lol hsc is nothing wait till you see what lies ahead. (1 Viewer)

BlugyBlug

HSC
Stress-wise, uni is lighter on you than the HSC - simply because the consequences of doing bad aren't that hard on you.

However unless you're planning on doing arts/law/comm, be prepared to have a MUCH larger workload than the HSC. (You get used to it though)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Workload is alright. I put on like 10 hours of more extra curriculars (was doing about 10 during HSC) and an extra 20 hours of travel a week and I'm still doing pretty good.

That's 30 hours extra a week I put on of extra stuff which I have accounted for. I guess however I've gotten used to knowing the knowledge and then cramming questions in 2 weeks before an exam or whatever.

The assignments are painful though. In engineering your assignments aren't as simple as writing a 1000 word report or essay. Its usually something that requires much more thinking time and information.

astroman

HSC
Workload is alright. I put on like 10 hours of more extra curriculars (was doing about 10 during HSC) and an extra 20 hours of travel a week and I'm still doing pretty good.

That's 30 hours extra a week I put on of extra stuff which I have accounted for. I guess however I've gotten used to knowing the knowledge and then cramming questions in 2 weeks before an exam or whatever.

The assignments are painful though. In engineering your assignments aren't as simple as writing a 1000 word report or essay. Its usually something that requires much more thinking time and information.
which extrac curriculars?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
However unless you're planning on doing arts/law/comm, be prepared to have a MUCH larger workload than the HSC. (You get used to it though)
Just because law doesn't have high contact hours... doesn't mean there isn't a larger workload LOL

There is an expectation that you engage in high amounts of independent study. I mean law students don't complain about the amount of readings for nothing...

If anything, it's one of the toughest disciplines in terms of workload!

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Just because law doesn't have high contact hours... doesn't mean there isn't a larger workload LOL

There is an expectation that you engage in high amounts of independent study. I mean law students don't complain about the amount of readings for nothing...

If anything, it's one of the toughest disciplines in terms of workload!
do you even engineering?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
maybe uni is harder because you actually have to research??? high school 90% of information is just spoon fed to you.

But more opportunity.

It's pretty cray. I work 30 hours a week, volunteer 5, do 10 hours of extra curriculars, and then go to classes and study as well.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
which extrac curriculars?
design, player, ref

maybe uni is harder because you actually have to research??? high school 90% of information is just spoon fed to you.

But more opportunity.

It's pretty cray. I work 30 hours a week, volunteer 5, do 10 hours of extra curriculars, and then go to classes and study as well.
There always is someone else doing at least a few more hours than me. Heck there would be people doing more extra hours on top than you (although its pretty rare). Its definitely doable though.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

But more opportunity.

Pretty much this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)