HSC
N/A
soha said:
um marriage is not some HUGE thing
like its just a relationship with someone binded by a contract
like...its no different to a b/f ...u just live together
and its not different to a defacto relationship
how someone cannot study and live with their partner is beyond me
If it's not a huge thing then why save yourself for it?

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
I think you need to be ready mentally, emotionally and fincancially for marriage.

Now most people, after being with their partner for a number of years, are ready emotionally.

To be mentally ready, I'd need to have 'grown up' and not be dependent on my parents. I'd probably be mentally ready before I was fincancially ready anyway - so it doesn't really matter.

Lastly, to be financially ready for marriage, we'd both need enough money to live together comfortably.

santaslayer

HSC
Besides being "binded by a contract" in terms of marriage...

I think it's more of an acknowledgement that ur relationship has gone to a new/higher level....yeah..?

fuck the legal mumbo jumbo.

dark_angel2611

What happened to the whole i love you and i want to be with you forever...you cant plan this thing guys! Its not like you sit down with your diary and slot it in in february sometime. Isnt it just supposed to happened?
I think marriage is a little outdated..Look at the divorce rate. i know i sound cynical but does it still mean the same thing? why not just have a commitment ceremony?
But in saying that can any of us comment what it would be like? i'm not married but yet here i am commenting on it like i know what it's all about. Also according to some crap magazine like womans day, you get a bit more unhappy as the years role on.I look at my parents and ask why on earth did you do it? Maybe if my parents appeared to be still madly in love i would feel differently.

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
http://www.aifs.gov.au/institute/pubs/WP20.html#social

This website has some good stuff on the reasons for the increase in divorce and defacto relationships.

So marriage is different for everyone right. For some it's merely a piece of legality and for others (such as myself) its a romantic gesture in which you're bound to one person for the rest of your life. Different people have different priorities in life - but I know my highest priority will always be my partner :D.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Seriously guys I'm living with my bf now and not at uni yet; but it is on the cards for 2007 and for me if he wants to get married while I'm at uni I'm all for it I dont really see that much of a difference...

olchik

HSC
I think that you love each other and you know that this is the one and the right person for you, than why not? I would totally do that even in uni :)

olchik

HSC
If you love each other and you are sure that this is the one person you need, then, why not? I would do that even being at uni!

olchik

HSC
If you love each other and you are sure that this is the one person you need, then, why not? I would do that even being at uni!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I decided to propose to my girlfriend during 3rd year of uni and she accepted. We'd been living together for 3 years at the time and I didn't have any doubts that this was the girl I was going to be spending the rest of our lives with.

I don't understand how people say that it's either fun or a relationship, because I had an abundant amount of both.. If I wanted to go out on a particular night with my friends, or her with hers, then we just would, there was no reason not too. But I'd always love spending it at home with her as well.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
if you're sure that you're in the relationship that you want to be in for the rest of your life, then you should feel secure enough to marry when it's best. There is a lot of merit in not getting married while you're still doing your first degree at uni etc, and what's the difference if you get married now or later or at all? (i'd personally only get married after looking at family allowances, tax deductions etc and after i've planned the right wedding haha)

Kaiser Zero

Banned
HSC
olchik said:
Clarify....

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Girl in my sisters year doing medicine at UNSW got married half way through her degree to another guy in the same course. They took a year off from uni half way through their degree. Its amazing - she came back to win the University medal!

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I rekon if i meet the right girl during uni...then i'll propose, and get married.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)