Let's see where my friend is going with his HSC (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
My friend is probably one of the least hard working student in our school.

He was in advanced Eng with me and dropped down to standard. He was also in Ext 1 math but dropped to 2 unit, hoping that he would start studying for other subjects.

Has he done what he had wished to achieve? The answer is no.

He came last in Chemistry and Physics half yearlies. 2unit and standard english ranks aren't so great either. He bludged his Biology half yearlies exam.

He barely studies. Maybe once or twice a month? He always says that he will start studying after his assessments. He has been doing this for the whole year 12.

What worst is that he bludged 23 days of school already. Science teachers also told him that he is looking at around band 2 for his science subjects. He has no will to go to school but wants an ATAR. He is aiming for ATAR of 66.

What do you guys think about my friend? This may sound like a bitching thread, but it's not.

And btw, how many days are you allowed to bludged before failing to complete your HSC?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
<50% of classes missed is fine.
Your friend sounds like he is just doing this to freak everyone out when he gets Band 6s in all his external exams.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you need 80% attendance technically but it doesn't really matter.

cbb reading the rest of the post only read the last line.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
What do you guys think about my friend? This may sound like a bitching thread, but it's not.
TBH, who cares. He's allowed to do whatever he wants with his life. If he wants to bludge classes, he can.

Make sure he's aware, but otherwise, he's fine.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
He barely studies. Maybe once or twice a month? He always says that he will start studying after his assessments. He has been doing this for the whole year 12.
This is what I did, all you need to do is go commando during the trials and hsc.

RANK 1

HSC
it sounds like me except i still maintain decent ranks (except for physics and sor) in my subjects with minimal study

RANK 1

HSC
btw ur friend should probably drop out and do tafe or apprenticeship, his hsc is pretty fucked unless he aces the trial and hsc exam

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
btw ur friend should probably drop out and do tafe or apprenticeship, his hsc is pretty fucked unless he aces the trial and hsc exam
Not really. He's only aiming for a 66, easily still achievable. Also, for a lot of people, the HSC is just about getting the piece of paper. They don't really care what the mark is.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
what can u do with an atar of 66?
Dunno. There's probably a bunch of stuff. There's definitely heaps for 70. I know people who got lower than that and managed to get into courses they liked.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Who gives a shit if he's bludging? Let him do his own thing, you're not his parent. If he fucks up his HSC it's his problem.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Eh, who cares. His life.

I mean he'll get an ATAR but I don't think he'll get 66. Know someone similar to him and he bludged the whole of HS and got 59. I mean he'd only have to put in minimal efforts around trial/HSC to boost it to 66. ANd when I say minimal, I mean like minimal.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Eh, who cares. His life.

I mean he'll get an ATAR but I don't think he'll get 66. Know someone similar to him and he bludged the whole of HS and got 59. I mean he'd only have to put in minimal efforts around trial/HSC to boost it to 66. ANd when I say minimal, I mean like minimal.
OR with that attitude he could end up with a *

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm under the impression that you'd have to work pretty hard to actually end up with a *.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
during each assessment write your name on the paper and fall asleep
In this scenario though, you are actively trying to do badly. Which is my point. You're putting effort into actually achieving a bad result.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
OR go to a school ranked in the 900s and not even bother studying, instead you're partyin' partyin' yeah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)