowed to recommend you against 10, but they can't force you
if your deputy isn't going to listen, you could threaten them to call up BoS because I know school's don't like it when external bodies get involved
or you can purposely bomb legal and be like, let me drop plz
Call BoS.

If my school doesn't let me drop, probably use that option.
wtf is BoS going to do... like smh calling BoS over dropping a subject? they'd be like -_-

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Just did a Baulkham Hills 3U trial past paper (procrastinating doing english) and got 54/82

hahahahah uhhh

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Why wouldnt you drop eco? wasn't it wasting your time...
Stress relief plus I had fun in that class. Also, it was an ok backup as for trials I didn't study but got 80%, almost the same for Chem (but stricter marking).

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Today I've done:
- A 3U past paper
- An exercise for 4U (still have 2 more to go ugh)

Things I need to do:
- Graphing exercises for 4U
- Write a modern response for my homework
- Catch up on my economics notes because i'm behind
- Do some questions from the textbook for eco
- If i'm bothered, i'll practice writing an essay for economics
- Revise on complex numbers because i'm pretty sure I forgot like 90% of it already
- Do my 3U integration homework
- Read Elizabeth Barrett Browning's gay sonnets
- Read through and edit my AOS essay and creative

Lol at the ratio of the to do list to the have done list

Happy obliviousninja u chink eyed fk

braintic

HSC
N/A
Have you filled out your HSC enrolment yet?

Can't you just leave out / cross out the subject you don't want from your enrolment? If the school insists you change it and you refuse, there is not much they can do. If they change it without your permission THEN you have good reason to contact BOS.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Today I've done:
- A 3U past paper
- An exercise for 4U (still have 2 more to go ugh)

Things I need to do:
- Graphing exercises for 4U
- Write a modern response for my homework
- Catch up on my economics notes because i'm behind
- Do some questions from the textbook for eco
- If i'm bothered, i'll practice writing an essay for economics
- Revise on complex numbers because i'm pretty sure I forgot like 90% of it already
- Do my 3U integration homework
- Read Elizabeth Barrett Browning's gay sonnets
- Read through and edit my AOS essay and creative

Lol at the ratio of the to do list to the have done list

Happy obliviousninja u chink eyed fk
:tennisclap:

btw, i told u last term, but if you need HSC resources, I got that database of couple thousand files.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Okay as soon as I have my free period at 9am, i'm going to go to the deputy

Fucks sake I hope she lets me drop

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I've been waiting for this moment since prelim half yearlies LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)