laptop for uni? (1 Viewer)

gfdsapoiuytrewq

HSC
i'm doing b commerce-professional accounting, would i be needing to take a laptop to uni?
will it be significantly easier/faster for notes etc.? or too much effort carrying it around and what not?

gapathetic

HSC
i'm doing b commerce-professional accounting, would i be needing to take a laptop to uni?
will it be significantly easier/faster for notes etc.? or too much effort carrying it around and what not?
For commerce subjects, i didnt need a laptop at all for notes and stuff. Your lecture notes would have most of the important points so you'd just have to scribble in some extra things if required. But if u get bored easily, you might want to bring one to entertain yourself =P

gfdsapoiuytrewq

HSC
hmm okiee thnx for the reply, i might wait a few weeks into uni to see if i need one or not :)

sean1990

HSC
doubt you'll need one for notes unless you don't print your lecture slides.

you'll prob need one to do assignments on...

Fake-Name

HSC
I was wondering the same thing, except im doing liberal arts. I prefer to use pen and paper and typing my notes up later for extra study and better organisation. However Im worried that I might fall behind other students who are typing away on laptops.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I always use pen and paper, lecture notes stick in my brain better when i write them down. That said, i did buy myself a little net book in my second year and it has been SO helpful with assignments... now i don't know what i would do if i couldn't work on them during breaks

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
I was wondering the same thing, except im doing liberal arts. I prefer to use pen and paper and typing my notes up later for extra study and better organisation. However Im worried that I might fall behind other students who are typing away on laptops.
You won't fall behind do not worry about that.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I started taking a laptop last semester and it's pretty handy. Not that useful in things like tutorials, but it's nice to have in between classes where you can do some work outside.

Politic

HSC
N/A
What about a tablet like the iPad3 when that somes out in March?

For reading pdf's and writing notes during breaks?

Official

Bring it on
HSC
My opinion is that pen and paper is as efficient as a laptop when used efficiently, so I'll definitely use pen and paper at Uni!

willstylz

HSC
If your using a laptop/netbook get your hands on Microsoft Onenote, perfect for notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)