Macquarie Open Day (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The Mac Open day would have been pretty cool to go to for the freebies as well! ^_^

Although there is no real Engineering courses there... >_> (phail).

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
engineering at macquarie seems really crap.... although commerce stuff seemed ok

5233andy

HSC
I thought that it was pretty well organised. I spent most of my time at the faculty of business and economics' hall. Their lectures were okay... though one of the lecturers were a little eccentric...

speedofsound

HSC
the camels were SO CUTE. as was the kindifarm... yes, i am 5.

now considering a few new courses. the social science and sociology guy was great. and yeah that's like all i saw. :)

Stephie-Rae

HSC
I thought it was great. Everyone was really helpful, most of the lectures were to the point and didn't drag on too much (except for the psychology one *yawn*) and i managed to choose my desired course out of my list of 4 options, so i'm happy. looking forward to next year =)

lychnobity

HSC
The business and economics booths owned all the other unis in terms of helpfulness, clarity and niceness. Also, the yoyos were pretty cool. I liked the USB too.

The girl at the Actuarial Studies booth was awesome, especially as she is a current student. Actually, all the current students that were there were generally a lot better than the guys at UTS, USyd and UNSW.

I thought it was better than all the other universities. Especially liked the lake and the water spout, made for a nice cooler at the end of the day when it was burning.

On an off note, didn't see any bosers, and no bosers saw me.

Did anyone go to the 2h Actuarial Studies lecture? If you did, can you please give us a run down of what was said?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yes I went to 2 hour one.

Summary:

Macq = best in the actuarial studies in oz if not the world
Actuaries = big money, top rated job in the world (top 1-2)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
The business and economics booths owned all the other unis in terms of helpfulness, clarity and niceness. Also, the yoyos were pretty cool. I liked the USB too.

The girl at the Actuarial Studies booth was awesome, especially as she is a current student. Actually, all the current students that were there were generally a lot better than the guys at UTS, USyd and UNSW.

I thought it was better than all the other universities. Especially liked the lake and the water spout, made for a nice cooler at the end of the day when it was burning.

On an off note, didn't see any bosers, and no bosers saw me.

Did anyone go to the 2h Actuarial Studies lecture? If you did, can you please give us a run down of what was said?
I wasn't even looking at Actuarial- I was in Arts, and the people there were fantastic, ALOT more personable and knowledgeable than the Usyd and UNSW people (or so it seemed..!)

I think Macquarie has a 'vibe' to it. I really, really liked it. Really.

Bainesy

HSC
Yes I went to 2 hour one.

Summary:

Macq = best in the actuarial studies in oz if not the world
Actuaries = big money, top rated job in the world (top 1-2)
haha.

perhaps you should consider where you got this information from.

carlytse621

HSC
There are so many business cources......
and one girl there told me that you will only get partial professional recognised if you do 2 majors in B Commerce. It I want to study 2 majors with full accredited then I need to do a double degree......you serious????

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
and one girl there told me that you will only get partial professional recognised if you do 2 majors in B Commerce. It I want to study 2 majors with full accredited then I need to do a double degree......you serious????
I would only take advice from proper academic advisors tbh, not just some girl.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
cant you double major on a single degree?

carlytse621

HSC
Depends on the course and university... generally, yes.

I have a friend who is doing Software Engineering and will have a double major in his degree.
I want to do double major as well. But the thing is will both majors get fully accrdited? not partial as what the girl who has told me in MACQ.

I would only take advice from proper academic advisors tbh, not just some girl.
That girl is the one who is advicing people in the business info center. But i don't really believe of what she had said.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I want to do double major as well. But the thing is will both majors get fully accrdited? not partial as what the girl who has told me in MACQ.

That girl is the one who is advicing people in the business info center. But i don't really believe of what she had said.
I'm not sure if both will be fully accredited. I'm not sure, but why wouldn't they? You did the course!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)