• Dell

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
this ones good, i'll stick with this.

For now.

EDIT: its sorta true, but all at the same time would be a strange but interesting experience. Funny cuz they all make u say "AAHHHHHHH!!!"

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
This debate never gets old and nobody will ever agree on the best brand because everyone has had different experiences, different laptops and different dealings. If I was you I'd look at the specs and go for what you like because asking people you will get so many conflicting opinions on brands you will never choose.

Bekhit

HSC
pritnep said:
This debate never gets old and nobody will ever agree on the best brand because everyone has had different experiences, different laptops and different dealings. If I was you I'd look at the specs and go for what you like because asking people you will get so many conflicting opinions on brands you will never choose.
yeh i fink so...although poll says HP wins:D

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
The best brand isn't even an option in the poll lol.

Seriously, if you can afford an Apple, buy one. It's not so much what Apple has, but what it doesn't. Less useless ram-intensive apps, less instability. You cannot put a price of your laptop not freezing once or twice a day once you have taken that as granted on a Windows machine.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
What kinda stupid computer freezes once or twice a day? (dont say windows machine, mine froze yesterday cuz i accidentally downloaded a trojan, apart from that, never frozen before)

dp624

HSC
whatashotbyseve said:
The best brand isn't even an option in the poll lol.

Seriously, if you can afford an Apple, buy one. It's not so much what Apple has, but what it doesn't. Less useless ram-intensive apps, less instability. You cannot put a price of your laptop not freezing once or twice a day once you have taken that as granted on a Windows machine.
A lot of people don;'t like the Mac interface.
And their lack of support for common windows apps such as a lot of games, etc

I dno, if i got a Macbook, i'd install windows over asap

Sayangliss

HSC
dp624 said:

People don't like the Mac interface because most haven't tried it, or when they did, it wasn't the Leopard and above they've tried. The mac interface does take getting use to, but it's like playing a new game - you have to find/know your way around it before you can own at it.

As for lack of support, a lot of softwares are now designed to be mac compatible especially with mac's constant increase in popularity. New programs released nowadays are universal, meaning they can run on both windows and mac. Just take a look at microsoft office for example - in order for them to tap into the macintosh market, they've relased microsoft office compatible with macs. Some programs aren't compatible probably because there's a parallel version on macs that's even better, or it just isn't necessary, eg. anti virus softwares.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I'd go with asus from that poll - they got some really good multimedia laptops
otherwise a better choice would be one of the macbooks if u can afford one...

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
A windows machine that crashes twice a day? None of my computers have EVER done that.

Someone doesn't know how to maintain their computer............

It's a simple thing, really.

People are and always have been afraid of the unknown. Mac is the unknown.
"It's different! Holy crap! I don't like different! I will now shun Apple aside because I don't know how to use it!".
If you get used to Mac before critisising, and open your mind, maybe you will actually like Mac.

I'm an odd one. I like both Windows and Mac :D.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
dp624 said:

Why the fuck would you buy a Mac and then install Windows over OSX?

OSX is the only difference between Mac and Windows - their hardware is the same.

AusBluesMan said:
Someone doesn't know how to maintain their computer............
Pffft... I am speaking from my experience. Either you are in denial/so desensitised to it or fortunate to have a stable Windows PC.

jet

Banned
HSC
I've found that mac is a lot more reliable than windows.
And as for the no programs/games rumors, there are alot of open source programs and games available these days. If i haven;t had a program that i need, I was always able to find a free one on the internet.
The only time that i've had a program crash on mac was vmware when my xp virtual machine decided to crash lol.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
HP are fucking awful, don't touch them. I bought one back in October and when it arrived it was full of bloatware, had appropriated a fair chunk of my HDD as a recovery partition, wouldn't boot up when I switched out the wireless card (for another HP one mind you), had an awful trackpad surface with buttons that always managed to get stuck down and, worst of all, didn't meet the specs outlined on the site from which I bought it. After contacting their tech support and requesting a refund I waited over a month for some useless Indian cunt to reply and tell me that their email system had been down and apologize for any inconvenience (without actually giving me any details as to where to go for a refund. After a whole lot of fucking around with their telephone support staff who insisted that I was outside their 14 day return period and that it wasn't their fault tech support are a bunch of scrotumsucking windowlickers I managed to have the laptop picked up in the first week of December. I am still waiting for the funds to be credited to my account.

Buy a Dell Studio 15 or a macbook.

dp624

HSC
whatashotbyseve said:
Why the fuck would you buy a Mac and then install Windows over OSX?

OSX is the only difference between Mac and Windows - their hardware is the same.
No actually. Well, fine, internally they're the same
but macbooks look so much nicer.

and much more expensive

Bekhit

HSC
ok just went out and bought a HP package
pretty good 4 bout 1886 got a 2.53 Centrino 2 processor wif 320 gb harddrive and 4 gb ram, a tv tuner n 3 years warranty.
Got an extra external 160gb media drive,a laptop bag n a year anti virus package.

2 all u mac freaks lol...sorry i just wasnt sure if i was to spend dat much.took me 3 weeks 2 save up enough 4 dat 1 lol.

Bekhit

HSC
Omie Jay said:
Thats a heaps good deal.

Integrated graphics im guessing..?

What model?
yeh i fink it is...
umm dedicated GeForce 9200M GS graphics card
im not a full on gamer nywayz

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
whatashotbyseve said:
Pffft... I am speaking from my experience. Either you are in denial/so desensitised to it or fortunate to have a stable Windows PC.
Seriously dude, it's not hard to keep your computer running. Run a clean up program once a month, have the computer (automatically) run a virus check every late friday night, maybe if you need to, run a regcleaner with the cleanup program, and just keep it tidy.

If you can't do these minimum effort tasks, you are the ultimate in lazy and don't deserve to own a computer.

This PC I am on now has been running every day for the last year, with NOT ONE crash.

All my Windows problems have been ones I have created myself (Oops).

EDIT: How could I be in denial/de-sensitised to it when I use a Mac for college? And have an iMac in my bedroom? Shouldn't that make this PC and my HP notebook look really bad? Shouldn't I have shunned Windows aside by now, like yourself?

???

Last edited:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i think that mac OSX and windows 7 are of the same standard now tbh

Bekhit

HSC
Omie Jay said:
What model?
soirry omie jay forget da model
its the Dv4-1042tx entertainment laptop.

pretty stylish 2 wif touch controls n 2 remotes 4 da tv n media apps...duno if i shouldve got somefin wif so much performance though...with all this technology u gotta update everyfin every 3 months lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)