Maths Extension 2 Trial Exam thoughts- 2008 (1 Viewer)

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
lyounamu said:
You don't need to be do physics to do well in MX2, do you?
No, but it definately helps. A lot of stuff you learn in physics that's in the course, particularly in the mechanics topic, is taken for granted.

vds700

HSC
lyounamu said:
You don't need to be do physics to do well in MX2, do you?
No not really but it does help as the above post said, as u do circular motion in yr11 physics. Also stuff like adding vectors, which they dont teach in MX2, rather they assume u know it.... But yeah u should be OK, u just might need to do a bit of extra work in mechanics and complex numbers to learn these sort of concepts.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
vds700 said:
No not really but it does help as the above post said, as u do circular motion in yr11 physics. Also stuff like adding vectors, which they dont teach in MX2, rather they assume u know it.... But yeah u should be OK, u just might need to do a bit of extra work in mechanics and complex numbers to learn these sort of concepts.
Ah, damn it...

Thanks for info.

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
lool im sitting a watered down CSSA paper... we havent done harder 3unit yet...
only 7 questions for 3 hours

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
we havent done harder 3 unit yet either but i think its still going to be in our trial but we will do more work on it after wards. our teacher said that the end of mechanics will not be tested though because we won't quite have covered it

vds700

HSC
Sandchairs said:
lool im sitting a watered down CSSA paper... we havent done harder 3unit yet...
only 7 questions for 3 hours
aww you're lucky! My teacher is taking some parts out (for areas we haven't covered) and adding a 9th question from other papers to replace those taken out.

nick90

HSC
Apparently the cssa trial this year is a bit easier because it's not set by denise & graham this time

miche11e

HSC
i dont think so - my teacher was saying that 60 % is a good mark and after he found out that the writer changed he said 40 %...

weve got everything - we rushed harder 3u and mechanics BIG TIME and i cant remember some of the conics stuff, but i think im ok... its on in 2 days... 1 day left to study... but the next day i have physics and software which i havent really had time to study for... *hypervenilates*

im sweet for 3 unit tho - now its a breeze since i started 4u

vds700

HSC
miche11e said:
i dont think so - my teacher was saying that 60 % is a good mark and after he found out that the writer changed he said 40 %...

weve got everything - we rushed harder 3u and mechanics BIG TIME and i cant remember some of the conics stuff, but i think im ok... its on in 2 days... 1 day left to study... but the next day i have physics and software which i havent really had time to study for... *hypervenilates*

im sweet for 3 unit tho - now its a breeze since i started 4u
Thats funny, my teacher did the paper and she said it wasn't bad, apart from 1 question.. Ah well I guess we're all in the same boat (those doing CSSA), so it doesn't matter how hard or easy it is really.

Yeah me too, i find 3 unit easy as.

miche11e

HSC
oh man! i hate it when q1 is hard - it puts me off even as soon as i start reading.... maybe i should read the others first lol...

i think its strange how the trial structure is diff to the HSC - you'd think theyd make it the same to get us ready. idk

natblank

HSC
im also doin the CSSA paper.. kinda freeked about it, considering they're so hard!!
i worked out hypothetically were only supposed to spend 1.5 mins/mark... NO WONDER I HAVE NOT CHANCE IN HELL OF FINISHING THIS PAPER!!
haha i've been doing a whole lot of past CSSA papers, if only we had like 5 hours to do it in... i might actually do well!

conics2008

HSC
is everybody doing CSSA paper... hey guys Im currently doing CSSA paper for 3unit and till now I havnt made a mistake or got one wrong.. im currently on 4 .. xD

can some one link me to some cssa paper for ext 2 ..

shaon0

HSC
nick90 said:
Apparently the cssa trial this year is a bit easier because it's not set by denise & graham this time
Denise and Graham Arnold? lol that means my school's 4unit teacher co-authors the CSSA paper...
btw, does anyone know when the are taking out conics in 4unit maths and putting in Modelling of functions and derivatives?

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
shaon0 said:
Denise and Graham Arnold? lol that means my school's 4unit teacher co-authors the CSSA paper...
btw, does anyone know when the are taking out conics in 4unit maths and putting in Modelling of functions and derivatives?
They also wrote the cambridge 4u text book.

What school do you go to?

Last edited:

Poad

HSC
I believe they teach at Patrician Brothers Blacktown and Terra Sancta (not too sure about that second one though)

shaon0

HSC
midifile said:
They also wrote the cambridge 4u text book.

What school do you go to?
Patrician Brother's Blacktown. Yeah, I know they wrote the 4unit Cambridge and Mrs. Arnold is a really good teacher i had her last year for Maths but she sometimes gave surprise quizzes which was bad since i didn't revise at all :(

Tincho

Tincho
HSC
nick90 said:

i heard it was going to be more like an actual HSC, as in Q1 is integration. i hope it is! easy start :D

cheney31

HSC
conics2008 said:
hey buddy, where did you get that paper from.

could you give me a link so I can see what im facing.

Thanks
lol sorry. i think its too late ..but anyway. here it is.

shaon0

HSC
Does anyone know when they are changing the 4unit syllabus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)