Lost (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
yeah... it didn't deserve the hype, i'll watch the amazing race instead. untill win starts showing the apprentice

i don't like the idea of a big monster trying to eat them all.......

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It was definately better than what I expected it to be. Mind you, the way that body was, it kinda like anacondos. Hmm, but other than that it was sometimes freaky, maybe i shouldn't sit at home by myself in the dark. lol.

I feel sorry for charlie, theres always one character that is always left behind.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm serious. I was expecting a pre-scripted survivour. Hehe, but also the constant movement of the camera was hurting my eyes ... but i know its part of the thingo to make it suspenseful.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
You can call the monster Lostzilla, if you wish.

I hope you guys are willing to give up until episode 3/4 a chance. If you hate it from there then the show isn't for you, but remember you've only seen half of the two-part pilot. :)
The later episodes focus a lot on why the people on the island were on the plane, and explore some of the difficulties they're facing while they wait to be rescued. It's not gory the whole way through.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm definately willing to watch the show and see how it unravels ... it was good that they didn't start the ep on the plane though.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The later episodes sound like Gilligan's Island, from midnight's description.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I will definitely be following the whole series unless it gets a lot worse. So does it get better:)?

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
all i can say is...yep it does!

Mind you the episode that was played tonight was only part 1 of the pilot. Part 2 will be played next week. That way everything shoudl be comming in nicely.

The good thing about this show is when they answer one question it results in even more questions poping up.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
the first show cried out Jurassic Park in so many ways only they didn't show the dinosaurs. seriously when they show the creature if it isn't some amazing CGI the show's going to lose it's audience. but if it's mainly about character development ( nothing new mind you ) then it might go far depending on where the show takes you. i'll keep watching only because Medical Investigation is right after it :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yes it was crying out Jurassic Park - it even looked like the same island. The monster thingo could even be a t-rex :p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
midnight said:
You can call the monster Lostzilla, if you wish.

I hope you guys are willing to give up until episode 3/4 a chance. If you hate it from there then the show isn't for you, but remember you've only seen half of the two-part pilot. :)
The later episodes focus a lot on why the people on the island were on the plane, and explore some of the difficulties they're facing while they wait to be rescued. It's not gory the whole way through.
as long as they stop focusing so much attention on the damn monster

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
It's hard to calm you all down without spoiling! ;)

The monster isn't the primary focus of the show. About a third is focused on backstory, the other two thirds on happenings on the island.

And as someone who has seen Gilligan's Island and Lost, I can tell you that they're quite different. :p

I haven't seen Jurassic Park for ages, but Lost was filmed on Oahu, Hawaii. [Hope I got the spelling right!]
I'm actually surprised that so many people are thinking of dinosaurs, because it didn't cross my mind for a second. :eek:

Keep in mind that they're up to episode 14 in the US with no decline in ratings. Whatever you may think of Americans, millions of people aren't going to be watching unless it's really good or really addictive.

waterfowl

HSC
It appears to be a good show so far, the characterisation is quite well done too.
As soon as that 'monster' or whatever started doing his thing, I thought immediately of Jurrassic Park, but then I realised that it would be utterly stupid of them to do that - and if that is what they have done, I will lose any respect I have for the writers.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Do dinosaurs rip trees out of the ground or bloody up pilots but leave their bodies? I'm just saying.

And yeah, Lost and Jurassic Park were filmed on the same island.

I haven't seen the pilot in a while, so it was surprising to see how much screen-time Rose gets, cos she doesn't really get seen all that much later on (that's not a spoiler).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Do dinosaurs rip trees out of the ground or bloody up pilots but leave their bodies? I'm just saying.
I dunno ... wasn't around 65 million years ago :p

waterfowl

HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Yeh that's what also made me doubt they had taken the dinosaur path; however my mum was convinced it was a dinosaur - "it is, I bet you it is!" - I swear she can be such an embarrasment.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Monkey Butler said:

And yeah, Lost and Jurassic Park were filmed on the same island.

I haven't seen the pilot in a while, so it was surprising to see how much screen-time Rose gets, cos she doesn't really get seen all that much later on (that's not a spoiler).
i though 'lost' was filmed in australia?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
i though 'lost' was filmed in australia?
nope, hawaii

and the monster is not a dinosaur. i read an interview with the creators, and while they would not say what it was, they said it definitely wasn't that. to those that didn't like the whole monster thing, you will be glad to know that is hardly the shows focus at all. after the first couple episodes it doesn't make an appearance for awhile. and so far, halfway through the first season, we still don't know what it is.

btw, stick around with this show at least until the 4th episode. that was possibly the greatest hour of television i have ever seen. it was pure brilliance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)