• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Lost (2 Viewers)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
crazyhomo said:
nope, hawaii

and the monster is not a dinosaur. i read an interview with the creators, and while they would not say what it was, they said it definitely wasn't that. to those that didn't like the whole monster thing, you will be glad to know that is hardly the shows focus at all. after the first couple episodes it doesn't make an appearance for awhile. and so far, halfway through the first season, we still don't know what it is.

btw, stick around with this show at least until the 4th episode. that was possibly the greatest hour of television i have ever seen. it was pure brilliance
why do the channel 7 ads keep mentioning australia......

damn false advertising!

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
midnight said:
You can call the monster Lostzilla, if you wish.

The later episodes focus a lot on why the people on the island were on the plane, and explore some of the difficulties they're facing while they wait to be rescued. It's not gory the whole way through.
I hope so because the monster is the crappiest part of the storyline... its way too sci-fi/fantasy.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
why do the channel 7 ads keep mentioning australia......

damn false advertising!
No no, we will see that australia pop out alot. They said 'based out of australia' which is true. The survivors were on a flight from Sydney to LA and we will soon learn why some of the survivors were on the flight and why they were in Australia in the first place.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
crazyhomo said:
btw, stick around with this show at least until the 4th episode. that was possibly the greatest hour of television i have ever seen. it was pure brilliance
That's the one that really got me as well. The big reveal at the end is all too much!
Nothing beats episode 12 though. At least I think it was 12.

The show has a firm base in fantasy [again, episode four will make that very clear], but it's not as removed from reality as a typical sci-fi show.

Don't stress about the monster! You'll almost forget about it as the season goes on.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
transcendent said:
i'll keep watching only because Medical Investigation is right after it :p
Damn, I forgot about that show:(. Was it good:)?

routemarker

HSC
This show rated its ass off last night. Officially (with desperate housewives) are the highest rated premieres in television history.

THURSDAY 8.30
Lost (7) 2.34 Million Viewers*
Law and Order: SVU (10) 1.33 Million Viewers*
ER (9) 0.971 Million Viwers*

*Refers to top 5 markets (Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane/Adelaide/Perth)

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Lost owns. :D

Was Law & Order a repeat?
I'm glad something is finally outrating the cop shows.

Bobcat

HSC
I liked it last night, however found if a bit cliche that Jack (is that the main dudes name??) just happened to be a doctor who had had a few flight lessons...

Was still good, and i will prob continue watching it!

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
routemarker said:
This show rated its ass off last night. Officially (with desperate housewives) are the highest rated premieres in television history.

THURSDAY 8.30

it fully proves that hype and advertising make ratings... lost and desperate housewives were promoted to death (sometimes literally as some people feel they crashed and burnt trying to live up to expectations).

routemarker

HSC
Beckiki_S said:
it fully proves that hype and advertising make ratings... lost and desperate housewives were promoted to death (sometimes literally as some people feel they crashed and burnt trying to live up to expectations).
that is true to an extent what you need is hype+good product lack one and numbers will be low. So the real indication is will those people remain with the show. Many times i have seen shows get promoted to death (ie playing it straight) and if its crap the numbers will never be up.

The desperate housewives encore registered 500,000 people who watched the show twice. The repeat won its timeslot vs all new Third Watch and The OC Obsess Completely special (which bombed).

Fact is these shows are masterpieces and everywhere they have aired they became instant hits across all demographics.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
routemarker said:

THURSDAY 8.30

thats awesome! thats heaps better rating than anything else
double channel 9!

routemarker

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
thats awesome! thats heaps better rating than anything else
double channel 9!
lol yep, they came third last night and its about time. But knowing nine CSI repats always do the trick. Maybe not up against Lost.

Nine execs went into crisis talks this morning regarding their desaster. heres an article about nines big dillema.

http://www.crikey.com.au/media/2005/02/04-0003.html

goan_crazy

HSC
routemarker said:
lol yep, they came third last night and its about time. But knowing nine CSI repats always do the trick. Maybe not up against Lost.

Nine execs went into crisis talks this morning regarding their desaster. heres an article about nines big dillema.

http://www.crikey.com.au/media/2005/02/04-0003.html
wow thats interesting...
haha suck crap 2 channel 9 :p

goan_crazy

HSC
Beckiki_S said:
desperate housewives and lost
had heaps of advertising and anticpiation leading up to them...
wats good as well is THE OC season 2!

juggernaut

HSC
yep, very mad show. im up to episode 6...

wat ive hated about this show so far is at the end of each episode you are left wanting/knowing sooo much more. would suck waiting a whole week! (hence why im up to episode 6 after watching the first episode only last night)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)