Michael Moore's Open Letter To George Bush (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I agree, if this happened in Australia, the same reaction would occur. And keep in mind, I said it was aggrevating and annoying - not unjustified. In a nation such as America, the government should have acted faster and provided much more resources - they have the ability to do so. But people live in conditions such as those created by katrina their entire lives and many people don't bat an eyelid about it. That was more my point than 'these people are selfish and don't deserve sympathy' - they do, and they need assistance from their government.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
tempco said:
if we had been in their position, we'd all be crying out too. louder even. keep in mind that new orleans isn't exactly a prime example of american standards of living.
All this talk about poverty in New Orleans is just an empty excuse.
How about the December tsunami then? Judging by their waistlines, those New Orleans residents are far better fed and housed than tsunami surviors in Bangladesh. Why didn't the surviors start fighting, looting local shops, shooting rescue workers and raping people in the aftermath? Bangladeshi poverty is FAR worse than New Orleans poverty...

If some poorer city in Australia got hit by a natural disater, would the survivors turn on each other, rescue workers and descend into armed anarchy? What happened in New Orleans is an example of "only in America".

Last edited:
HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Exactly, so they are used to it. The whole community is immersed in poverty, whereas in the US only a portion are, and that portion have used this disaster to their advantage.

Bill O'Reily is the best! We need more people like him on Australian television!!

bill o reily??? the best???? he is the right-wing version of michael moore

ill go out on a limb and say he is even more of a bullshit artist than michael moore.

he is one 'famous' person who i hope dies a horrible death.

heard he is a fan of sexual harassment too ;) fkn pedo.

taken from an online encyclopedia:

O'Reilly made false claim that Hussein "allowed" terrorist group Ansar Al-Islam "to exist in Northern Iraq" many times, most recently on 16 August. MediaMatters has claimed that Hussein did not have control over the area of northeastern Iraq where the group operated

he is a fat, biased, jealous piece of shit and his death will be celebrated

Last edited:

supercharged

HSC
N/A
hiphophorray123 said:
O'Reilly made false claim that Hussein "allowed" terrorist group Ansar Al-Islam "to exist in Northern Iraq" many times, most recently on 16 August. MediaMatters has claimed that Hussein did not have control over the area of northeastern Iraq where the group operated

he is a fat, biased, jealous piece of shit and his death will be celebrated
LoL 'Northern Iraq', that's the Kurdish autominious areas protected by US no-fly zones :rolleyes: Why didn't he just blame the US government for it? After all they were the ones providing security for the place.

HSC
supercharged said:
LoL 'Northern Iraq', that's the Kurdish autominious areas protected by US no-fly zones :rolleyes: Why didn't he just blame the US government for it? After all they were the ones providing security for the place.

because bill o reily is a dumb bitter fat dude who sucks fox execs off to stop his show from gettin axed because only KKK members watch it

HSC
he's not that fat, but he still a fatass bitch.

we do not need any such thing, him teaching journalists over here to be even more biased than most already are would be a big mistake.

bill o reilly is the devil and needs to be killed.

bitterness underlies most of his racism, lies and propoganda.

walrusbear

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
It would be worthwhile, Australia needs some good biased journalists who are racist it would make a nice change for sure.

As if he isn't the best journalist. He speaks his mind i like him.

it does for most journalism
do yourself a favour and buy the daily telegraph
piers akerman might be up your alley dude

tempco

HSC
walrusbear said:
you'd love him
looks like you might be his key audience actually
oh definitely. he even bags out Muslims.

walrusbear

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Piers Akerman? Can't say i've ever heard of him, but if he's as brilliant as Bill O'Reilly then i might have to get a copy. What are some of his topics? The usual black deaths in custody stuff.

I hope Pauline can get a job with a newspaper, now that would be quality.
you'd love him
looks like you might be his key audience actually

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
People that are Michael Moore bashes fail to neglect one point. He is simply giving his opinion... just like we are on this forum... whether it be through a letter like this or a movie.
He presents his opinions as fact and then people take them as fact.
I hate him just as much as I hate psychics or people that claim moon landings were faked.

jennylim

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I hate him just as much as I hate psychics or people that claim moon landings were faked.
yes!!! thank you. if he said it was his opinion i wouldn't mind. but he seemed to think that what he said was the vitally important truth. which is patently isn't. stop defending him on this point!

walrusbear

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
how does he present his views as facts?
he doesn't exactly have a journalistic style. his ego is quite present in most of his work. the fahrenheit 9/11 poster has his mug on it. he's on the cover of stupid white men. michael moore is almost as much about michael moore as he is about politics. how can you argue, then, that his works are pitched as fact?
they're highly emotive and argumentative, of course. they're polemics, and unapologetically so.
people who take it at face value as 'truth' are going to take anything on that level, so the argument doesn't really hold.

walrusbear

HSC
jennylim said:
yes!!! thank you. if he said it was his opinion i wouldn't mind. but he seemed to think that what he said was the vitally important truth. which is patently isn't. stop defending him on this point!
he is very earnest in his arguments.
isn't it freaking obvious that everything he portrays is his perspective??
would you rather a disclaimer at the beginning and end of his films saying 'by the way, this is just my opinion'? he writes to sway opinion, not offer a psuedo-objective account of events

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
rescuing 100000 ppl in a flood surrounded city where u can;t get viable rescue vehicles in except helicopters isn;t exactly something u can organise by clicking your fingers.

most ppl left wen the warning was issued anyway, y did those ppl stay behind?

supercharged

HSC
N/A
After Katrina Hurricane; the lawless USA is now the laughing stock of International Community!

Considering how many resources America has, coaches, trucks, helicopters, boats, hovercrafts etc the rescue effort has barely even been half hearted. And with all the anarchy, shooting, looting and rapes among the survivors, also thousands of National Guard soldiers sent down to retake the city from armed hooligans, America now looks more stupid than ever.

"I don't give a fuck about New Orleans" :D

NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - People left homeless by Hurricane Katrina told horrific stories of rape, murder and trigger-happy guards in two New Orleans centers that were set up as shelters but became places of violence and terror.

Police and National Guard troops on Saturday closed down the two centers -- the Superdome arena and the city's convention center -- but then penned the storm victims outside in sweltering heat to keep them from trying to walk out of the city until they were evacuated from the scene.

Military helicopters and buses took away thousands of people who waited in orderly lines in stifling heat outside the flooded convention center. They completed the evacuation by late afternoon.

The refugees, waiting to be taken to sports stadiums and other huge shelters across Texas and northern Louisiana, described how the convention center and the Superdome became lawless hellholes beset by rape and murder.

Several residents of the impromptu shantytown recounted two horrific incidents where those charged with keeping people safe had killed them instead.

In one, a young man was run down and then shot by a New Orleans police officer, in another a man seeking help was gunned down by a National Guard soldier, witnesses said.

Police here refused to discuss or confirm either incident. National Guard spokesman Lt. Col Pete Schneider said "I have not heard any information of a weapon being discharged."

"They killed a man here last night," Steve Banka, 28, told Reuters. "A young lady was being raped and stabbed. And the sounds of her screaming got to this man and so he ran out into the street to get help from troops, to try to flag down a passing truck of them, and he jumped up on the truck's windshield and they shot him dead."

Wade Batiste, 48, recounted another tale of horror.

"Last night at 8 p.m. they shot a kid of just 16. He was just crossing the street. They ran him over, the New Orleans police did, and then they got out of the car and shot him in the head," Batiste said.

BODY IN THE STREET

The young man's body lay in the street by the Convention Center's entrance on Saturday morning, covered in a black blanket, a stream of congealed blood staining the street around him. Nearby his family sat in shock.

A member of that family, Africa Brumfield, 32, confirmed the incident but declined to be quoted about it, saying her family did not wish to discuss it. But she spoke of general conditions here.

"There is rapes going on here. Women cannot go to the bathroom without men. They are raping them and slitting their throats. They keep telling us the buses are coming but they never leave," she said through tears.

People here said there were now 22 bodies of adults and children stored inside the building, but troops guarding the building refused to confirm that and threatened to beat reporters seeking access to the makeshift morgue.

People trying to walk out are forced back at gunpoint -- something troops said was for their own safety. "It's sad, but how far do you think they would get," one soldier said.

"They have us living here like animals," said Wyvonnette Grace-Jordan, here with five children, the youngest only six weeks old. "We have only had two meals, we have no medicine and now there are thousands of people defecating in the streets. This is wrong. This is the United States of America."

One National Guard soldier who asked not to be named for fear of punishment from his commanding officer said of the lack of medical attention at the center, "They (the Bush administration) care more about Iraq and Afghanistan than here."

'OUR GUYS ARE IN IRAQ'

The Louisiana National Guard soldier said, "We are doing the best we can with the resources we have, but almost all of our guys are in Iraq."

Across town at the Superdome, where as many as 38,000 refugees camped out until Wednesday night when evacuation buses first came, the 4,000 still there were corralled outside, hoping to get on four waiting buses with seats for only 200.

The scene at the sports stadium was one of abject filth. Crammed into a small area after the building was shut to them on Friday night, those remaining sat amid heaps of garbage, piled in places waist high. The stench of human waste pervaded the interior of the now vacant stadium.

One police officer told Reuters there were 100 people in a makeshift morgue at the Superdome, mostly people who died of heat exhaustion, and that six babies had been born there since last weekend, when people arrived to take shelter.

At the arena, too, there was much talk of bedlam after dark.

"We found a young girl raped and killed in the bathroom," one National Guard soldier told Reuters. "Then the crowd got the man and they beat him to death."

But the brutal experience came to an abrupt and welcome end on Saturday. After days of waiting, buses and helicopters finally arrived and evacuated all the people at both the convention center and the Superdome in an operation that lasted just eight hours.

By 6 p.m. at the convention center, all that was left was a street full of trash, cherished personal belongings left behind in the rush to leave, and an acrid stench

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
so what the difference between him spewing pro-China crap and you spewing pro-White crap?

K

katie_tully

gordo said:
rescuing 100000 ppl in a flood surrounded city where u can;t get viable rescue vehicles in except helicopters isn;t exactly something u can organise by clicking your fingers.

most ppl left wen the warning was issued anyway, y did those ppl stay behind?
Because homeless people aren't exactly the smartest people on earth. They didn't have the means to escape, even if they did have the thought processes.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
anti-mathmite said:
lol, as if you're not a Chinese communist propagandist; you sound exactly like the north korean news services. They spew out lies that are so outrageous, in spite of the USA. lol :cool:
Lies what lies? Go and take a look at the news about the violence in New Orleans yourself, its a real life GTA...

btw flood relief in US 2005 vs flood relief in China 1998:

And what does this have to do with China or communism (although China is rather capitalist these days)? I didn't make any mention of either until you brought it up.

Ha, China is unified in its response and doesn't have law and order issues after natural disasters...

The Emperor Bush performs on Tuesday, while people drown in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama

http://lefti.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_lefti_archive.html#112550416659835109

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)