Lost (1 Viewer)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Merethrond said:
Oh man, that episode really was a disappointment. Nothing really happened:(.
oh plenty happened. We have a close glipse into sawyer as a scavenger. Slight tention between kate and Jack. Hurleys freaked out about kate. the group that treked are keeping the secnret from the others. Michael subles upon sun. Locke has survival skills.

Dont worry the show will build and build but you can't expect them to spil everything 3 episodes in do you?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
routemarker said:
oh plenty happened. We have a close glipse into sawyer as a scavenger. Slight tention between kate and Jack. Hurleys freaked out about kate. the group that treked are keeping the secnret from the others.
Yeah, exactly, nothing interesting happened:p!

routemarker said:
Michael subles upon sun. Locke has survival skills.
What:confused:?

routemarker said:
Dont worry the show will build and build but you can't expect them to spil everything 3 episodes in do you?
No, but they are not even retaining my interest at the moment. From what I have seen so far, this is one of the most over-rated shows in a long time:(.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
routemarker said:
Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

If you're looking for a self-contained show where questions are raised and answered within 5 minutes and then the next week it's like the past never happened, don't watch Lost.
If you're looking for the tv version of Jurassic Park, don't watch Lost.
If you're looking for a show firmly based on reality, don't watch Lost.
If you're looking for a new teenage drama, don't watch Lost.

If you do not enjoy next week's episode, Walkabout, then you will probably not ever 'get into' Lost - it's extending the format used this week. Characters have backstories, and backstories are presented throughout the episode. If you find it boring then Lost isn't the show for you.
However, if you do enjoy the next episode then you are going to love the others. :)

It's as overrated as you make it.

I will admit that tonight's episode isn't one of the most interesting ones though - whether it's just because I'm not very interested in Kate or whether it just lacked something I'm not sure.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
i just want to comment on how stupid that guy shot the sick man in the chest??! Shoot him in the bloody head dimwit!!

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
midnight said:
If you're looking for a self-contained show where questions are raised and answered within 5 minutes and then the next week it's like the past never happened, don't watch Lost.
If you're looking for the tv version of Jurassic Park, don't watch Lost.
If you're looking for a show firmly based on reality, don't watch Lost.
If you're looking for a new teenage drama, don't watch Lost.
I know what kind of a show Lost is but basically no questions were answered tonight or even hinted at and no more questions were raised. I just thought it was lacking in all aspects:(.

midnight said:
If you do not enjoy next week's episode, Walkabout, then you will probably not ever 'get into' Lost - it's extending the format used this week. Characters have backstories, and backstories are presented throughout the episode. If you find it boring then Lost isn't the show for you.
However, if you do enjoy the next episode then you are going to love the others. :)
Well I will look forward to it in anticipation:). I was after-all quite impressed with the last twenty or so minutes of episode two:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Survivor39 said:
i just want to comment on how stupid that guy shot the sick man in the chest??! Shot him in the bloody head dimwit!!
Yeah, it was pretty stupid of him. He probably just didn't want him to get all mangled:(.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Merethrond said:
I know what kind of a show Lost is but basically no questions were answered tonight or even hinted at and no more questions were raised. I just thought it was lacking in all aspects:(.
Lots of things were subtly introduced.
I think an important part of the episode had us questioning Kate's character - to most of the people on the island she seems to be the female Jack, but to those who have more of an idea about who she really is they don't see her as a leader. So if anything the main question was 'what has she done to make them view her as bad?'. The advantage is that Kate, and the others, can share as little or as much as they want about their real life at this point, and I think the writers want the audience to question whether the characters are as they seem. [You'll see in their episodes how true your perception is]
They also showed the strong personalities on the island. And interaction between characters that will seem important later, but I won't go into it now.

I guess my point is that just because something seems slow it doesn't necessarily mean that it is. Sometimes you have to appreciate things that lead to what you want to see, regardless of whether you enjoyed watching.

I don't want to comment too much on the Sawyer thing, but I don't think it's in his character to shoot someone in the head.
I think to shoot someone would be one thing, but to know you murdered them right away is something else.

waterfowl

HSC
midnight said:
'what has she done to make them view her as bad?'
Nothing....no one knows what she did yet; they only view her badly because "she is dangerous" and they saw her mugshot.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Yes I've seen the episode.

I can't say whether the way the writers handled it in this episode was good or not, but once you've seen the others and know what she did it doesn't matter.
Like it seems totally pointless that they didn't give you any clues at all as to why she's not to be trusted, but I'd rather that than a contrived answer at the 40 [or 55] minute mark.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
midnight said:
So if anything the main question was 'what has she done to make them view her as bad?'.
Well it seems to be quite obvious to them and us that se did something pretty bad:).

midnight said:
I guess my point is that just because something seems slow it doesn't necessarily mean that it is. Sometimes you have to appreciate things that lead to what you want to see, regardless of whether you enjoyed watching.
OK, so a lot of small things happened in this episode that paves the way for later on. OK, I can accept that:).

midnight said:
I don't want to comment too much on the Sawyer thing, but I don't think it's in his character to shoot someone in the head.
I think to shoot someone would be one thing, but to know you murdered them right away is something else.
He was murdering him either way:).

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
so far there has been no bad lost episode. Its brilliantly written. Just because you dont "find out" anything about the moster or whatever doesnt make it a "bad episode". There is a lot of charachter development going into this which is what makes it interesting. Like midnite said, we're not supposed to find out everything straight away because wheres the fun in that? it takes away the mystery that is what is so enticing about the show.

For those who have seen the latest U.S. one, how good was it? i absoloutely loved it.
just to clarify that what i thought at the end of the episode that sawyer killed jacks dad? jacks dad died of alcohol poisoning and sawyer bought the bottle. im loving how alot of the past stories are crossing over. Its making it quite interesting.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
i thought something was going to happen to it when the old weird guy tethered it to the tree and left it to tell the dad to bring it to his son...
but something will probably happen it later on... i mean, they play with our emotions with the son losing his mum and being so attached to the dog and all... so i bet they'll make something happen to it and we'll all be crying :confused:

the happy music at the end was kind of weird.. and then you see the guy looking scary and shifty. who do you think he is?
and what do you think kate did?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
graphix said:
The thread is way too long to go through ever post, but just thought I would add that I reckon Lost is awesome and I love the concept of these kind of shows...I'm up to date with the episodes aired in the US, and I must say IMO it gets better and better.

So without giving anything away, people not hooked yet I encourage you to just keep watching as I found personally it gets better and better as the show progresses and characters are built upon as the show goes into the past and explores their lives before the plane crash and what took them to take that fateful flight. Can't wait for the next episode!
i don't know how it can get much better than it is, it's awesome

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Oh, I forgot that there was a couple of things that I found interesting/weird and which brought up some questions. It was where the father of the child that lost his dog said to his son, "I will find the dog when it stops raining" and then it immediately stopped raining and turned sunny:confused:. Then when he was looking for it in the forest something chased him but they never revealed what it was. It sounded like a pig to me:).

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
shit shit shit. i went to O party and completely forgot it was on...
someone preferably merethond give me a quick rundown of what actually happened!!! FUCK

graphix

HSC
Krangelus said:
For those who have seen the latest U.S. one, how good was it? i absoloutely loved it.
just to clarify that what i thought at the end of the episode that sawyer killed jacks dad? jacks dad died of alcohol poisoning and sawyer bought the bottle. im loving how alot of the past stories are crossing over. Its making it quite interesting.
Yeah I thought it was quite clever how they tied that together. Just more intrigue for the viewers here to ponder upon, although that is quite a fair bit away with only one episode a week.... :p

My thoughts on next weeks Ep17 (US):

Apparently the raft Michael was building that we saw at the end of Ep 16 is burnt down, and Michael thinks it was Jin in the tension between them over Sun...would like to see if it actually is him, we probably won’t find out though straight away. Just that I would of thought Jin would have been one of the people in the group of ‘trying to get off the island’ rather than just inhabiting it as best as they can until someone hopefully comes (ie: Jack).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)