• Acer

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Dell

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I'd get an alienware desktop, if i won the lotto some day. I'd also settle for retirement that day.

The new macbooks have a 9400m or 9600m, and are advertised on mac website with a screenshot of need for speed carbon on their screens, implying that it can play that game. These macs are probably fine with games, but u need the Apple specific version of the game (LOL!), and macs are fucking expensive too.

dp624

HSC
nah, the processor and ram matters a lot less than gfx when it comes to gaming.
overall i'd get more frames than you in games
but i'd lose to you in general everyday tasks

lol, mine's still a bit cheaper and comes with 2 years as well. no overseas for me =(

TheElite

HSC
yulia said:
my option isn't on your poll.

i have a sony vaio. best computer i've ever owned.

HPs are shit.

I work with a guy who used to work with HP, take it from us, they're just crap.
Second that. I work part-time at a computer store and believe me, hp is the most common laptop brand to come in to be repaired. I would say that the most reliable laptops are Toshiba's. Hp laptops don't seem to be as well built as other brands.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
if you are buying dell- upgrade no matter what cos vista is going to suck half ur ram anyway.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
HP all the way. Even though I have had (and still am having) some of the strangest computer problems I have ever come across on my HP's, they are reliable, reasonably priced and nicely powered.

Toshi's are real good. I've used a couple, never owned one, but they are solid in performance and design.

If you go Mac, I did, and I like. The MacBook Pro boasts some of the best specs at the moment, and runs real clean. If you NEED windows, run both Mac OS and Windows through Paralells or BootCamp.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Lol, just reading the prices people got their laptops at, and I can't resist bragging.

Sorry.

I got my MacBook Pro 17" For....

$500.

For real.

dp624

HSC
AusBluesMan said:
Lol, just reading the prices people got their laptops at, and I can't resist bragging.

Sorry.

I got my MacBook Pro 17" For....

$500.

For real.
wtf lol
how
tell me

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
dp624 said:
wtf lol
how
tell me
I'm going to SAE this year and it's compulsory for students to have a high-end Mac laptop. So, the school figures that since it's compulsory, they'll make a deal with Mac to sell the laptops to students for $500.

Funny thing is, when SAE proposed this, Mac jumped right on board and offered the school the best in their range.

I almost died (was litterally rolling on the floor) when the receptionist rang and said they offered them to students at that price. I was actually on the SAE and Apple websites, dreading the price at that very moment.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I'd buy a whole bunch of em, then sell em at retail price minus about 500 (still making huge profit), enough times to afford myself an alienware desktop system.

And a house.

And retirement.

dp624

HSC
omg hot damn i want that.
but i'd just install windows over, lol

but dayum

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Omie Jay said:
I'd buy a whole bunch of em, then sell em at retail price minus about 500 (still making huge profit), enough times to afford myself an alienware desktop system.

And a house.

And retirement.
AND claim the depreciation value on the Mac's that are still in your possesion through tax, claiming that each is used for your studies... Or families studies...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Yeah. I've adjusted to both. I run XP through paralells. Soon Vista. Only problem is, now when I swap from Mac to Windows, and vice versa, I get all turned around (Start bar on top/bottom, X button on other side).

Omie.

I love your sig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)