lengy

HSC
Re: Are YOU trying to lose weight?

so have you given it a name yet? :p

pseudonym

Advertisement Space...
HSC

As the lazy academic type, I am about 162-ish cm and 55 kg. Changing my diet to healthy nutritious foods was the incredibly easy part, I never crave junk foods. I do about 5 minutes of weights and crunches each day and fast walking. Now recently I've tried to take up jogging but only after half a minute of it up a mildly steep hill I am plagued with stiches and crippling pain in the leg muscles. My legs honestly feel like they turn into lead as soon as I launch up that hill, and it really turns me off trying to exercise every day. Please tell me that the leg pain will lessen soon.

BlackDragon

HSC

shin splints!

yeah that's a common problem for anyone and everyone who hasn't excerised for a while. the more you do it the more it'll go away.

BinMac

Banned
HSC
Re: to lose the weighttt

If u want to lose weight,jogging and stuff is food, but if you sprint for like lets say a minute every other day, the sprinting will speed up ur metabolism and stuff, also if you star lifting a little weight you will see even better results faster. But dont never stop eating, a lot of people think that by starving themselves they will lose weight, but it doesnt really work and its not healthy at all. Also, try to limit you intake of white flour, white rice, white potatoes, pasta and fruit juices. Instead eat whole grain breads, cereals(doesnt matter kind), sweet potatoes, brown rice and water whenever possible.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A

eat everything but in small portions, water water water, clears pimples skin flushes toxins, reduces dehydration and sometimes ppl can confuse thirst with hunger. 8 glasses a day, always. breakfast largest meal, ppl tend to do the opposite n eat nothing for breakfast, this is completely wrong, breakfast is a must, i eat everything on the table for breakfast.dinner smallest (half a dinner plate). occassionally have larger meals but take 20mins to eat it - ur metabolism needs time to break food down, otherwise it will store it if u force all this food onto ur body. cut out bread for dinner, only allow sandwiches lunch or breakfast toast. exercise will probably speed ur progress but i have not exercised for 5 years n im 46kg ( not underweight when ur at my height, for skepticals im not asian either lol). also reducing sugar sure it helps, but i still eat plenty of it everyday, u need ur energy from somewhere, i just eat small amounts of it frequently. rare soft drinks tho they are not useful for anything at all, u already get enuf sugar from chocolate/sweets/treats etc. along with this at least a fruit a day. at least. although i must say 60kg is actually very fine for 160cm, for ur height id say DO NOT go below 50 if u dont wana b anorexic, seriously.

Last edited:

sleepplease

HSC

Fuck :( this thread makes me depressed

I'm 164 cm and weigh 57 kg.

I want to weigh 50 - 52

But the weight wont go!

I've lost 8kg over the last two months but now I'm stuck stuck stuck!

I've been eating a piece of fruit, 1/2 a serve of beans/lentils/chicpeas and a serving of vegetables a day and I'm still not losing weight!.

I also do 100 situps, 100 pushups, and run for about 40mins each day.

Why arent I losing weight guys!! Just 5 kgs more and I'm happy!!! :( :( :(

P.s Best of luck OJ :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

sleepplease said:
I've been eating a piece of fruit, 1/2 a serve of beans/lentils/chicpeas and a serving of vegetables a day and I'm still not losing weight!.
Hold on...is that ALL you eat? Are you nuts??? Personally, your height and weight tells me that you don't need to lose weight, but I won't judge you, because people tell me not to lose any more weight, but I'm still going to do it lol

HOWEVER, that is not a healthy eating diet. I've said this many times before on this forum: In 2005 I ate 6 small meals a day and (with exercising every day) I lostt 12 kilos. Starving yourself just doesn't work.

Maybe your not losing anymore weight coz your not meant to? If you stick to that crazy diet and those exercising, then you most probably will lose the weight. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen.

I seriously do not recommend you continue going with that diet. Look up the CSIRO diet. I went on their healthy eating diet which tells you to eat small portions 6 a day. You will do more damage than good with the diet you're on

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC

I'm interested in how much WALKING is necessary to get some meaningful weight loss. Of course i understand this has to happen overtime, not overnight, so how much walkind per session, how many consistent sessions are necesary, at elast initially. And can i assume that once i've reached a "plateau" situation i can further improve results by either/both going faster or/and further?

-P_D

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A

sleepplease said:
Fuck :( this thread makes me depressed

I'm 164 cm and weigh 57 kg.

I want to weigh 50 - 52

But the weight wont go!

I've lost 8kg over the last two months but now I'm stuck stuck stuck!

I also do 100 situps, 100 pushups, and run for about 40mins each day.

Why arent I losing weight guys!! Just 5 kgs more and I'm happy!!! :( :( :(

P.s Best of luck OJ :)

arghhh! don't get so hung up over the number on the scale! if you are doing rather a lot of exercise, especially muscle-building things, then your actual weightloss might seem a bit stagnant because of increased muscle mass (i'm sure you know about muscle weighing more than fat).

you should be determining whether you have reached your ideal body shape/size by the fit of your clothes and, if you can be bothered, by taking measurements.

honestly, everyone should throw away their scales; i can promise you that you will be a happier person for it. :)

sleepplease

HSC

You're a wise woman chelsea_girl.

Even without the scales though, being a size 8 would be lovely.

But it's ok. One must not let superficial things such as weight make one sad. (One must question why one has started to talk in the third person :)) So I shall smile and carry on with the seemingly ridiculously frivilous chore of dieting, because for some poorly defined reason it seems important.

Bonne nuit mes BoSers j'espère que tu fais des bonne rêves. :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

I've lost 3kgs in the last 2 weeks and lost about 17cms around my whole body. Practically, the first key is drinking about 3-4L's of water. Your kidneys need a lot of water in order for them to function. If not, your liver will not be able to metabolize stored fat at a fast speed and hence the fat stays in your body and consequently you begin to gain weight or stop losing it. Also, you have to get rid of water retention, as it helps your system get rid of things such as excess sodium, waste in conjunction with metabolizing stored fat. Then, what i do is practically keep to the required amount of calories my body needs, with about some moderate exercise everyday. Also another thing contributing to slow weight loss is staying up late at night, as it forces your liver and kidney to work overtime so you won't be able to metabolize fat as quickly. Expanding on that, don't have irregular meal times, esp. eating late at night. Also, don't worry about the scale that much - Sometimes your weight might not have gone down, but you've probably dropped inches around your body. But anyways, the best time to see your most accurate weight is once you wake up, as there you haven't eaten or drinken anything yet.

Last edited:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

chelsea girl said:
arghhh! don't get so hung up over the number on the scale! if you are doing rather a lot of exercise, especially muscle-building things, then your actual weightloss might seem a bit stagnant because of increased muscle mass (i'm sure you know about muscle weighing more than fat).

you should be determining whether you have reached your ideal body shape/size by the fit of your clothes and, if you can be bothered, by taking measurements.

honestly, everyone should throw away their scales; i can promise you that you will be a happier person for it. :)
This is actually very very true.

P_Dilemma said:
I'm interested in how much WALKING is necessary to get some meaningful weight loss. Of course i understand this has to happen overtime, not overnight, so how much walkind per session, how many consistent sessions are necesary, at elast initially. And can i assume that once i've reached a "plateau" situation i can further improve results by either/both going faster or/and further?
Well it ultimately depends on how much weight you want to lose. But in terms of ANY exercise (ie, walking, running, biking), it starts to work (and burn off fat) only after 30mins. SO you should aim to walk for 45 mins - a power walk that is - almost every day. Perhaps 5 out of the 7 days a week to start off with. Give yourself a break on the weekend.

Once you reach that plateau (oh the dread) then you should start alternating between running for 15mins, walking for 20mins, and running for the last 10mins. RUnning will build muscle, once you have lost the fat, and will also tone excess skin.

You also need to eat well. Say goodbye to fast food - not forever though! A treat every couple of weeks is perfect. You shouldn't make the weight loss a job, or something that you dread. It's gotta be enjoyable, so take a friend or your Ipod!

PrettyVacant

HSC

LottoX said:
I went for an 11 kilometre walk today. Woohoo.

I didn't know where else to post this. =D
=( Omg Andrew, you're so fit.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC

Ok gonna do some skipping tonight. 5 sessions of 3 minutes. I hope i can shed some pounds. Been eating heaps too, so i hope this all works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)