Losing 10% if you stay home a day before an exam? (1 Viewer)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
My school doesn't have this policy but I wish they did. It seems to be more fair; everyone gets an equal amount of time to prepare.

iBibah

HSC
So are you all saying that this policy is true?

How about in regards to skipping classes?
You are required to complete a certain number of hours per subject, so skipping could result in an N Award.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Tomorrow is the day before English is due, cannot wait to see how many people are away.
+1

The unprepared nature of our "Lower ability" standard cohort will inevitably result in several students do an all nighter to simply get an 8/15.

Nek minnit school rank 600

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
You are required to complete a certain number of hours per subject, so skipping could result in an N Award.
You sure?

I thought you only had to do enough hours so that the principal was satisfied that you completed all outcomes. Because when I accelerated 2U last year I literally didn't attend any classes, not one.

CloudDeter

HSC
Our school doesn't seem to have a policy anything like this, apart from the need to have a doctor's certificate if you are away on the day an assessment is due.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
TBH a lot of people have it easy. I wake up at 5:30AM to school and come back at 5 - 5:30PM. Essentially 12 hours that I'm out.

I moved to my current area last year in December, and from what I know, you can't swap schools after the beginning of the HSC course.

iBibah

HSC
You sure?

I thought you only had to do enough hours so that the principal was satisfied that you completed all outcomes. Because when I accelerated 2U last year I literally didn't attend any classes, not one.
That's why I said you 'could' be N awarded as its up to the teacher/whoever is in charge at your school to decide. It really depends on the student and teacher. You can actually be N awarded simply for not putting in "diligence and sustained" but like I said it comes down to the student and teacher/authority.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Dude that sucks ...

I know for a fact my school doesn't care if you stay home a day before an assessment or HSC exam. In fact, they encourage it. It gives the last-minute procrastinating students a time to scrap together some marks.

Your school schedule seems extremely overkill ...

This is my school timetable: (I'm going for an ATAR btw)
Monday: 8:30 - 12:45
Tuesday: 8:30 - 12:45
Wednesday: 8:30 - 12:15
Thursday: 8:30 - 2:30
Friday: 9:45 - 2:30

I'm also on top of every class and ranked in the top 5 of my school.

Yay for Public Schooling ...

Moral of my bragging story ..
Public Schools > Private Schools
If you are top 5 in your school, then why are you aiming an estimating a low 70's ATAR? What would your school rank be. At least aim for a 90.

deviouswatch

HSC
My school's policy on absence on the day before is ZERO for the task, unless you get a doctor's certificate. This is the school day before, so if the task is on Monday and you are away on Fri, zero.

I think the policy is as long as you complete the minimum hours needed for the course and the school signs you off on that, the BOS doesn't give a toss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)