long distance relationships (1 Viewer)

proletariat

HSC
All of my old ones have been long distance, or very much like it because of certain complications :/

Though atm i might be able to see her every week or so if it works out lol

they really dont work :/ You tend to evade many problems simply because you can and it ends horribly

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
We were in Japan my friend hooked up with a guy from Serbia.

And she's like "I'm not sure if I should try to go long distance or just call it a holiday fling".

"er are you planning on going to Serbia?"

"No"

"Is he planning on coming to Australia?"

"No"

"So will you ever see him again"

"Not likely"

"So what do you think would be the smart thing to do?"

We assumed she had just left it at that, but a month or so later she's like "Yeah me and Whateverhisnamewas broke up".

"No shit"

Silly, silly girl.

x_ekooC

HSC
I think LDs are fantastic for the HSC and me personally - I need space a lot and there is nothing like a good 400km buffer lol Besides, there is also no temptation to waste a weekend hanging out. It is pretty much physically impossible and would cost a lot of money.
I agree with you here. I've been in a long distance relationship for almost 8 months now and I can tell you now it's one of the best. I've never felt like this for anyone else before. We've gone through our fair share of problems and it makes us stronger every single time. We both lead very busy lives him with work and myself with school, the fact that I'm the guardian of my two sisters aged 8 and 11 makes it hell of a lot more difficult but we still always make time for one another. He's coming over (from NZ) for Easter and we'll start making plans for him to move here by the end of the year. I think for it to work you would have to see each other often. Communication is a must.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
No way. I get shitty if I can't see him every couple of days.

Not at all. Would never work.

yups

HSC
thanks lol. and as for the seeing them every two to three weeks part, try three weeks a year. lol drives you absolutely mad
:speechless: you only see each other 3 weeks a year ?
i wouldn't be able to survive . i would just have a break for a year until i could be with him properly.
anyway as for the long distance question. . i think like 80 km would be the limit for me.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
:speechless: you only see each other 3 weeks a year ?
i wouldn't be able to survive . i would just have a break for a year until i could be with him properly.
anyway as for the long distance question. . i think like 80 km would be the limit for me.
what if he lived like, 80.1 km away

:speechless:

HSC
No for me. Different state is too far and if you don't see each other you lose interest pretty fast.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
you know what
ive always said to myself, "pffft, long distance relationship, id never be able to do that"
but like youve got msn and skype and webcam and phones and shit so i dont think itd be that bad?
as long as its not for too long... like more than a year... wow why bother

HSC
you know what
ive always said to myself, "pffft, long distance relationship, id never be able to do that"
but like youve got msn and skype and webcam and phones and shit so i dont think itd be that bad?
as long as its not for too long... like more than a year... wow why bother
:( I don't have these.

Can't be bothered with emails.
Need physical contact.

HSC
I got to know my g/f before we started dating because we were neighbours in a country town. This was most definitely convenient for the 6 months we lived next door to each other before both of us finished uni and moved away. Nowerdays we're 2hrs apart, and I either drive to see her or she comes up and sees me, on average, every 3 weeks. Still together after a year :uhhuh:

An Ex-g/f and I somehow managed a 10month long distance relationship, except I was here in Oz and she was all the way in China. Clearly that didn't work out, and since then, my radius limit on a girlfriend is 2hrs :p

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i live like an hour an a half away from my person....maybe a bit more
omg same
would u call that long distance but? i thought long distance was like... people living in different states lol. like my friend lives here and her bf lives in brisbane... they only get to see each other during the holidays basically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)