Make notes as you go or not? (1 Viewer)

nerd_2b

HSC
good luck to both of you, we're not even half way yet.
im more worried about mastering the first 2 modules for my half-yearlies than moving on to do topic 3 notes (which i think some people have done...thats crazy!)

as for my topic 1 and 2 notes, i wrote them in the holidays...but i haven't revised in 6 weeks, so i cant remember what i wrote....but Im studying now :D

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
My friend and I had a study day just before the Ag HSC. We were going to have more people but stuff happened and it just ended up being the two of us. I actually found it really helpful ^^. It also breaks up the monotony, having a friend there. And we both ended up getting the same mark in the end =P.

I make notes as I go. I did that for term 4 and was amazed with the amount of extra time I had to revise and do practice questions. I like notes ^^.

mioumiou

HSC
My friend and I had a study day just before the Ag HSC. We were going to have more people but stuff happened and it just ended up being the two of us. I actually found it really helpful ^^. It also breaks up the monotony, having a friend there. And we both ended up getting the same mark in the end =P.

I make notes as I go. I did that for term 4 and was amazed with the amount of extra time I had to revise and do practice questions. I like notes ^^.
But what happen if NO ONE wants to get into a study group with you? You just study off by yourself then?

BTW, thanks for sharing that wonderful experience of yours. It's great to hear that You've got the same mark as your friend!! :)

For me, I make notes as i go through the course. That way, I can force myself tries do understand the whole concept by reading or re-read the paragraph and I make the notes in the way that I understand the most. (Just in my own words but sometimes, I copy bits and pieces of information from different textbooks, classnotes etc.)
It's really helpful.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
But what happen if NO ONE wants to get into a study group with you? You just study off by yourself then?

BTW, thanks for sharing that wonderful experience of yours. It's great to hear that You've got the same mark as your friend!! :)

For me, I make notes as i go through the course. That way, I can force myself tries do understand the whole concept by reading or re-read the paragraph and I make the notes in the way that I understand the most. (Just in my own words but sometimes, I copy bits and pieces of information from different textbooks, classnotes etc.)
It's really helpful.
Haha thanks, it was pretty cool getting the same mark :D
Yup, I study by myself. That study day with a friend was kinda a one-off thing. Mostly people at my school are too stingy to want to study/share their ideas with anyone else. I think what generally happens is, everyone's really uptight and study by themselves during the year, up until after the trials. After that, people start realising that once the internal ranks are set, it will only benefit the whole grade to work together.
I know studying by yourself can get boring, but it's not so bad. And if you have any questions, you can always ask your teachers. =)

mioumiou

HSC
Haha thanks, it was pretty cool getting the same mark :D
Yup, I study by myself. That study day with a friend was kinda a one-off thing. Mostly people at my school are too stingy to want to study/share their ideas with anyone else. I think what generally happens is, everyone's really uptight and study by themselves during the year, up until after the trials. After that, people start realising that once the internal ranks are set, it will only benefit the whole grade to work together.
I know studying by yourself can get boring, but it's not so bad. And if you have any questions, you can always ask your teachers. =)
Really?
Oh well, I might be able to find someone to study with me, but it'll be very hard, cuz one of my friend, she does not do every subjects that i do, only one.
and I think by asking the teachers is the most effective way, if people aren't willing to share. =(

It's good to know that someone has the same experience though. =(
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience again! :)

Milo496

HSC
I havent written any notes till about a week ago and now im goin crazy tryin to type em all up :uhoh: Man i wish i had started typin every week now......

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
I havent written any notes till about a week ago and now im goin crazy tryin to type em all up :uhoh: Man i wish i had started typin every week now......
i dont type up my notes. (yeah it takes HEAPS of time, writing those down in a book)

but what can i say .. ?
i love my handwriting more :)

Milo496

HSC
i dont type up my notes. (yeah it takes HEAPS of time, writing those down in a book)

but what can i say .. ?
My notes are everywhere on the page :uhoh:
I just seem to find it easier to study em if they're all organised.
But whichever way works for u the best, go with it :uhhuh:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know how you can't make notes as you go along with the course or even ahead of the class by learning the content and then making your own notes and editing them when you have the class on that dot point(s).

If you do them as you go, you will be able to revise a lot more as you visit them in practice questions and just browsing over them looking for something else.

imoO

HSC
Hell yes make notes as you go. Not even a question.

mioumiou

HSC

but what can i say .. ?
Same!!! I found myself concentrate more when I handwrite my notes. :)

I cannot concentrate if I type them (it can also help me to write fast!), and the distraction from the internet itself...... :(

1titanic

HSC
To be honest, I don't do any study notes because when I tried to attempt it, I find myself kind of repeating the ideas in my book... so what I usually do is look if all the information in my book is covered under the syllabus dotpoints, then once I know, I then study and keep referring to the syllabus and then at the end I'll test myself by looking at dotpoints and try to answer them without looking... well really it's what suits you the best :)

luvtads

HSC
For sciences i make notes in the holis before we start the new module and i keep making notes as we go as well. The problem with me is that i can make the notes but i never go over them. Like during exams and stuff i never look over the notes, i just do like past papers and dotpoint book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)