Liar, Liar, Tyres on Fire (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
calslut said:
You should have third party at least, christ. Your parents are disillusioned, what would they do if they rear ended a new bmw or something? They'd be fucked and up for 20k+.
I know. But they won't listen to me.
They say it's not worth it etc and just to drive safe.
The issue at hand is not my driving being bad, but people around me then blaming it on me. Even if you trust yourself, you can't trust other people. They don't seem to get that.

calslut

Banned
HSC
haha 'drive safe'. let's see how far that gets them if they have a mechanical failure on a freeway and hit something.

F2001

HSC
you're parents are probably right, insurance isn't worth really worth it until you're over that age (21 or 22??) where the insurance co thinks you're far less risk than a typical 18-21.

I didn't say you're retarded, I said buying a vehicle for JUST business purposes (and I don't mean just the tick on the RTA rego form) brand new is stupid thing to do. They are ridiculously cheap from government auctions mainly becaue they depcreciate FAST (obviously).

bassistx

HSC
F2001 said:
you're parents are probably right, insurance isn't worth really worth it until you're over that age (21 or 22??) where the insurance co thinks you're far less risk than a typical 18-21.

I didn't say you're retarded, I said buying a vehicle for JUST business purposes (and I don't mean just the tick on the RTA rego form) brand new is stupid thing to do. They are ridiculously cheap from government auctions mainly becaue they depcreciate FAST (obviously).
Right.
But the guy's a rich bastard lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression it was illegal to own a car without at least third party insurance.

is that right? or am i thinking of something else.

p.s. not that this has anything to do with the thread, really. it just occured to me.

bassistx

HSC
That's the rego stuff, it's something else. I asked the police that too lol.

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
not too sure how he could be overtaking you from the left if you were turning left...

... unless you were turning left from the right lane or he was driving on the footpath.

bassistx

HSC
cucum3rs said:
not too sure how he could be overtaking you from the left if you were turning left...

... unless you were turning left from the right lane or he was driving on the footpath.

Did you fail to read all the posts?

Ash, I have a feeling one of us is getting banned tonight lol. So much spam.

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
nope. i read the first post lol

my bad

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Wow i guess that sucks. Part of driving is anticipating things like that though. No one expects you to because you are on your L's and you didnt do anything wrong, but an experienced driver knows not to leave much of a gap in case idiots try something like this. Something similar happened to me when i had my L's except i didnt hit him [ i had stopped in the middle of the road to turn like you, right hand traffic meant he couldnt overtake on the right so the idiot went around on the left]

Its a pretty shit wake up call though. I wish you didnt have to learn the hard way about insurance, but basically you get it to avoid situations were other people are fuckwits, not because you think you will have an accident where its your fault.

My driving instructor had someone fuck her over with insurance, and even if you win the court case, it will be like getting blood out of a stone.

It sucks, but if you take some steps now i.e lawyer up, photos etc then this doesnt have to be as big of a headache as you think.

bassistx

HSC
Serius said:
Wow i guess that sucks. Part of driving is anticipating things like that though. No one expects you to because you are on your L's and you didnt do anything wrong, but an experienced driver knows not to leave much of a gap in case idiots try something like this. Something similar happened to me when i had my L's except i didnt hit him [ i had stopped in the middle of the road to turn like you, right hand traffic meant he couldnt overtake on the right so the idiot went around on the left]

Its a pretty shit wake up call though. I wish you didnt have to learn the hard way about insurance, but basically you get it to avoid situations were other people are fuckwits, not because you think you will have an accident where its your fault.

My driving instructor had someone fuck her over with insurance, and even if you win the court case, it will be like getting blood out of a stone.

It sucks, but if you take some steps now i.e lawyer up, photos etc then this doesnt have to be as big of a headache as you think.
I know, but it's a big deal because we don't have insurance.
So we still have to pay, you know? Sigh.
Thanks anyway.

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression it was illegal to own a car without at least third party insurance.

p.s. not that this has anything to do with the thread, really. it just occured to me.
You have to get third party personal (green slip) before the car can be registered. Third party property isnt compulsory, though it probably should be.

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
Serius said:

You would have anticipated a car to overtake you on the left side when there is a perfectly good lane on the right?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
codydhu said:
You would have anticipated a car to overtake you on the left side when there is a perfectly good lane on the right?
i used the wrong word, anticipation implies you conciously think that its possible that will happen. More like, part of your safe driving practise should be to not leave gaps that could tempt an allready idiotic driver into doing something foolish. It shouldnt even come up in your thought process, its just part of how you drive.

Somewhat how good drivers when approaching a stopped line of traffic like to break early to kill some speed, roll for a little bit then break again to come to a complete stop at the right distance. its better that way because it makes sure the people behind you have plenty of warning that you are stopping.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Lol, what this leb guy is going to do (speaking from relatives/cousins/general public experience) is take his car to get assessed and repaired by the most expensive repair shop, you end up paying the big bucks, while he then goes to his friend/cousin and gets the car fixed for free or much much cheaper...a few G's.

What im thinking is that you decided or indicated a little to late, how come you decided to turn into the street half way, not move from the kerb and curve with the kerb into the side street.

so example:

you are the red, and what you should of done was the blue.

maybe i might be wrong, you either decided to turn late or indicated late.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Even if L's drivers are driving at the speed limit, its just an instinct for someone to overtake or become aggressive towards the 'learner'.

I guess they get offended! :lol:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
In addition its compulsory to have 'third party insurance'.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

You need third party person insurance, so if a person gets injured their medical costs are covered.

As you can see, though, property insurance is very useful, too. You can say it's a ripoff, but then something like this happens and you'll be thankful you've got it. While you're a young driver it IS expensive, but it's cheaper than court costs, cheaper than big repairs, and it just provides peace of mind.

Big insurance advocate here.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
Theres sturdy arguments both ways on the insurance debate.

But if you're a good driver with some experience and pretty capable at quickly developing driving skills then insurance isn't as important. E.g. if your kid is totally new to driving and isnt confident etc then insurance would probably be a good idea to cover damage to car (from poles, parked cars etc).

To bassistx:
That was a serious event! I don't think anyone anticipates something like that happening before they go out driving. A crash like that would've been fucking scary, especially on L's. I dunno if anyone asked you this but are you ok? I mean as ok as you could be after a situation like that. :S

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Hey Basstix, so is the guy still threatening to sue you? Oh yeah how much does he want? If he has insurance and offers to put in a claim as long as you pay for it as long as it's around $500 i would do that. Going to a lawyer would cost thousands, esp when many charge $200 initial consultation fee's.

Also talk to your local legal aid centre, while trying to mediate with the guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)