• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Metrosexual (1 Viewer)

What do you think of metrosexuals?

• Love them

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • They're alright

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Not my thing

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Hate them

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • WTF ARE METROSEXUALS?

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
thats a terrible point to make. the most common meaning for 'gay' is homosexual. also pink is a colour commonly associated with homosexuals, so they're not as idiotic as you seem to think for taking it that way.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Gay can mean a lot of things, idiot. We're not exclusively using it in terms of men liking men. If we were, we might have said 'homosexual'.

Lets see who would be more insecure...
Ranger Stacie (and me) who think that guys who wear pink shirts are gay (as in, thats crap)...
Or idiot guys who took it literally and felt that their sexuality was threatened because they thought we were calling them homosexuals for wearing pink shirts.
have you ever worn a blue item of clothing?

HSC
Espo15 said:
thats a terrible point to make. the most common meaning for 'gay' is homosexual. also pink is a colour commonly associated with homosexuals, so they're not as idiotic as you seem to think for taking it that way.
I know. I didn't create these alternate meanings. But I'm explaining that they exist and that I (if not Stacie) wasn't using it in the 'homosexual' context.

BreaKing said:
have you ever worn a blue item of clothing?
Yes, yes i have. But I don't feel threatened by someone asking me whether I wear blue, or telling me that I'm gay because I wear blue.

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
Gay can mean a lot of things, idiot. We're not exclusively using it in terms of men liking men. If we were, we might have said 'homosexual'.

Lets see who would be more insecure...
Ranger Stacie (and me) who think that guys who wear pink shirts are gay (as in, thats crap)...
Or idiot guys who took it literally and felt that their sexuality was threatened because they thought we were calling them homosexuals for wearing pink shirts.

In case you hadn't noticed, she also said 'Its obvious who the poofs are in here'.

Also, as others have said, don't you think when were talking about sexuality and metro's calling something 'gay' is going to be interpreted as such?

Also, look at this:

JKDDragon said:
I don't see how you could link up metrosexuality to homosexuality
Ranger Stacie said:
Easy, because they wear pink

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
katietheskatie said:
some guys look really really hot in pink shirts. stop generalising.
exactly some guys look really hot in Pink...and the real 'men' are the ones secure enough to wear pink and not see it as a sign of sexuality...

"Men oozing masculinty need not fear pink" - (or something like that from Alfie)

G

Gavvvvvin

Sorry to tell you this, but real men dont go dressing like fags just to impress chics to get them into the sac, which is why most guys dress like that. If you cant see that your stupid.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Sorry to tell you this, but real men dont go dressing like fags just to impress chics to get them into the sac, which is why most guys dress like that. If you cant see that your stupid.
better than dressing in all black.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
really u are the stupid one who associates the colour of ones shirts to their sexuality. Its a pink shirt not a written confession

G

Gavvvvvin

Lol then whys the whole style call 'metrosexual'? Why cant it just be 'metro' if it hasnt got anything to do with sexuality?

And no I dont dress in all black.

G

Gavvvvvin

melsc said:
because they are heteroSEXUALS....
So now you must be straight to dress 'gay'? So wheres that leave gays? Do they dress like bogans now or something? Shit I'm confuzing myself.

I'm sorry for being such a metrophobe :(

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i do not like pink on guys and i associate it with homosexuality. if a post made on a random internet site bothers you that much maybe you have the insecurities

Collin

HSC
N/A
_DeathlessOne_ said:
Lol then whys the whole style call 'metrosexual'? Why cant it just be 'metro' if it hasnt got anything to do with sexuality?

And no I dont dress in all black.
Mate I think you take the word too literally. The definition of metrosexual was never related to one's sexual preferences, but crudely adopted by lots of people as a 'heterosexual who dresses like a gay' (which is also somewhat incorrect as many things a metro do are common to both heteros and homos). Back to the point though, being metrosexual by definition has nothing to do with one's sexual preferences. Otherwise the term 'metrosexual' would become redundant as you would then just call them homosexual (which of course is incorrect because by definition metrosexuals are straight).

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
i do not like pink on guys and i associate it with homosexuality. if a post made on a random internet site bothers you that much maybe you have the insecurities

I'm not bothered by it all, I can comfortably put on a pink shirt without going 'oh shit i must be gay'

I'm just trying to point out the flaws in your logic. You dont like pink on guys? Fine. If you want to associate it with homosexuals, fine. The problems start when you make huge generalisations like 'all guys who wear pink are gay'.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
metrosexuality is making the faded wifebeater fashionable too

pretty soon there'll be a $100 ralph faded blue wifebeater

faggots

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
wife beater is a singlet... generally white... generally worn by people who beat their wives...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)