Keeping motivated, aiming for ATAR 95+ (1 Viewer)

Eddykungfu

HSC
Nah I think the main factor of motivation for me was the 4 months, 1 week holiday at the end of the race.

I did not do very well in school, year 7-11 (we are talking ranking 130-140 out of 183 kids)

After the end of the first term of year 12(only weighted about 5-10%), I looked at my marks (not well in teh first term).

I had a think about my goal for an ATAR of 95 to do Commerce at sydney.... With the current marks, I would achieve something in the low 80s.

The main advice I can give to you is:
HAVE NO REGRETS!!!!!

The feeling at the end of the year, after achieving a goal (which I thought impossible for myself) is great!!!

But similarly, If you have regrets, at the end of next year , 2010, you will be having many "What if I did this" or "What if I studied that night", etc. You will party after the hsc, but you will not feel content for a while.

It is very important to have a balance during HSC, but make sure there is nothing that will be regretful to you :). AFTEr the hsc... Those parties etc, only last for one night...

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Just cram before the HSC and trials and you should get over 95.

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
Nah I think the main factor of motivation for me was the 4 months, 1 week holiday at the end of the race.

I did not do very well in school, year 7-11 (we are talking ranking 130-140 out of 183 kids)

After the end of the first term of year 12(only weighted about 5-10%), I looked at my marks (not well in teh first term).

I had a think about my goal for an ATAR of 95 to do Commerce at sydney.... With the current marks, I would achieve something in the low 80s.

HAVE NO REGRETS!!!!!

The feeling at the end of the year, after achieving a goal (which I thought impossible for myself) is great!!!

But similarly, If you have regrets, at the end of next year , 2010, you will be having many "What if I did this" or "What if I studied that night", etc. You will party after the hsc, but you will not feel content for a while.

It is very important to have a balance during HSC, but make sure there is nothing that will be regretful to you :). AFTEr the hsc... Those parties etc, only last for one night...
out of curiosity did you do any study at all during the summer holidays?
im deciding right now if I should do a bit of study and get ahead of my classmates in my subjects

Eddykungfu

HSC
Your atar aim says 99.60.

Definately.. I say take the next few days off ( I mean really relax).

Jan 01.

New year, new start, new aim.

99.60 here you come :).

HSC
N/A
I find that having a daily plan is really handy, especially for the holidays.

The night before, on a piece of scrap paper, just write down what you want to achieve tomorrow, and during what times that is (e.g. trial paper from 9-11am etc).

Make sure to schedule in some relax time & exercise time. I really recommend some exercising time, because it allows you to get out of the house and get some fresh air.

Lastly, If you are lacking motivation, ask you parents to offer you an incentive to study and achieve good marks. For for those of you who want to be bankers & lawyers try and negotiate with them, see if you can get something you value (e.g. a holiday trip, a car etc)

Good Luck!

Eddykungfu

HSC
I find that having a daily plan is really handy, especially for the holidays.

The night before, on a piece of scrap paper, just write down what you want to achieve tomorrow, and during what times that is (e.g. trial paper from 9-11am etc).

Make sure to schedule in some relax time & exercise time. I really recommend some exercising time, because it allows you to get out of the house and get some fresh air.

Lastly, If you are lacking motivation, ask you parents to offer you an incentive to study and achieve good marks. For for those of you who want to be bankers & lawyers try and negotiate with them, see if you can get something you value (e.g. a holiday trip, a car etc)

Good Luck!
Its all about personal preference..

Many, like myself can't do the timetables thing :p.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I'm so pissed at the annoying people at school who fully made fun of my marks (coz i bombed out in some assessment). I'm gonna take revenge of them in the next exam, bwahahahah, and then rub it in their face to purposely piss them off.

thats my motivation.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
As it should be, ninetypercent.

Passion is an awesome emotion.

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
I'm so pissed at the annoying people at school who fully made fun of my marks (coz i bombed out in some assessment). I'm gonna take revenge of them in the next exam, bwahahahah, and then rub it in their face to purposely piss them off.

thats my motivation.
i shall be using this as my motivation too muahahahaha:)

Eightyseven87

HSC
i'm so pissed at the annoying people at school who fully made fun of my marks (coz i bombed out in some assessment). I'm gonna take revenge of them in the next exam, bwahahahah, and then rub it in their face to purposely piss them off.

Thats my motivation.

+1

:)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
People do that at your school? Doesn't mean you should return the favour. :p

bineal

HSC
I am finding studying really hard, eventhough i know very well the consequences of not studying.

So i'd like to ask all those high achievers (ATAR 95+?), what kept you motivated to study? And what study routine did you find best suited you (e.g. how many hours)?
play games, wank, wait till 2am, open textbook, read till 5, ????, profit $$$$

sleep for 2 hours

repeat

nerd_2b

HSC

HAVE NO REGRETS!!!!!

What were your marks?

Mehae

HSC
if anythings gonna get me through this, its the freedom waiting for me afterwards:skip:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
^ yup agreed.

and how happy you will be! (that is, if you get a good result)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The period between when you finish your exams and about the beginning of December - you don't care how well you went. You're just so glad it's over.

From December 1- December 17 or whenever you guys are getting results, it's a bit worrying. But you can still go out and stuff. :p

Eddykungfu

HSC
The period between when you finish your exams and about the beginning of December - you don't care how well you went. You're just so glad it's over.

From December 1- December 17 or whenever you guys are getting results, it's a bit worrying. But you can still go out and stuff. :p
On the day its so nerve-racking haha.

I kept missing the "login" button to check results because I couldn't aim :p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)