journal (1 Viewer)

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Fuck i can't go to the deputy at 9 because we have house meetings for swimming carnival ugh

Fawun

Queen
HSC
WOOO so I gave it to my deputy and she started looking at my sheet reading "legal studies"... "Yep yep thats fine..... Ooh maths extension" and then she was like "whats your rank in maths extension 1?" And I said "i'm ranked 8/25" and she said "alright well just leave your form with me and i'll speak to the maths staff on Monday"

Fucks sake. I have a 50/50 chance of dropping

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Today I plan on:
- Catching up to date on my eco homework and notes
- Revise on complex numbers
- Do some graphs exercises from Cambridge because Terry Lee is fkn useless
- Write my modern response

And if I have time, then I could read my english poems (but lowkey i'm trying to not make time for this because i dont want to read 8 sonnets ffs)

Lets see how productive i'll make of this day. Inb4nothinggetsdone

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Today I plan on:
- Catching up to date on my eco homework and notes
- Revise on complex numbers
- Do some graphs exercises from Cambridge because Terry Lee is fkn useless
- Write my modern response

And if I have time, then I could read my english poems (but lowkey i'm trying to not make time for this because i dont want to read 8 sonnets ffs)

Lets see how productive i'll make of this day. Inb4nothinggetsdone

Terry Lee graphs is pretty damn good. Cambridge has heaps of questions on it.

Though choose the one that is at your level and stick to it all the way through so that you don't accidentally skip something or go over the same thing twice.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah wtf, i like Tezza Lee's graphs topic

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
It was much harder and challenging than the Cambridge's one.

But I am sure that Cambridge would suffice for HSC.
The school issues my class with Terry Lee, and I think we're generally better for it (for what little content we've covered already).

How well does his textbook cover other topics? (Conics, Volumes, Mechanics)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
The school issues my class with Terry Lee, and I think we're generally better for it (for what little content we've covered already).

How well does his textbook cover other topics? (Conics, Volumes, Mechanics)
Volumes I had problems with from the get go but after e-mailing Terry himself he helped me out heaps (which I thank him for very much) and I finally understood it. His topic on Volumes covers it very well I would say and has some difficult questions which are found in HSC exams.

Conics had so many questions which were very hard and could possibly pop-up in the final question for HSC. Though after you do 5:1 to 5:3 and 5:6 to 5:7 then you have finished the easier stuff. When you get to 5:4, 5:5, 5:8 and 5:9 the questions are very hard. Unfortunately there are no Mechonics questions haha.

Mechanics is covered ok. I didn't completely finish the last two Mechanics exercises because of time constraints. The explanations were difficult to understand though the questions were very difficult for me and I was lost when I tried to do a few questions from 7:4 and 7:5.

Harder Ext.1 is not too great in Advanced Mathematics, because the range of questions covered is very simple. The questions in there are hard, but they don't cover every single aspect of harder ext.1.

Overall I did not finish everything in Advanced Mathematics (I missed a few exercises in a few topics and did none of the revision or challenge section questions) and I got 88 exam. Considering it was my highest aggregate for my ATAR, it was a good text book overall. I felt MX1 should have been a bit higher (91 exam) considering, but that was due to having to use Maths-in-Focus lol.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha Mechonics. Same, School issues maths in focus, but my 3U teacher hates it, and just photocopies fitzpat. I have Cambridge 3U + 4U on my computer, a mate "stumbled" across them.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Haha Mechonics. Same, School issues maths in focus, but my 3U teacher hates it, and just photocopies fitzpat. I have Cambridge 3U + 4U on my computer, a mate "stumbled" across them.
I've "stumbled across quite a bit too" for Physics and Chem.

But rarely used them lol. MinF only just got two of us an e4. Only just. Then three others missed out on e4 by 1-3 marks. I was really gutted though walking out of the exam as I thought I could have gotten above 93 for MX1 if I used a more challenging textbook.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Bumping because i have officially dropped legal studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im over the moon

Fawun

Queen
HSC
MY DEPUTY SAID NO AT FIRST BUT I TOLD HER THAT I DONT DO ANYTHING IN LEGAL, I DREAD GOING TO CLASS, ETC AND SHE TOLD ME THAT SHES ADVISING ME NOT TO DROP BUT SHE CANT FORCE ME TO AND I SAID THAT I WANT TO DROP AND SHE RELUCTANTLY SAID YES

FUCK YEAc

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I now finish school at 10:50am on Tuesdays

Fuck yes

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I now finish school at 10:50am on Tuesdays

Fuck yes
Nice. I had a mate who ended up finishing school at the end of first period.

Most of the time they wouldn't even turn up to school on that day.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Nice. I had a mate who ended up finishing school at the end of first period.

Most of the time they wouldn't even turn up to school on that day.
I had period 0, assembly, period 1, free, period 2 then home

why did i even bother going to school today idk

What have you got against legal studies?
everything it's fucking shit i mean it's kinda interesting (like for human rights: slavery, human trafficking, etc) but i do not want to write essays that incorporates legislations, news articles, etc. like fuck that

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Today I've done:
- Finished my eco homework booklet
- Did a 3U maths trial paper

Tomorrow I need to do:
- My 3U integration homework
- My modern essays that's due period 2 but i'll do it in period 1 lawl
- Do a complex number's past paper
- Finish the textbook questions for eco
- Read the last 4 sonnets for english (it's so fucking mind numbing)

doubt i can finish that list tomorrow but we'll see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)