Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 shot down (1 Viewer)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Wtf and the taiwan thing today too...
Now I really don't wanna travel
i know this is weird but do u think something similar to 9/11 will happen again ? (I hope not) but i just want ur opinion wise atar estimation sovereign.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
i know this is weird but do u think something similar to 9/11 will happen again ? (I hope not) but i just want ur opinion wise atar estimation sovereign.
I estimate ATAR's, not tragic events.
But there's always a probability that something just as bad as 9/11 can happen, but not a similar type of attack. Physically hijacking planes and driving them into buildings, there's been a lot of security put into place for that.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
I estimate ATAR's, not tragic events.
But there's always a probability that something just as bad as 9/11 can happen, but not a similar type of attack. Physically hijacking planes and driving them into buildings, there's been a lot of security put into place for that.
The ways which flying changed since 9/11:
Airport Security: 9 Changes

Specific ID required; ID name must match name on ticket
Shoes must be removed at checkpoints
All baggage, carryon and checked, must be screened
No liquids (above 3.4 ounces) allowed through checkpoints
Special items must be pulled from luggage (laptops)
Jackets, outwear must be removed
Body scan machine screening
Enhanced pat-downs
No more non-ticketed visitors allowed at airline gates

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

Enhanced pat-downs
Yep

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Yet they let asylum seekers with fake passports on mh370
That's on Malaysian customs. Malaysian customs don't really give a shit when it's outbound but coming into Malaysia they check pretty strictly. I think those passengers were just waived through the transit lounge, doubt they exited from malaysia.

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
That's on Malaysian customs. Malaysian customs don't really give a shit when it's outbound but coming into Malaysia they check pretty strictly. I think those passengers were just waived through the transit lounge, doubt they exited from malaysia.
i went with malaysian last year, they weren't strict at all.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Lol every year I go to Malaysia and they never even check my bags at customs. Although, once I was at KLIA (flew in from Sydney) and there Was another flight from another country there and the security was so tight. Checked everyone's bags through the xray machine as if they were all drug traffickers or terrorists.
Idk how strict they are with passports at immigration though cos I just go through the auto gate since I have a Malaysian passport. My dad goes through the international passport holders and I think they're strict with that. Idk :L

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad

Enhanced pat-downs
Might as well pull your pants down and let them check your prostate as well...

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Lol every year I go to Malaysia and they never even check my bags at customs. Although, once I was at KLIA (flew in from Sydney) and there Was another flight from another country there and the security was so tight. Checked everyone's bags through the xray machine as if they were all drug traffickers or terrorists.
Idk how strict they are with passports at immigration though cos I just go through the auto gate since I have a Malaysian passport. My dad goes through the international passport holders and I think they're strict with that. Idk :L
Well hopefully you're not a dual national because malaysia doesn't allow dual nationality :p

Most countries don't have outbound customs check. Most of the time "if you can get through security previously, you should be coo."

When I was in the USA in 2010 they didn't have outbound customs either. Nor did Singapore in 2009. Australia is one of the STRICTEST places for customs check. Customs in a lot of places just only search for passengers incoming from "high risk" countries, so a flight from aus means its probably coo.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Might as well pull your pants down and let them check your prostate as well...
The beauty of terrorism — if you’re a terrorist — is that you can succeed even by failing. We perform this shoe routine thanks to a bumbling British national named Richard Reid, who, even though he couldn’t ignite his shoe bomb, exacted a huge price. Let’s say it takes an average of one minute to remove and replace your shoes in the airport security line. In the United States alone, this procedure happens roughly 560 million times per year. Five hundred and sixty million minutes equals more than 1,065 years — which, divided by 77.8 years (the average U.S. life expectancy at birth), yields a total of nearly 14 person lives. So even though Richard Reid failed to kill a single person, he levied a tax that is the time equivalent of 14 lives per year.
http://freakonomics.com/books/superfreakonomics/chapter-excerpts/chapter-2/

rawrliongirl

HSC
Well hopefully you're not a dual national because malaysia doesn't allow dual nationality :p

Most countries don't have outbound customs check. Most of the time "if you can get through security previously, you should be coo."

When I was in the USA in 2010 they didn't have outbound customs either. Nor did Singapore in 2009. Australia is one of the STRICTEST places for customs check. Customs in a lot of places just only search for passengers incoming from "high risk" countries, so a flight from aus means its probably coo.
I'm well aware that Malaysia does not allow dual nationality, but I have one anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)