Marriage + Uni (1 Viewer)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering, if people in uni were 100 percent sure that they had found the right person for them, would they consider getting married during or after uni straightaway? Or something like 4 years after graduating?
I always used to think that 3 or 4 years after uni is the best time to deal with that kind of stuff, but since my relationship, i've been having second thoughts.
Do you think that marriage will get in the way of education? Even if you don't have kids etc?

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
sparkl3z said:
I was just wondering, if people in uni were 100 percent sure that they had found the right person for them, would they consider getting married during or after uni straightaway? Or something like 4 years after graduating?
I always used to think that 3 or 4 years after uni is the best time to deal with that kind of stuff, but since my relationship, i've been having second thoughts.
Do you think that marriage will get in the way of education? Even if you don't have kids etc?
Yes. Being married at uni is a bad idea in my opinion, even if you think you know exactly what you want now.

Uni is a time to go out with friends, have fun etc. It's for many the last opportunity they have while they're still young (ie. Pre-retirement) to be without responsibility to another person.

I'd say that after you finish uni, and have an income, then is an approriate time to get married, and not before. If you're at uni and you're married, what are you going to do when all your friends are going to parties - hang with your partner...

Personally I don't see why you'd want to get married until you can live dependent only on each other. Most people at uni have some form of assistance, from parents or from the government ~ don't know why you'd want that.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
why jump in all at once

you "forever" people

medium pace steps people!!!

move out with them first.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
There are always exceptions.

I would feel more comfortable marrying after Uni than during. Less responsibilities that way, gives you more time to concentrate on studying than starting a family. Families can wait. A steady income comes first.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
marriage during uni is like opening a toolkit and taking out a spanner instead of a screwdriver.

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
There are always exceptions.

I would feel more comfortable marrying after Uni than during. Less responsibilities that way, gives you more time to concentrate on studying than starting a family. Families can wait. A steady income comes first.
Psh dreamerish, you sound like my dad :p

Uni doesn't exactly give you a huge amount of responsibility, i'd say trying to keep a job and gain a promotion (most people dont graduate into 50K salaries) would be a bigger responsibility.
As for the studying that's done at uni... errr... yeah... study... :rolleyes: i don't think so.

Anyway, i only have one thing to say about when people should get married: Not before 18, and not after 30.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
What is the difference between:

a) In a relationship and at University; and

b) Being married and at University

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
bscienceboi said:
What is the difference between:

a) In a relationship and at University; and

b) Being married and at University
One - Relationship ends, no big deal.
Marriage ends, big deal.

I'd agree with moving in with each other before you get married, but not everyone believes in sex-before-marriage. Not only would those people not want to move in together before they get married, they'd probably want to get married sooner...;)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
For me it's not so much about uni but more about my age. I'll be 22 when I finish uni which is way too young to get married. For me at least.

And I am not going to be getting married before I can get a place with whoever it is I intend to marry. Which is not going to happen by the time I finish uni and probably not for a couple years after that.

And most importantly I don't want to be tied to someone like that when I am still young.

Even if I met the girl I wanted to marry tomorrow it wouldn't be happening until I was at least 25. If it was completely up to me it would be more like 28.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Baiku said:
One - Relationship ends, no big deal.
Marriage ends, big deal.
Exactly. And with the uncertainty of which pathway to proceed, why be in the rush to get married? Which ultimately allows you more time to decide whether it is even suitable.

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
I have a situations with one of my friend shes 2nd yr uni sudent who has been seeing this guy, the worst thing is its been gossiped around by family friends so the parents of the girl knew from a friend, they wanted to arrange a marraige. You make think its common but im talkin bout a religious group which prohibits such doings.
Do u guys think love takes over what is ethically right like the guy dropped out of yr 10 is now a warehouse clerk buys a 30 grand car every year and has no intentions on planning his future as a husband

I just find it heartbreaking how a man who is financially dependent from his mother has no sense of the future wants to mary a girl which is still studying, all because of LOVE

whats ur opinion since ima friend it will be too fragile to talk it over with her and dont wanna break the firendship

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
my sister met her husband at university
they were both first year students(she was 19 he was 18)
he was the presidant of the islamic association
and she was the vice presidant
they met ,fell in love, and got married at the beginning of second year
they moved in together..went to uni together..worked part time and got on with their lives
they are bothe still studying and working and have been happily married for 1 year and a half now
i thought it was great

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
wow..i was just having an msn convo with someone about this the other day....i forgot who i was talking to though...hehe

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
zahid said:
wow..i was just having an msn convo with someone about this the other day....i forgot who i was talking to though...hehe
r u kiding or being serious?
coz if ur joking then lol
if u seriously forgot..then im insulted:(

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
soha said:
my sister met her husband at university
they were both first year students(she was 19 he was 18)
they met ,fell in love, and got married at the beginning of second year

They havent been together for more than a year and they got married?

Unwise no matter the outcome.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
bscienceboi said:
They havent been together for more than a year and they got married?

Unwise no matter the outcome.
wtf wtf
who are u to assume that its unwise?
they were engaged 6 months
and they are doing fine
they are both happy and such a cute couple

its like a b/f g/f relationship
pretend they have been dating 6 months and decide to move intogether
is that unwise?.....their marriage is beautiful

Götterfunken

HSC
Congratulation on your committee-appointment. Today a committee, tomorrow another committee--by Friday bureaucracy will be you!

Unless you’re going the Stalin route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)