Laser Hair Removal (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
There wasn't a thread specifically on laser hair removal, so I wanted to make one.

Has anyone tried this? My friend told me she always goes. She gets a brazillian for $70 and it lasts 3 months. That sounds bloody awesome!!

I heard it hurts like hell but it only lasts a few seconds. and it's quicker than waxing. I don't know any places that do it though.

Anyone know?

Skeeta

HSC
i didnt think that you could get it done on "sensitive areas". But sounds good, considering a brazilian wax also hurts like hell and doesnt last as long - for the extra 20 or 30 bucks why isnt everyone doing it!??

whered she go?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I thought laser hair removement was permanent :|

$70 is quite expensive for a brazillian. (But what would a guy know).

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
This doesn't really answer your question but I have an epilator and it is the bomb! It's so much cheaper than waxing and the hair stays away for 6 weeks plus. It hurts like a mofo tho.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
doesnt laser hair removal hurt like a boiach (or mofo) though? i've heard its painful and leaves scars most of the time. true/false?
someone know a reputable place?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
do you use the epilator to do a brazillian'/

and if you get laser removal done a few times, doesent it become permanent? or is that something else im thinking of/ id definitley get it if that was the case

does anyone know some good places to get it done?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
i'm not too sure where my friend goes, i gotta ask her.

if you do it over 6 times, the hair stops growing. depends where u go obviously, but the reputable places say that only 1% of people get scaring.

miaomiao, wtf is an epilator? lol

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
$70 for a brazillian is cheap compare to eyebrow ( more hairs...ewww)

but im concern about regrowth.. i dont want to walk around scratching my downthere like a dude... :eek:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
SuGa BunI =D said:
$70 for a brazillian is cheap compare to eyebrow ( more hairs...ewww)

but im concern about regrowth.. i dont want to walk around scratching my downthere like a dude... :eek:
itching usually comes from shaving. i dont get it from waxing, and i doubt that would happen from laser

bex

HSC
laser wont get rid of the hair forever but it will definately soften and prolong regrowth. The coarser the hair the better.. thats why bikini lines are the ideal surface!

shortie_689

HSC
I got one of the epens... I havent used it much yet but u can do this perment hair removal urself...
On the topic of hair removal there is so much more to hair growth an it doesnt really depend on the wax job or the way u remove ur hair...
Id tell u if I could find the booklet that tells me all about it I will find it an explain later but really all it says is that there are STACKS and STACKS of hair cells and NOT all grow at the same time therefore they grow at different rates so you can wax one area but when ur hair grows back it may not grow back from from the same cell it is all really confusing thats why u need to go a few times to get ur hair removal to be permanent

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
yeah but think of it this way. With lazer hair removal, they target each hair ONE BY ONE. That would hurt like hell. I don't see how that could take 5 mins, unless you have asian (read:sparse) hair down there. With wax they just apply it and rip it off, and (unless you have a really bodgy beautician) they remove more than one hair at a time, therefore the pain wouldn't be prolonged.

thats my opinion anyway. Not that I would know. I use wax strips to do my bikini line. I was thinking of getting a salon job, but I don't want to go to my regular beautician. It's just too freaky for me, for somebody that I know ripping into my bikini line. I'd rather it be done by a beautician that I don't know, and may not see again. I know thats crazy, but i can't help it.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
OOHH i know what u mean about the beautician thing llamalope! i have a beatician i go to for facials and i couldnt even consider going to her for waxing my bikini or even my legs!! lol its weird, cant explain it!!

oh and the laser hair thingy, it doesnt hurt too much, not as though they actually rip out each hair one by one, but they kill the follicle. and the human doesnt do it, the machine targets the hairs by itself, thats why its best for pale people with dark hair. and, although it may hurt alot, it is PERMANENT pretty much, say if you got it done now, the hair probably wont grow back for a couple of years, much better than agony once a month! and cheaper too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)