learning to play the piano (1 Viewer)

richman92

HSC
I'm now 17 and i want to learn play piano. This is possible ?? cause I don't know any basic. btw do u know any piano tutor ??

Klutsov

HSC
It is possible. Anyone can learn any instrument at any age. A piano textbook may help to begin with

tehrobzorz

HSC
don't listen to oddish!

I started when I was 16 and I think if you REALLY REALLY LIKE THE PIANO, you will be able to learn it just fine!

lessons are normally $25/30-45 mins and thats all you need really! pick up some easy sheet music around the web and you're good to go (Y)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
I've been playing guitar and piano for a few years, but I've taught myself how to play. I'm really shit and can't read sheet music though because I can't be assed practising.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I've been teaching people how to play the piano for 3 years now. I have a student who started with me last year who is 36... You're never too old lol.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
not worth it.

years and years of pain/practice and $60/hr music lessons

trust me. not worth it

anway you are 17. too old.
You sir have no idea. Or have had a bad experience.

$60 a lesson is waaaay too much. $20 is the norm for any piano teacher that isn't a scam. Also, be picky with your teacher, if you don't like them, or they refuse to teach what you want to learn... Change teacher. You won't learn if you don't enjoy the teaching style.

You are never too old to learn an instrument. By that logic, us who've learned as a child would be forced to stop learning at a certain age.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
You sir have no idea. Or have had a bad experience.

$60 a lesson is waaaay too much. $20 is the norm for any piano teacher that isn't a scam. Also, be picky with your teacher, if you don't like them, or they refuse to teach what you want to learn... Change teacher. You won't learn if you don't enjoy the teaching style.

You are never too old to learn an instrument. By that logic, us who've learned as a child would be forced to stop learning at a certain age.
$20 an hour is insanely cheap... Pre HSC, that's what I charged, but when I took lessons (for 11 years) it was $22 for half an hour... I now charge $20 per half hour lesson.

bv

HSC
learning the theory is the easy part, like understanding the sheet music,
u will probably need a teacher for the technique tho..

i gave up on piano in yr 5 coz noone i knew played an instrument and id look like that old isolated person who plays piano when i got to high school..
really regret that decision and i want to learn to play again :(

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm now 17 and i want to learn play piano. This is possible ?? cause I don't know any basic. btw do u know any piano tutor ??
nah i dont know any sorry

actually i do but im not going to tell u!!@!!:jaw:

kyokaku92

HSC
I commend you for wanting to learn the piano. A beautiful instrument with a rich, vibrant sound when you play. But lessons aren't cheap though.

Flissty

Hicksville, between a mountain and a paddock full
HSC
I only started 2 years ago, and I can play Yiruma - River flows in you quite comfortably.

I went without proffessional lessons, but I taught myself to read sheet music by translating them for the first few months.

Just learn the songs you love, slowly up the difficulty, and have fun with it all.

vantastic

HSC
i'm learning piano, my first lesson is today actually, i say you're never too old!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)