• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Metrosexual (1 Viewer)

What do you think of metrosexuals?

• Love them

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • They're alright

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Not my thing

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Hate them

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • WTF ARE METROSEXUALS?

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

artfag

Banned
HSC
metrosexual is a stupid term anyway, it sounds like someone having sex with a bus or train

people have called me metro before, but nah, i'm just gay

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
artfag said:
metrosexual is a stupid term anyway, it sounds like someone having sex with a bus or train

people have called me metro before, but nah, i'm just gay
Hopefully the bus isn't on top...

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
fashion sense states that pink looks good against dark skin....that's why i have a few pink things........i also put on moisturiser, cleanser, exfloiater etc.....wow im taking care of my skin etc doesn't mean im a metro as many ppl tell me i am :rolleyes: metros just like looking fresh and there best...does not mean they cant decided whether or not their gay....i know im not gay.......i know im not a full metro either. Are you jealous coz a metro stole your girlfriend?
No, she is jealous because she is a female and therefore must complain at every chance.

;)

And the whole metro label thing is a load of crap. Both ecrap and real crap. Who cares if a guy moisturises? It's like women wearing pants. It used to matter, but now no one cares.

Now Emos on the other hand. Hehe. Emo people are funny to laugh at.

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
artfag said:

yeh i wish someone had of told me exhaust pipes get really hot beforehand

Collin

HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
Metrosexuals disturb me. It's like they can't decide whether they're gay or not.

Not to mention the fact that they're screwing up normal guys. Girls never looked great in baby pink, i don't get why guys suddenly started wearing baby pink T-shirts and polos. And that shaggy Ian Thorpe style blonde hair... just doesn't do it for me.

What do you guys think? Are they a good thing? Are they a bad thing?
Are they a symbol of evolution's failure? or are they the product of evolution?
Are metrosexuals the male equivalent to bimbos?
I don't get how you could so easily link up metrosexuality to homosexuality. Your argument disturbs me.

Btw, what is a 'normal guy'? Your definition of what is normal is your own subjective opinion. You wanted to classify the certain group of guys you personally like as the norm.. a move very biased and somewhat intolerant and prejudice.

Also I don't see the clear relationship between metro guys and bimbos. Alot of the more blokey guys tend to be more fucking stupid than anything.

Just my opinion. :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i got mates who wear pink shirts...but by no means are metro...abso-fuckin-lutely no chance

oh...i mean 'salmon' coloured shirt

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
JKDDragon said:
I don't get how you could so easily link up metrosexuality to homosexuality. Your argument disturbs me.

Btw, what is a 'normal guy'? Your definition of what is normal is your own subjective opinion. You wanted to classify the certain group of guys you personally like as the norm.. a move very biased and somewhat intolerant and prejudice.

Also I don't see the clear relationship between metro guys and bimbos. Alot of the more blokey guys tend to be more fucking stupid than anything.

Just my opinion. :)
Agreed 100%.

What is with people labelling others who wear designer labels/cologne etc? It does nothing except make you look like a biased, judgemental fuckwit. Those who pigeon-hole metro guys are the ones who are the most insecure about their sexuality. Also, your sexuality will always stay the same, you dont 'turn gay' the second you start buying expensive clothes and wear cologne. Honestly, this has been debated to death, and some people still try and make assinine assumptions about a persons sexuality based on what they wear. Fucking stupid.

imhere4themusic

flied lice
HSC
DJ_Cam said:
Agreed 100%.

What is with people labelling others who wear designer labels/cologne etc? It does nothing except make you look like a biased, judgemental fuckwit. Those who pigeon-hole metro guys are the ones who are the most insecure about their sexuality. Also, your sexuality will always stay the same, you dont 'turn gay' the second you start buying expensive clothes and wear cologne. Honestly, this has been debated to death, and some people still try and make assinine assumptions about a persons sexuality based on what they wear. Fucking stupid.
I agree also.

WTF is with all this new interest in "Metrosexuals" anyway? It's just another stupid coined phrase like "Random". Metrosexuals are guys that are in not gay, but dress with style. Who cares if they have tendencies or not, it's not another gender. It's just another mindless classification that people put out to further segregate our society.

Wow I didn't say much did I.. I just think everyone has a right to dress and act how they want without being labelled, even if it is in a good way.

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
easy, because they wear pink.
:rolleyes:

#1 Not all metros wear pink. Don't generalise what all metros do.

#2 For the ones which do, how does it make them gay? Like many gays, many metros (and non-metros) gel their hair too.. under your logic that must make them gay too right?

What you said just then was reeling with st00pid.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
i don't mind when a guy takes care of himself, but it can get taken a bit far sometimes. one of my friends takes 45mins to do his hair... i'm not sure what takes so long, he only has about 2 inches of it... that in my mind is when it's getting a bit too far

Generator

HSC
N/A
The recent metrosexual/homosexual 'discussion'...

I love wikipedia, because at times it can save you from having to construct a response of your own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual
Since the term "metrosexual" refers to the sense of style or fashion of the individual and not to his sexual orientation, the word is somewhat misleading. A possibly more fitting description for the class of individuals labeled "metrosexuals" may be "metrostylists" or even "male divas".
I agree with that (if not the alternative terms).

Last edited:

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
And heres' the biggest metro of all, Anthony Callea. has anyone heard that funny rumour that he's gay. I know it's old but it's so laughable!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
duckofdoom said:
And heres' the biggest metro of all, Anthony Callea. has anyone heard that funny rumour that he's gay. I know it's old but it's so laughable!
he isnt gay? wow...learn sumthing new every day

n JKD is right...i knwo too many non metros who wear pink shirts (coz they've heard it gets girls attentions) they are not metro, and definately not homo

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
All I ask is that the world once again make non-metro jeans. Crotch space no longer exists!!! ... and stretchy material certainly doesn't compensate for tightness.

rumour

HSC
KFunk said:
All I ask is that the world once again make non-metro jeans. Crotch space no longer exists!!! ... and stretchy material certainly doesn't compensate for tightness.
Jeans come in Metro & Non-metro?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Yes, it's an unfortunate fact of life. I have an old pair of size 34's from about 3-4 years ago and they are a great fit with a nice amount of baggy-ness and nice sized pockets with crotch space to boot. These days, now that 95% of jeans are metro, a size 34 still fits fine, but will be tight with small pockets (my wallet starts to have trouble fitting!), zero crotch space, small bits of flare at the bottom and some random seam/bit of fabric ripped. It sucks.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
KFunk said:
Yes, it's an unfortunate fact of life. I have an old pair of size 34's from about 3-4 years ago and they are a great fit with a nice amount of baggy-ness and nice sized pockets with crotch space to boot. These days, now that 95% of jeans are metro, a size 34 still fits fine, but will be tight with small pockets (my wallet starts to have trouble fitting!), zero crotch space, small bits of flare at the bottom and some random seam/bit of fabric ripped. It sucks.
ahhhhh....good, im not the only who reckons pockets r shrinking....whats the point of pants with pockets if u cant put ur wallet in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)