• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Looks like Im getting kicked out of Extension (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
Good luck with your UAI aim buddy.
LOL. That's true to some extent even though sarcasm is the main element of this post.

Twickel

HSC
SOR- 80%
Bio- 96% ( I did well)
Chem- 71% ( 31% abv avg)
YAY!

Maths- Teachers said I have 1.5 terms to prove myself

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Twickel said:
SOR- 80%
Bio- 96% ( I did well)
Chem- 71% ( 31% abv avg)
YAY!

Maths- Teachers said I have 1.5 terms to prove myself
Um... your marks & ranks are quite decent (need to highlight how well you did in Biology, congratulation!). Why not put more effort into Maths now? (since you seem to be performing quite well in other subjects)

1.5 terms is plenty time for you to prove yourself. However, never waste a day of it! Study consistently = studying smart. Good luck!

Pink Oni

HSC
lyounamu said:
Um... your marks & ranks are quite decent (need to highlight how well you did in Biology, congratulation!). Why not put more effort into Maths now? (since you seem to be performing quite well in other subjects)

1.5 terms is plenty time for you to prove yourself. However, never waste a day of it! Study consistently = studying smart. Good luck!
That being said, they shouldn't ignore their strengths, right?

st1m

HSC
Hey Twickel,

don't worry you can improve in your exams in ext 1. Just put in the effort and DO ALL THE H/W YOURSELF. Thats what i noticed about students who didn't do so well in the last exam. They just copy the h/w.

To be honest im slacking off alot this second term. And everyone does bad in some areas, like myself my worst subject is adv english.

I got 7/15 in my essay :( really depressing, higest mark was 12

You can always improve... there are many ways and your aim is very realestic. Just do your h/w and understand the content. My friend's bro got 70's in SC and 50's in prelim. In the HSC he studies 2 weeks before and he REALLY STUDIED, to the extent that he didn't sleep in one of his HSC exams. At the end he got a UAI of 93. So count this as your practice year and try to just UNDERSTAND, don' worry about the exams just make sure you understand so that HSC will be easier for you.

P.S to all those ignorant people like Razizi trying to be sarcastic about your UAI aim, they are just jelous because they don't have high belief in themselves as you do.

Cya

Pink Oni

HSC
st1m said:
In the HSC he studies 2 weeks before and he REALLY STUDIED, to the extent that he didn't sleep in one of his HSC exams.

Cya
Holy ambiguous sentences, sirs.

st1m

HSC
yes i know but i know the person personally, he does acturial studies but changed to finance. I think he was memorising an essay at that time. His brothers are in my school, and they are smart.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Twickel said:
So, I got 32/60 in 2u maths avg was like 45/60.
My First Ext exam I got 13/30(AVG mark), I dont know about the second one, all I know about the second one is that I had a chest infection a week before the exam and missed out on curve sketching, so I did not do well.

DAMN, I almost cried, this is so depressing. But I cant pick up any other subjects, what now?

I spoke to the math co-ordinator she said she has to see my marks first, I already told her but.................

So yeah someone else got 55% in 2u I got 53%, but in the first ext1 exam I got 13/30(avg) he got 4/30, someone else got 11/13 in first ext, 56% in 2u.

Guys and Girls, today I cried for the first time since awhile.

Whats not fair is last year my friend in year 12 at the moment said some people weere getting 1s in EXT but they could still do it.
If you were in year 12, i would of told you straight out. "You wont last".
and if you continue this way you wont.

In year 11 i was getting 50-70% in Ext1 math.
In year 12 you will get used to the style of Ext1 type of questions and you should get your average up really high.

The highest mark i ever got for Extmath in year 11 was around 66%.
In year 12 my average was around 91% .
My final HSC mark.. 49/50

Just keep at it...

st1m

HSC
yea but i think he is happy. Regardless of wha people say i think that you should not put others down, its just sad to see smarty pants making sarcastic jokes on people judging by a subject they might need some work on.

Twickel

HSC
Thanks for those words :) :)

I feel better now. I am doing fin in all other subjects just need to improve in Math and Ext.

Twickel

HSC
I ended up getting 53%, so for this exam i was abv avg by 1 mark.

Stupid teacher said I failed and that my test was E marked whatever that meant.

Not that good still, but at least I am above average and passed.

HSC
Twickel said:
THATS WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND.
WHAT SUBJECT AM I GOING TO PICK UP HALF WAY THROUGHT THE PRELIM COURSE

I am so STUFFED, its not fair last year everyone stuffed up and they still got to do extension.

At the end of the year though I will drop extension. Not like I did that bad in the first exam, I was avg mark.
Why do you care about getting kicked out now if you are just going to drop it at the end of the year?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry your not doing that bad. I beat 20 students in my class with only the first page of my exam and 7 students with one question in our extension exam.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
st1m said:
P.S to all those ignorant people like Razizi trying to be sarcastic about your UAI aim, they are just jelous because they don't have high belief in themselves as you do.

Cya
I have a high belief in myself, what makes you think I don't? :). I'm not jealous as well...I was just making a point that the person who got 8/53 should work harder and to the best of their ability, so that they can attain their high UAI in the future. If it looked like I was criticising shaon0, or if anyone else was offended by the comment I made, then I apologise :(.

Last edited:

shaon0

HSC
kaz1 said:
Don't worry your not doing that bad. I beat 20 students in my class with only the first page of my exam and 7 students with one question in our extension exam.
Came 7th in 3unit...wat did u come kazi?

L

lsam

st1m said:
Hey Twickel,

don't worry you can improve in your exams in ext 1. Just put in the effort and DO ALL THE H/W YOURSELF. Thats what i noticed about students who didn't do so well in the last exam. They just copy the h/w.

To be honest im slacking off alot this second term. And everyone does bad in some areas, like myself my worst subject is adv english.

I got 7/15 in my essay :( really depressing, higest mark was 12

You can always improve... there are many ways and your aim is very realestic. Just do your h/w and understand the content. My friend's bro got 70's in SC and 50's in prelim. In the HSC he studies 2 weeks before and he REALLY STUDIED, to the extent that he didn't sleep in one of his HSC exams. At the end he got a UAI of 93. So count this as your practice year and try to just UNDERSTAND, don' worry about the exams just make sure you understand so that HSC will be easier for you.

Cya
You sir, are an idiot. Why would he be sarcastic about his UAI aim in the first place when his university goal is Medicine. There is not even a single reason he would be jealous and I am pretty sure he is academically, intellectually and socially confident himself that he can get that.

He was merely stating that getting a pathetic mark would not get him his UAI goal so he must work harder. His statement was merely a fact and stop accusing people of aiming for high UAI. You must realise that they are people who are actually going to get 99 UAI (and hence better than you who can only aim for <30 UAI).

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
st1m said:
He wasn't being sarcastic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)