Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Acer

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Dell

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

proringz

HSC
ASUS = GAYSUS. I'll take a Toshiba over a gaysus anyday. Toshiba were the first to make laptops and you can tell - people say gaysus is good quality but they feel so cheap compared to Toshiba laptops.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
ASUS = GAYSUS. I'll take a Toshiba over a gaysus anyday. Toshiba were the first to make laptops and you can tell - people say gaysus is good quality but they feel so cheap compared to Toshiba laptops.
What..? Have you seen the M and N series of Asus notebooks? You get pretty good value for money in those series, imo.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I've owned both Toshiba and Asus. Currently have an M series. Much better quality than my old Toshiba.

For me the only brand which I find often feels cheap is Dell, but thats isolated to some models.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
so like, i can play far cry 2 on high settings on my ASUS, and assassins creed on medium, and unreal tournamnet 3 on highest, ...

chansthename

HSC
MSY for laptops? Is that a good move considering warranty and stuff there is not at all good?

I'd say go find the model you want on staticice and get it for the cheapest you can.

PS litle hint if you really want sound help just go and do some reading on whirlpool

beefnoodle

HSC
i highly recommend the DELL INSPIRON 13
bought it for $1099 (on sale)
light, small, cheap, good looking
8hrs of battery, 1 yr warranty, home delivery
and above all: OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!! :headbang:

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
dude your dvd just got stuck inside one of those didnt it??? obviously a design fault, therefore why would u reccomend it??

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
MSY for laptops? Is that a good move considering warranty and stuff there is not at all good?

I'd say go find the model you want on staticice and get it for the cheapest you can.

PS litle hint if you really want sound help just go and do some reading on whirlpool
Manufacturer's warranty should apply in all cases.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
My asus deal came from myer, $2000 for m51va with carry bag, mouse, 250gb external hdd, ms home and office 07, and asus has 2 year worldwide warranty.

And i gotta question:

Is it possible to replace laptop graphics cards with a better model? I'd like a better one to run games on highest settings, currently im quite happy with it, got assassins creed recently and can run on 3/4 settings and max rez with very little lag, but if it can be made better then i'd like to do it.
Is this possible?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Ive only known lappys to have the RAM and HDD upgraded. The graphic cards are custom built to FIT in the laptops.

So the manufactor might be able to, but a private store wont.

tinfoilhat

HSC
i have a dell xps m1330, it's pretty fantastic and it's light and pretty small so it's easy to take anywhere
there's a new model out with bluray too

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
i have a dell xps m1330, it's pretty fantastic and it's light and pretty small so it's easy to take anywhere
there's a new model out with bluray too

XPS went downhill after Dell bought over Alienware Tech.

All thier Lappys/Towers rose about $300.

tinfoilhat

HSC
XPS went downhill after Dell bought over Alienware Tech.

All thier Lappys/Towers rose about $300.
yeah there's quite a large price difference between mine and new version... other than bluetooth and it's leather trim, which i wouldnt even want, really nothing extra which is crap if you're buying it now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)