MetalHeads Are Intelligent! (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Legham said:
Nahh, just shows that metal sub-genres are too controversial.. They should just be used as a guideline for someone to explain a band, they shouldn't be taken as factual.. After all, there is no strict guidelines as to which bands fit in which sub-genres. And if there was, who would decide it in the first place?
You're right. Iron Maiden are clearly East Coast Hip Hop.

iwannarock

HSC
Legham said:
Holy fudge! That was the coolest freekin vid ever :eek: Especially the drummer.
you need to watch rage at like 2-3am on a friday night.

all these sorta bands are on there.

even korpiklaani.

happy little happy little happy little boooooooozer

edit: like last friday.

3:30am Subterfuge - DAATH Roadrunner
The Power - GRIMFIST Modern Invasion
Invocation - IHSAHN Modern Invasion
From Here I Can See The Shore - DEAD MAN IN RENO Modern Invasion
Sculptor Of Flesh - 1349 Modern Invasion
4:00am Hunter - STONEGUARD Independent
Resurrection - CHIMAIRA Riot
The Blister Exists - SLIPKNOT Roadrunner
We Gonna Die Out Here - BIG LOW Shock
Play A Part - EXPATRIATE Universal

they always have little blocks like that. hahaha slipknot........awful. youtube those songs and see what they're like. im just guessing those are the metal vids.

Last edited:

Legham

HSC
iwannarock said:
you need to watch rage at like 2-3am on a friday night.

all these sorta bands are on there.

even korpiklaani.

happy little happy little happy little boooooooozer

edit: like last friday.

3:30am Subterfuge - DAATH Roadrunner
The Power - GRIMFIST Modern Invasion
Invocation - IHSAHN Modern Invasion
From Here I Can See The Shore - DEAD MAN IN RENO Modern Invasion
Sculptor Of Flesh - 1349 Modern Invasion
4:00am Hunter - STONEGUARD Independent
Resurrection - CHIMAIRA Riot
The Blister Exists - SLIPKNOT Roadrunner
We Gonna Die Out Here - BIG LOW Shock
Play A Part - EXPATRIATE Universal

they always have little blocks like that. hahaha slipknot........awful. youtube those songs and see what they're like. im just guessing those are the metal vids.
I used to watch the late night rage bit all the time, but my tv in my room isn't working at the moment :(

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
the hell? limp bizkit counts as metal? i always thought it was some sort of wierd punk/rap/rock transfusion.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
AsyLum said:
Keep posting, its beautiful just how this sense of 'pluralist' thought thrives inplace of any sense of actual logic.

An opinion can be very wrong, just because someone holds an opinion doesn't mean its logically or structurally sound and can therefore be attacked as being fallacious and *gasp* wrong.

Lets take this argument as an example.

The line of thought that 'old school' metal isn't classified as metal. The reason given thus far have included "because they're too soft" to paraphrase, or "they don't use Drop C tuning and growl like they're having erectile AND bowel problems while munching on the remains of a koala while being jack hammered by Elton John (happy birthday mate)."

Yep, thats right, Iron Maiden, you guys need to get into drop tuning to qualify as metal.

Idiot.
I laughed when I read that. Not only because it's funny (kudos to you), but because you're making this assumption that I think metal needs to invlove Dropped tunings, double bass and screamed vocals (one way or another).

Now let's see what I have actually said so far in this thread:

"Iron Maiden are Power Metal." - Yes, this is my opinion. Please note the use of the word Metal in this sentence. Please note that I have, do and always will consider Iron Maiden metal.

"...to say that Iron Maiden is not metal is half right." - In a sense, yes. Compared to some of the heavier stuff that is on the scene nowadays, it might be correct to not classify Maiden as metal, just because they don't sound as heavy. But Maiden were and are regarded as Metal (whatever subgenre you want to call it) because they were originally regarded as a metal band.

Your arguments seem to be based upon words that you, yourself, have put in my mouth. Really great way to go about it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bringbackshred said:
I laughed when I read that. Not only because it's funny (kudos to you), but because you're making this assumption that I think metal needs to invlove Dropped tunings, double bass and screamed vocals (one way or another).

Now let's see what I have actually said so far in this thread:

"Iron Maiden are Power Metal." - Yes, this is my opinion. Please note the use of the word Metal in this sentence. Please note that I have, do and always will consider Iron Maiden metal.

"...to say that Iron Maiden is not metal is half right." - In a sense, yes. Compared to some of the heavier stuff that is on the scene nowadays, it might be correct to not classify Maiden as metal, just because they don't sound as heavy. But Maiden were and are regarded as Metal (whatever subgenre you want to call it) because they were originally regarded as a metal band.

Your arguments seem to be based upon words that you, yourself, have put in my mouth. Really great way to go about it.
Rofl, you don't see the inconsistency in your words?

Statement 1: Iron Maiden is not metal is half right.
Statement 2: Iron Maiden are Power Metal.
Statement 3: "you're making this assumption that I think metal needs to invlove Dropped tunings, double bass and screamed vocals (one way or another)."
Statement 4: "it might be correct to not classify Maiden as metal, just because they don't sound as heavy."

As you can see, statement 1 and statement 2 seem to be at odds because of statement 4, thereby making statement 3 a correct assumption.

So praytell, what does this 'heavy sound' entail which makes them unconsiderable as a metal band? You cannot call someone undeniably a metal band, then have a premise whereby they aren't.

If by your words, its because they aren't heavy enough, then is this 'heaviness' what you entail as being of 'metal'? Thereby making Statement 3 a correct assumption ? Or are they metal, thereby making Statement 1 incorrect? Please enlighten us.

DEMONIC-CHRIST

HSC
As a ' Band Promoter ' for all genres of metal, I for one think ' Iron Maiden ' are purely soft metal.

If you want REAL metal listen to ' Full Metal Racket ' on 'TRIPLE J' from
10pm -1 am http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/racket/

" Originally Posted by lessthanthree

this thread shows that 'metal' fans are probably the stupidest people you'll ever meet. "

I WOULD HOPE YOU WOULD BE EVER SO KIND ENOUGH TO REMOVE THAT COMMENT FROM THIS FORUM PLEASE !

So...Where would metal be, if we are stupid ??? If metal fans are the " Stupidest people you'll ever meet " how come it is one of the biggest populated music charts on earth ? And also, I would like to thank ;

Managers
Marketing directors
Promoters
Photographers
Publishers
Radio / TV presenters
Magazine creaters
Crew
Roadies
Lastly the TALENTED people who put there name out and make a living !
Obviously, if metal heads are making money...We can't be that stupid !

Cheers :santa:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
YET

(ignoring what you guys are talking about now)

Why do people claim that in an experiment, a plant thrives and blooms flowers listening to classical music, and withers and dies listening to metal?

Or is that some stupid myth.
this is all i could find on it, it seems sound does have an effect, but its hard to tie it down to something like classical music. I doubt metal makes plants die.

Magicana

HSC
DEMONIC-CHRIST said:
As a ' Band Promoter ' for all genres of metal, I for one think ' Iron Maiden ' are purely soft metal.

this thread shows that 'metal' fans are probably the stupidest people you'll ever meet. "

I WOULD HOPE YOU WOULD BE EVER SO KIND ENOUGH TO REMOVE THAT COMMENT FROM THIS FORUM PLEASE !

So...Where would metal be, if we are stupid ??? If metal fans are the " Stupidest people you'll ever meet " how come it is one of the biggest populated music charts on earth ? And also, I would like to thank ;

Managers
Marketing directors
Promoters
Photographers
Publishers
Radio / TV presenters
Magazine creaters
Crew
Roadies

As a bullshit artist on many forums, I for one think that you are a tool.

iwannarock

HSC
Serius said:
the hell? limp bizkit counts as metal? i always thought it was some sort of wierd punk/rap/rock transfusion.
they were like the epitome of nu-metal yo.

G

Gavvvvvin

DEMONIC-CHRIST said:

Managers
Marketing directors
Promoters
Photographers
Publishers
Radio / TV presenters
Magazine creaters
Crew
Roadies

Band promoter? Judging purely by your pic, I'm guessing what you meant to say was posting shit bulletins on Myspace about bands no one cares about?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
AsyLum said:
Rofl, you don't see the inconsistency in your words?

Statement 1: Iron Maiden is not metal is half right.
Statement 2: Iron Maiden are Power Metal.
Statement 3: "you're making this assumption that I think metal needs to invlove Dropped tunings, double bass and screamed vocals (one way or another)."
Statement 4: "it might be correct to not classify Maiden as metal, just because they don't sound as heavy."

As you can see, statement 1 and statement 2 seem to be at odds because of statement 4, thereby making statement 3 a correct assumption.

So praytell, what does this 'heavy sound' entail which makes them unconsiderable as a metal band? You cannot call someone undeniably a metal band, then have a premise whereby they aren't.

If by your words, its because they aren't heavy enough, then is this 'heaviness' what you entail as being of 'metal'? Thereby making Statement 3 a correct assumption ? Or are they metal, thereby making Statement 1 incorrect? Please enlighten us.
I explained myself in the post that you quoted. See, you are really trying to manipulate what i'm saying into a completely different meaning. I'll spell out exactly what I think for you:

1. Iron Maiden are power metal. (My opinion, not necessarily yours)

2. I do not believe that metal needs to invlove Dropped tunings, double bass and screamed vocals (one way or another).

3. I never said that Maiden is not metal. I said it's possible that people may perceive them to be not metal, but I myself do think that they are metal.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
bringbackshred said:
I explained myself in the post that you quoted. See, you are really trying to manipulate what i'm saying into a completely different meaning. I'll spell out exactly what I think for you:

1. Iron Maiden are power metal. (My opinion, not necessarily yours)

2. I do not believe that metal needs to invlove Dropped tunings, double bass and screamed vocals (one way or another).

3. I never said that Maiden is not metal. I said it's possible that people may perceive them to be not metal, but I myself do think that they are metal.
Let it go, take your pwning like a man

circusmind

HSC
DEMONIC-CHRIST said:
So...Where would metal be, if we are stupid ??? If metal fans are the " Stupidest people you'll ever meet " how come it is one of the biggest populated music charts on earth ?

This is just sublime. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)