Masks to be compulsory during HSC exams (1 Viewer)

notme123

HSC
i wonder if some class is making plans to fake cough to get out of the exam
next theyre gonna ask us to stop breathing to do the exam
all the meat heads at my school fake cough during normal exams i really hope they do it this time because it would be funny to see half the hall empty for english

uniqueusername1

HSC
all the meat heads at my school fake cough during normal exams i really hope they do it this time because it would be funny to see half the hall empty for english
I need to stay in the exam at all costs. I cannot afford a moderation with the calibre of students in my school.

The good thing is they can't directly see who coughed thanks to the masks. Unless you cough like an idiot.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Reminds me of my IPT trials lol. Every kid went to the toilet to look at the answers one by one. It was so obvious and funny lol. But, they would all come back real quick as there was no reception. Once kid went in three times lol.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
so if we do cough and stuff do we not get to do the exam at all?
like will it be moderated
I imagine they would be relatively considerate if this were to occur to a certain extent, especially since a person may cough even when they are perfectly healthy. However, your Examination Mark will not be adjusted in the event where you are unable to complete your exam without a valid justification (such as an illness/misadventure form which NESA has to uphold). Getting kicked out of the examination room will most likely translate into a 0 as your Examination Mark, unless you have completed part (or all) of your exam and they allow for the paper to be handed in (although I'm not entirely sure whether this is a possible outcome).

uniqueusername1

HSC
Getting kicked out of the examination room will most likely translate into a 0 as your Examination Mark, unless you have completed part (or all) of your exam and they allow for the paper to be handed in (although I'm not entirely sure whether this is a possible outcome).
A zero :(

Thats even worse. The stakes are higher now.

laterz laterz

HSC
I imagine they would be relatively considerate if this were to occur to a certain extent, especially since a person may cough even when they are perfectly healthy. However, your Examination Mark will not be adjusted in the event where you are unable to complete your exam without a valid justification (such as an illness/misadventure form which NESA has to uphold). Getting kicked out of the examination room will most likely translate into a 0 as your Examination Mark, unless you have completed part (or all) of your exam and they allow for the paper to be handed in (although I'm not entirely sure whether this is a possible outcome).
no they won't give out a 0. like no there's no way they do that.

notme123

HSC
but how is it my fault if i get kicked out of the room 😭 😭
This is legitimately so unfair
i think they will be reasonable. they cant be unjust. if so just complain to channel 7 or smh or something they'll love such a story of injustice that will enthrall the reader with feelings of anguish and frustration

specificagent1

HSC
got told by my school that even if you have a runny nose you're not going to the exams. Apparently it's doctors, covid test and then nesa misadventure form

uniqueusername1

HSC
i think they will be reasonable. they cant be unjust. if so just complain to channel 7 or smh or something they'll love such a story of injustice that will enthrall the reader with feelings of anguish and frustration
no our head said they'll take covid procedures strictly and will show no lenience. As we have opportunities to state we have hay fever or something before hand or stay home. But coughing can occur randomly.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
NESA states the following:

"You must follow the day-to-day rules of the school or institution where you sit for your exams. If you do not follow these conduct rules, you may get zero marks for the exam or no result for the course. If this reduces your completed courses to less than 10 units, you may no longer be eligible for the HSC."

In the case of the 2021 HSC, the rules now obviously extend to include those covering COVID-19. However, I think that getting in that much trouble just because a student coughs is an extreme outcome and NESA will most likely be considerate (to a certain extent) of instances where coughing may not be associated with COVID-19, just mere harmless coughing.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Its ok guys. If we get a zero. We can tell our asian relatives TAFE is a very prestigious institution and only 1% get admitted.

We can tell them it stands for:

T - The

A - Academy

F - For

E - Excellence

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)