• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Metallica Fans (1 Viewer)

wanton-wonton

HSC
Sphyx said:
Haha, anyone remember at the concert the entire crowd booed when Hetfeld said that he was going to play some St Anger stuff? funny, cos he had to explain himself to even perform those songs.
Which concert are you talking about.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
wonton wonton, you make other metallica fans look stupid with your fanboy antics. plz shut up

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
metalica is alright even though i usually listen to rnb or dance music. but wearing a metalica shirt is just not cool.

HSC
N/A
Heh, I used to really hate the entire St. Anger album so much.
It was way too long and ... somewhat frustrating to listen to.

But after seeing "Some kind of monster" and looking at how much shit they went through to make the album it seems like I almost have to like it.

and what do you know. I like it now.

*hides*

Master Of Puppets/Ride The Lightning/Black Album/And Justice For All are still better though.

cows_go_moo

Throbbing Member
HSC
Fuck yeah 'Tallica ARE the BEST band in the world!

I was so disapointed when the concert tiks sold out in like 10mins and i missed out but BDO gave me reason to live.

I got right to the front-centre of the stage during black eyed peas and stayed there agaisnt the barrier for like 6-7hrs till metallica came out, and i got my picture taken while they were playing and it was put on the met club website

_Amie_

HSC
Yes, yes, Metallica are the BEST band ever. There's no argument about it. Unless of course you bring up Led Zeppelin, in which case they are the best too. Anyway, I was right at the front on the first day at BDO 2004. WOW! James Hetfield 4 metres (if that) away. It was a dream. It did get pretty rough...but it was Metallica. I hardly even noticed the pain..I was too in awe. And yeah, the whole crowd shouting 'die, die, die'...amazing. When (if) they come back one day, I'm there for sure.
I want 'Nothing Else Matters' at my wedding.

_Amie_

HSC
It was rough. However, I'm not denying that there are rougher...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
In the early Nineties, a spate of church burnings and three grisly deaths stoked blazing headlines that described the nihilistic rampage of the satanically-minded youth. The limits of tolerance in this largely secular society were sorely tested by sensational stories centred not on the music's fans but the bands themselves. And, as far as the Norwegian media are concerned, when it comes to Black Metal all roads lead to Mayhem, whose terrible and bloody history eclipses the debauchery of even the most hardened rock bands.

Before Mayhem had even released their first studio album in 1993, a creepy masterpiece called De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, singer Dead had committed suicide and founding guitarist Euronymous had been brutally murdered by session bassist Count Grishnackh (with second guitarist, Snorre Ruch, acting as his accomplice). Grishnackh was already suspected of initiating the church burnings that began in 1992.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
haha withoutaface, i listen to Burzum, the band of Varg Vikernes who mudered Euronymous. now that's grym and kvlt \m/-_-\m/ ;p its about the only norweigian black metal i can stand, mainly for comedic value

Mayhem aren't bad, but i preferred Burzum's black metal stuff myself.

Metallica are one of the most pansy bands in metal. when they were singing die die die, slayer were screaming KILL KILL KILL! :D

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
bumped for posterity, I love the metallica fans who LOVE metallica, but when questioned, seem to think that 'black' was their first album :p

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
I listen to black metal here and there. but it's freaky. I mean, burn the churches! kill people! and go to jail! wtf?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cant deny the influence they had on me as a muso and as a guitarist and they have been pivotal in getting me into some more diverse stuff so *thumbs up*

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
you'll find that most goths love dimmu borgir and Cradle of Fith... who don't play actual black metal anymore. I like Cradle of filth, can't blame the band for having faggot fans, but dimmu borgir is just shit.

S&M was for the most part ridiculous, they picked the wrong songs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)