MATH1131 Test @ Racecourse but where exactly? (1 Viewer)

klavier

HSC
Question 2 killed me , forgot d log x and cant get the maple matrix correct.

Does anyone know whether they mark leniently or not ? Because I got most other correct and even the
questions that I did wrong I gave at least 1-2 correct steps.

I hate how they have no marking scheme at all so it is impossible to know how many marks a sub-question is.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It's uni maths, they care more about the thinking process behind the answer, not the answer itself. I'm sure you'll get some marks.

Web Addict

HSC
Question 2 killed me , forgot d log x and cant get the maple matrix correct.

Does anyone know whether they mark leniently or not ? Because I got most other correct and even the
questions that I did wrong I gave at least 1-2 correct steps.

I hate how they have no marking scheme at all so it is impossible to know how many marks a sub-question is.
That MAPLE question was annoying. I spent over 10 minutes just staring at that question, and then I decided not to use the MAPLE crap they gave, so I just found the inverse by reducing the matrix to reduced row echelon form. On the train home, I figured out that question was so easy. All you had to do was multiply the last MAPLE entry by the inverse and the answer comes out.

Last edited:

lolwot

HSC
i went full retard in this exam... when doing the cross product and determinant i added instead of subtracting the products. i realised it was the other way round with like 30 mins to go but for some reason i never went back to fix it. mercy marks pls D:

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
That MAPLE question was annoying. I spent over 10 minutes just staring at that question, and then I decided not to use the MAPLE crap they gave, so I just found the inverse by reducing the matrix to reduced row echelon form. On the train home, I figured out that question was so easy. All you had to do was multiply the last MAPLE entry by the inverse and the answer comes out.
Which is why you should've learned to use maple during semester so you know what they give you, and how to use it. That was the point of all those Maple tests.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
I got like 2 hours sleep before math1131, wasn't really nervous about it, think I did pretty well but would've done alot better if I get some proper rest, gg body.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
For MATH1141, did anyone actually attempt the part of Question 4 which asks about the norm of matrix?
I expanded the first part then practically ran out of time and just rapped up when trying to do the second part.

I made a mistake in it though so while I was thinking about second part I had to somehow redo first part.

Though my reasoning in one step was really weak (it was the main reasoning behind the proof).

Which is why you should've learned to use maple during semester so you know what they give you, and how to use it. That was the point of all those Maple tests.
Actually that question did not have much to do with maple.

It just had to do with intuition with working with the basic laws of matrices.

yasminee96

HSC
If you did the past papers properly, you would've defs got it. For almost every single maple matrix all you had to do was multiply the last one by the inverse lel.

integral95

HSC
hehe 1141 i wonder in Q3 v, who forgot the open circle at x=0 :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)