Medicine 😎 (1 Viewer)

Time&moretime

HSC
So can I ask whether I really have a chance? Does UNSW really accept people with such a low ucat? I feel like I have an interview, but there's no real point
Look, its difficult at this point to answer your question. Due to Covid-19, interviews as you would already know is done online. Some have been shorten & others have certain assessments cut-out altogether.

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
Okay thank you, but definitely not expecting to get in
Hey keep your head up, if you’ve got an interview this early on it means you’re likely in the top echelon of rural students, who as far as I know compete separately to non-rural for places. You have a good shot!

Tantrrsh

HSC
Remember, UNSW uses UCAT+ATAR+Interview to make their offers for med. Even though your UCAT might make you less competitive, your ATAR and/or interview can greatly increase your chances of getting an offer.
Okay thank you

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
What’s the atar and selection rank for med at unsw and usyd?
In order to be competitive for UNSW med you would usually need AT LEAST a 99 ATAR for non-rural. Admission requirements vary if you are a rural or international student.
Not too sure about USYD

Speed’o’sound Sonic

HSC
AT LEAST? what about if you get like 98.8 or smthing but your ucat is high like more than 95 percentile
I know, I was surprised too to find that the LOWEST non rural was 99.2 last year! Like what!
maybe due to COVID it may be marginally lower (98.8 might cut it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)