Matthew Reilly books (1 Viewer)

Cam O

HSC
I'm loving those books. I read his last one Six Sacred Stones so fast, and now I find out a couple of weeks ago the finale "The Five..." won't be released until Christmas 2009.

Any people love his books too?

What do you reckon will happen in the next book...

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I'm a big fan of Matthew Reilly's earlier book, but to be honest the last two were a little disappointing (and the idea that the next book will be a continuation doesn't really excite me much). I'm not into the focus of randomly collecting items and doing random things to 'charge' them up, it feels to generic. I loved Contest, Temple and the the books that featured that Shoemann guy and hope Reilly goes back on track with those kind of books.

Last edited:

bawd

HSC
I've read Hell Island and Seven Ancient Wonders. Don't like or dislike his books, but would rather read from another author.

HSC
They're saved by the writing style; although the plot devices and characters are a bit tired it's fun to read. I think Hovercar Racer is the fastest paced book I've ever read.

msiatlsc

HSC
i LOVE his books especially the shoeman something guy series, it was a suprise tat rielly let grant died, i really like her...the new series wit tat archelogy guy is good but i hope he goes back wit hover craft racer or the guy frm 'Temple'..

cait33

Doctor's Companion
HSC
hehe, i was reluctant to read these books (i have only read 7 ancient wonders and 6 sacred stones oh and the book that came free with books alive... hells island?)
my dad really liked them and thats usually a death knell to any book, but i read hells island because i was desperate for a book at the airport
they were quite good easy reads, better have a few hours handy cos they are hard to put down with action scene after action scene

Sharkeh

HSC
Love Matt. R's books

Can't wait for the next book in the Six Sacred Stones series.

Was also a fan of Hell Island, thinking of reading some of the other Scarecrow books

Arkie

HSC
I also love mathew Rielys books
love Ice station. i reckon they should make movies out of them

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Arkie said:
I also love mathew Rielys books
love Ice station. i reckon they should make movies out of them
there was a plan to make an Ice Station movie, but then all this legal mumbo jumbo got caught up because the original company to mke Ice Station dropped the project, but still have legal rights over it or something.

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yer i was thinking they would make sick movies wen i read them, escpecisally ice station or contest

poWerdrY

HSC
used to be a huge fan of reilly's, but these new books of his have made slip away from him. ice station was awesome as was area 7 (i think thats the name) and scarecrow. but his books started to get way to farfetched. too fantasy like with all the magic and crap, although, i could swallow contest. seven ancient wonders was complete shit and six sacred stones was toilet paper worthy. however, hovercar racer is awesome. temple is good also.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
I have only read Seven Ancient Wonders and Contest. Contest was a bit weird. I havent read Six Scared Stones. Its on the to do list behind 50 other things

walkahz

HSC
The Scarecrow books and hovercar racer are brilliant but the new ones are pretty gay.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey guys. I am thinking of reading some books from Matthew Reilly but I am not sure what to read. Any recommendation? Thanks.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Ice Station, Area 7, Scarecrow, Temple, Contest, Hell Island, Hover Car Racer. In that order.

NOTE: Refrain from reading his latest two novels. Appalling :mad1:

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
What has everyone got against 7 ancient wonders and 6 sacred stones, they're actually really good reads as long as your patient...

Have read them all and love them all, all differently though, contest is probably my least favourite with my fave being a tie with 6 scared stones, hover car racer and area 7...

Its good to see there is at least one international blockbuster author who is an aussie!

(also there is a MR fan forum, www.thepresidian.net worth a look for fans)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Mark576 said:
Ice Station, Area 7, Scarecrow, Temple, Contest, Hell Island, Hover Car Racer. In that order.

NOTE: Refrain from reading his latest two novels. Appalling :mad1:
Thanks!

By the way, are you referring to Seven Gemstones or whatever as in his latest two novels? I heard that it's good.

Sharkeh

HSC
I don't think you can say not to read his latest two

It's your personal opinion. Others (myself included, I won't lie - I am biased) find them to be great reads

So, namu, go to your local library. Find one of them, read the first chapter or so. If it appeals, hire it out. If not, well, your not out of pocket

HSC
Can't put Matthew Reilly books down.

So frustrated at the end of 6 sacred stones...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)