• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

London Explosion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
tattoodguy said:
there is no need to get personal. I didnt blow anything up so dont blame me.

blame ur government :)
How about I blame the fucking cockwhores who did the actual attacks, you pathetic father of whores? You know, the ones you see fit to support? You are a fucking piece of shit trying to push a worthless leftist adjenda that no one wants to fucking hear. Just fuck off.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
umm can i just ask one thing. someone please talk on other sections of the forum, i am bored

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I think the G8 summit was just a nice distraction - as in, security was elsewhere and london not as well protected

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Tulipa said:
its very odd though.

i mean perfect timing what with the announcement yesterday and the G8 summit. feels like more an internationalist attack rather than IRA.

didn't blair just get re-elected too?
They couldn't have known the Olympics would have been announced to be in London, and this kind of thing can't be organised in 24 hours. Methinks it's unrelated, or at the very least the selection of London as Olympic city was a secondary reason for the world's attention to be focussed.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Any reports on wether it was suicide bombers? Or just bombs left of the trains/buses......probally too early/

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Asquithian said:
It perhaps shows the failure of the war on terror...something we were meant to be fighting.

What happened to Osmama? No one cares. We overthrew a dictator and the war on terror took a backseat.
Asquith, I think it's more likely to be used as further evidence to support the war, rather than being used to dampen support.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Stuff from the Times:
London hit by 'terror' blasts

A series of bomb blasts that appeared to be a co-ordinated terrorist attack hit London's transport network today forcing police to close mainline stations and the entire underground system and causing dozens of injuries.

There were no confirmed reports of fatalities from three blasts on the Tube and a series of bomb attacks on London buses, but shaken commuters reported seeing bodies on a tube train at Aldgate and City of London police said it had unconfirmed reports of two deaths.

Transport union sources said three London buses had been hit by bomb blasts - including a double decker at Tavistock Square.

The blasts coincide with the first full day of the G8 summit in Gleneagles and come just one day after London won the right to host the 2012 Olymic Games. The number of near-simultaneous explosions bore the hallmarks of an al-Qaeda attack similar to the one that hit the Madrid railway network in March 2003.

A number of people were injured in an explosion at Aldgate station in the City at around 8.49am and the "walking wounded" were being taken to a nearby bus station for immediate treatment. Another explosion was reported at Edgware Road and another in the King's Cross area.

Geoff Hoon, leader of the House of Commons, told MPs that Cabinet ministers were meeting to discuss the situation and the Government would make a statement later.

Among mainline stations, Liverpool Street and King's Cross were closed and evacuated and services to others were interrupted.

British Transport Police (BTP) said that work was being carried out to establish the precise cause of the problem. "It’s chaos, with people trying to work out what has happened," a spokesman said. "All we know at the moment is that staff reported a loud bang at 8.49am.

"No one is sure what caused an explosion, but it is thought it could have been a collision, a power cut, or a power cable problem."

A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said: "We have been called to two explosions, one at Aldgate and one at Edgware Road. We have no other information at the moment. Reports are still coming in."

Transport union officials said their sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground. One explosion happened at Edgware Road and there were suggestions of two other explosions at King’s Cross and Aldgate.

Union sources said they had been given the information by at least one senior Underground manager.

"It is too too early to state what has happened," a Metropolitan Police spokesman said."I cannot comment on reports of bombs, but we have had multi-reports of explosions around London."

Metronet, the company which maintains the infrastructure on the Metropolitan Line, said the explosion was caused by a power surge - althought the National Grid later denied that there had been any special surges. A Metronet spokesman said: "It looks as if we have a major incident. The whole system is being shut down."

Survivors of the Tube blasts described scenes of total chaos. Simon Corvett, 26, from Oxford, was on the eastbound train leaving Edgware Road Tube station when the explosion happened.

He said: "All of sudden there was this massive huge bang. It was absolutely deafening and all the windows shattered. The glass did not actually fall out of the windows, it just cracked. The train came to a grinding halt, everyone fell off their seats."

Mr Corvett, who works in public relations, said that the commuter train was absolutely packed. "There were just loads of people screaming and the carriages filled with smoke," he said. "You couldn’t really breathe and you couldn’t see what was happening. The driver came on the Tannoy and said ‘We have got a problem, don’t panic’."

Sarah Reid, 23, a student doing work experience, was on the carriage next door to the one which was struck by the explosion at Aldgate. Speaking after the ordeal, having been led out down the track, near Liverpool Street station, she told how she saw a carriage ripped apart with the roof blown off.

"I think some people may have died," she said. "I was on the train and there was a fire outside the carriage window and then there was a sudden jolt which shook us forward. The explosion was behind me. Some people took charge. We went out of the back of the carriage.

Ms Reid said the explosion happened at 8.50am but she was not able to get off the carriage until 9.30am. Describing being led away from the scene, she said: "A carriage was split in two, all jagged, and without a roof, just open. I saw bodies, I think."

Sky News footage from Aldgate, in the heart of the City, showed commuters walking from the station covered in blood and soot and people being stretchered from the scene. At least a dozen fire engines were on the scene as nearby roads were closed off and offices evacuated.

Also closed were Liverpool Street mainline station in the City itself and the Kings Cross mainline station to the north. A British Transport Police (BTP) spokesman said that two trains remain stuck in tunnels at Edgware Road, but it is not known if they have collided or if passengers remain on board.

"It’s difficult to know exactly what is going on at the moment," he said. "The initial report came from Liverpool Street, but there are incidents occurring across the network."

He said that officers have been sent into the network to assist with rescue operations."Officers are working at tunnel and platform level to help get people out and to help find out what has happened," he said.

One commuter whose train was diverted because of the chaos said travellers were told there had been a crash involving Tube trains near King’s Cross station.

"The area is solid with people and I have seen many commuters with blackened faces just walking around looking stunned," said Gerard Bithell. His train was diverted from Moorgate to King’s Cross because the station was closed. "We were told there had been a power failure at Moorgate and some kind of accident at King’s Cross," he said.
London explosions: timeline

0849 BST: First explosion occurs on the Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate

0922: King's Cross and Edgware Road stations evacuated. Entire London Underground network evacuated soon after

0928: Metronet, a Tube maintenance company, reports that the explosions have been caused by a power surge

0933: Explosion reported at Edgware Road

0934: A police spokesman says there are "walking wounded" at Aldgate

0946: Explosions reported at King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square Tube stations

0951: Scotland Yard declare a "major incident" on the London Underground

0953: Rescue workers report several injuries at Edgware Road

1013: Union officials report that there has been at least one explosive device on the London Underground

1016: Witnesses report an explosion on a bus at Russell Square

1035: Metropolitan Police confirm that there has been an explosion on a bus in Tavistock Square, Central London

1120: The Army is patrolling the streets of Covent Garden

dabidolamchops

HSC
then
9/11/03
>>>
now
7/7/05

terrorits like their numbers don't they

you what also...first it was with planes...now buses...next,,,ferries or trains?
my theory is if they hit Autsralia it'll be our ferries esp. Circular Quay...
i mean...heaps of ppl including tourists...near CBD..near Harbour Bridge n Opera HOuse...o_O
beware of trains and ferries!!!

this is all too coincedental...

tattoodguy

the 9/11 foootage was spectacular? they dont show that anymore? why is that?

is it something to do with moving on and trying to forget about it?

if u watch foxtel they never show the foootage? why is that? is it some pychological thing?

john howard - didnt start the war? he ordered troops to invade iraq? hasnt that led to 1000's of innocent iraqies being killed? Thats a summmary of what happened.

if you want to defend john howard and our government thats fine, but dont write offf the terrorists for what they do. They also probably have good reasons.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
What's the relation with numbers?
EDIT: and it was 9/11/01.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i have a sister travelin overseas and one of her detinations was london :S but thats not for 3 weeks, hopefully this did not set off a chain of attacks (if it is a terrorist attack) and they just go away for now

RyBo

HSC
yeah the terrorists have good reasons:
1) they want to kill lots of innocent westerners
2) they want to rule the world
3) they want the whole world to be muslim
4) secretely they just need a hug because their mothers didn't love them

Also, I think many people forget, the iraqis were beign OPPRESSED. That means if you say "hussein licks nuts" you get shot. If you steal something, they cut your hand off, then shoot you.

Also, who gives a sh*t if the war was Moral or not?? America is a superpower. Even if 20 million australians write Bush letters to say the war was immoral, he won't care. If you disagree with austalians going to war, then when your 18, vote Johnny out.

I think the opion that the war was bad has been well enough expressed. It's getting tiring.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
dabidolamchops said:
then
9/11/03
>>>
now
7/7/05

terrorits like their numbers don't they

you what also...first it was with planes...now buses...next,,,ferries or trains?
my theory is if they hit Autsralia it'll be our ferries esp. Circular Quay...
i mean...heaps of ppl including tourists...near CBD..near Harbour Bridge n Opera HOuse...o_O
beware of trains and ferries!!!

this is all too coincedental...
1. it was 9/11/01

2. i dont see the pattern of numbers

3. transport is generally where people are

4. shut the fuck up

persephone

HSC
I'm really paranoid that it'll be Australia next. Very paranoid.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Deus said:
Any reports on wether it was suicide bombers? Or just bombs left of the trains/buses......probally too early/
Only two confirmed dead, unlikely to be suicide bombers.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
7 explosions now reported. (instead of the original 6)

Blair is now talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)