• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Metallica Fans (1 Viewer)

D

dillay

Enteebee said:
I've heard the original, prefer metallicas :shy:
I can't pick, i like both individually[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] for different reasons xD. but im liking your style in music ^_^

neafoo

HSC
dillay said:
i see someone talented xD.
High 5! i play bass too ^_^. But then again, who doesnt these days :/. It's becoming very common
I dunno about that... i know about 20 guitarists and im the only bassist i know. :p

I like it that way though... fuckin easy to get into bands, and then you get to write your basslines and also get a say in the guitar parts lawl.

ledzeppelin

HSC
neafoo said:
I dunno about that... i know about 20 guitarists and im the only bassist i know. :p

I like it that way though... fuckin easy to get into bands, and then you get to write your basslines and also get a say in the guitar parts lawl.
i'm actually interested in learning how to play the bass
how did you go about it?

neafoo

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
i'm actually interested in learning how to play the bass
how did you go about it?
Well i had already played guitar for a few years.
but first i did a little bit of research as to what were considered to be the best starter basses, and of them i chose the yamaha rbx 170 (Cost me like $280 about 8 months ago).
That said i knew i was gunna buy a more expensive amp (bad bass + good amp = good sound, as opposed to good bass + bad amp = shit sound).

I'd recommend you do some research... theres an FAQ on ultimate guitar in the forums under the bass section + you can always start a thread about it (but state what style you wanna play + how much you've got to spend).

I'd recommend lessons as they can really fucking help, but i guess theyre not that necessary and theres a fair amount of useful stuff on the internet for learning (i'm self taught but can see the use in lessons).

ledzeppelin

HSC
neafoo said:
Well i had already played guitar for a few years.
but first i did a little bit of research as to what were considered to be the best starter basses, and of them i chose the yamaha rbx 170 (Cost me like $280 about 8 months ago).
That said i knew i was gunna buy a more expensive amp (bad bass + good amp = good sound, as opposed to good bass + bad amp = shit sound).

I'd recommend you do some research... theres an FAQ on ultimate guitar in the forums under the bass section + you can always start a thread about it (but state what style you wanna play + how much you've got to spend).

I'd recommend lessons as they can really fucking help, but i guess theyre not that necessary and theres a fair amount of useful stuff on the internet for learning (i'm self taught but can see the use in lessons).
Did you find it difficult at all to pick up?
I can play some basic guitar and have played a few other instruments, so I don't imagine it would be too bad to learn the basics?

HalcyonSky

HSC
so, theyre releasing a new album late this year.

it's going to be epic fail

neafoo

HSC
Not really that difficult no. If you get in a band you can always play root notes until you learn enough to branch out and expand your basslines too.

Going from picks to fingers was a bit tricky, but not nearly as hard as i thought it would be.
Infact i picked up using my fingers so much faster than i thought i would, so it feels like its easier than using a pick, because even after years of guitar playing i have to work on picking patterns and style etc.

Also i can't slap very well (havent practiced it really), but it seems pretty hard to get good at slapping.

EDIT; that said, dont act all like 'OMG BASS IS SO MUCH EASIER THAN GUITAR' etc... people dont like that and its not THAT easy.

Last edited:

BeyondDeath

HSC
Enteebee said:
I'll find a way.

P.S. I don't like Kill 'Em All either, who likes that album?
Kill 'em All is great. It had that raw energy that they had back in the day and its also the album that started the thrash genre, so you gotta appreciate it for that.

neafoo

HSC
My apocalypse is ok. kinda thrashy, but it feels like it's missing something. still it was good to blast it real loud.

G

Gavvvvvin

Pretty average...but I guess its pretty good considering where Metallica currently are career wise.

ledzeppelin

HSC
I like the second half of The Day That Never Comes, although the song's a bit of a mess overall
Lars really sucks now tbh

HalcyonSky

HSC
none of it sounds really new, kinda like pathetic remixes of their older songs thrown together into an incoherrent mess

neafoo

HSC
Apparently it's leaked. I don't have a link but everyone is so far saying it's fairly good.

and for the lulz:

Last edited:
G

Gavvvvvin

google search megaupload.com for it and youll find it...its pretty good

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
the unforgiven III is awesome
the day that never comes - last half of song > first half
all nightmare long is awesome
suicide & redemption is awesome.

havent listened to rest of album yet but i downloaded it today

neafoo

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
the unforgiven III is awesome
the day that never comes - last half of song > first half
all nightmare long is awesome
suicide & redemption is awesome.

havent listened to rest of album yet but i downloaded it today
Ive heard the unforgiven III now, it's pretty good. Not as good as the last two but still a solid song.
I like the first half of the day that never comes more than the second though, the second half is sposed to be all thrashy but their guitar tone is all muddy and i hate that tapping lick kirk does. Still everyone is saying the albums pretty good. Gunna buy it after i finish all these essays n shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)