Moderately easy exam (1 Viewer)

sja

dingleberry
HSC
My school is ranked about 183rd and everyone in my centre found the exam pretty easy. A lot of my friends from other schools also went really well. I just want to know, are most of you guys here ranked in the bottom 10 of your class?

The band 6 cut off should be about 70/84.

Just about everyone I know finished on time but I think some people are stressing because they didn't get the induction question so they might only get 2/3 for that and it'll probably hurt them since the rest was easy I'm pretty sure the majority of the state would have got that right.

The projectile question was pretty easy because you had a vertical projectile and you just had to equate the distances. Parametrics and Circle geometry were also extremely easy. This exam was missing a LOT of the 3U content. Everyone says that they've never seen an easier probability question as well.

They gave you the answers to most of it. If you don't see yourself getting above 69-70/84 then don't consider yourself getting an E4 (band 6). This has been a god sent exam, I'm glad they made it as reasonably easy as this.

killersfan

HSC
sja said:
My school is ranked about 183rd and everyone in my centre found the exam pretty easy.
Good work... That sounds about right... Especially seeing as though my school is ranked about 2nd and everyone in my centre found the exam really hard.

vojnik

HSC
Meh I duno what the fuck I got. I found it hard, its over now and I dont give a fuck about it anymore.

If you thought it was easy then thats really good, because my whole class found it extremely hard, and all went home depressed.

E4 cutoff should be much lower than you said..Not everybody is as gifted as the top 10% of people in MEXT1...

izzy88

HSC
ok i dont know where people are getting these school ranks from...have no idea what my school would be (its probably pretty high-but not selective...)

i (and everyone in my year) thought the exam was really hard...especially compared to past years for questions 1-5...i can normally breze through those quickly and get slowed down on q6 and 7 however not for this one!!!

q1-5 was harder than normal, the alegbra etc took quite a long time (no easy ones like angle between 2 lines) q6 and 7 were moderate (however by the time u got there u didnt have much time to give them a proper go...)

as for ur query on ranks...im not in the bottom 10(and i do 4U maths)...and from most peoples comments on this site the exam was hard...so i think the raw marks will be quite low...have no idea about band 6 cut offs (it also depends on ur assessment marks etc)

modezero

HSC
sja said:
My school is ranked about 183rd and everyone in my centre found the exam pretty easy. A lot of my friends from other schools also went really well. I just want to know, are most of you guys here ranked in the bottom 10 of your class?

The band 6 cut off should be about 70/84.

Just about everyone I know finished on time but I think some people are stressing because they didn't get the induction question so they might only get 2/3 for that and it'll probably hurt them since the rest was easy I'm pretty sure the majority of the state would have got that right.

The projectile question was pretty easy because you had a vertical projectile and you just had to equate the distances. Parametrics and Circle geometry were also extremely easy. This exam was missing a LOT of the 3U content. Everyone says that they've never seen an easier probability question as well.

They gave you the answers to most of it. If you don't see yourself getting above 69-70/84 then don't consider yourself getting an E4 (band 6). This has been a god sent exam, I'm glad they made it as reasonably easy as this.
haha very funny [/sarcasm]
I reckon that exam was harder than the 4Unit paper.
I think I was the only one to finish in my school, and its ranked in the top 10.

coolzor

HSC
man ur crazy if u find it easy...honestly that was one of the hardest if not the hardest ext 1 paper ive seen...previous years was a breeze.. or mayb its just me ...

killersfan

HSC
^^^ by the sounds of it, nearly everyone in his center haven't realised they failed either.

Surviv0r

HSC
mann hard hard harddd
i hope they scale it up by 99 points lol

konstantine'

HSC
Errr were we doing the same exam because I would never call it "easy". It might have been okay for some but to call it easy? I think everyone in that centre failed too lol.

captain249

HSC
Nah i thought that it was overall a tad easier than previous but not heaps easier. Questions 6-7 were (i thought) a fair bit easier than previous years and i was expecting a little harder. But questions 4-5 were a bit harder and took a bit to plough through. I thought that induction question was worth more than 3 marks tho!
I don't see what the school's ranking has to do with it, who cares where ur school is ranked it doesnt mean if u got a high ranking all the school's students will find every exam easy. I dont think it works that way

Have a good one

Naylyn

HSC
I think many of the questions were quite easy, however the fact that many of the questions were easy doesn't mean that the overall test was easy, it wasn't many of the questions were quite long if a little easy which means that unless you work really really fast you could never get the whole test finished in time, making it an overall hard test.

I also found the probability quite easy but then everyone is good at different things and the probability suited me, however I'm not very good at circle geometry and found that quite hard for 4 marks worth of questions.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
behemoth100 said:
First of all, though I have NEVER insulted or badgered anyone over their opinion, as this is a free country and I enjoy reading what everyone thinks;
Sja, you are an IDIOT.
My school does reasonably well (probably top 20 in maths) and I was doing fairly well in maths extension (averaging 90%) but so far in this test I have list 22 marks (though to be fair I'm about 99% sure I got the rest). The main reason was time.
Now if you found the test easy, congratulations but don't, NOT FOR ONE SECOND, tell me that your school in the 180's collectively found it easy. Not one person I talked to found it easy, and my friend who is currently coming 4th in our school (like 98%) missed 8 marks in that test.
All you are doing is making the rest of the people reading this forum who want to have a friendly discussion about the test feel pessimistic and no one needs that. So instead of acting high and mighty about how brilliant you and the rest of your 182nd placed school are at maths, why don't you take the time to think about the effect your words have on others.
Personally it only pisses me off, as I'm getting a band 6 in everything except English and I can drop 3 unit maths so how I went is irrelevant, but seriously just think about others.
The induction question was not easy, and if you think that probability question was the easiest question ever you are F***ing on drugs (take a look at the success 1 Maths extension book, most probability qs are Qs 2 or 3). Question 7 wasn’t that difficult, however I (and from what I have heard/read a lot of others) ran out of time so didn’t even get to start it.
Now this is a public forum but starting a topic called "MODERATELY EASY EXAM" when the rest are discussing how hard the exam, and then immediately claiming that almost every person in an average school thought it was extremely easy, and then further striking the nail home by claiming in big bold letters that you’re' "glad they made it as reasonably easy as this" points out 2 things.
First that your an asshole, because any modest person who thought a that a difficult exam was easy don't feel the need to highlight their accomplishments in bold. And two, the fact that you need to take time out of your day to be an asshole illustrates just how sad your life is.
quoted for emphasis. <3

Either that, or he and the rest of his district missed about 3/4 of the paper.
or the whole exam..? =D

lol, i didn't find the exam [truthfully] to be too hard nor too easy.
there were the tough bits and the easy bits.
they did require more thinking than usual, but i managed to get up to q7. didn't do much in it though, was in the last 15minutes and i REALLLLLY needed to pee <_<

jackal8

HSC
killersfan said:
Good work... That sounds about right... Especially seeing as though my school is ranked about 2nd and everyone in my centre found the exam really hard.

qfMFt

im no. 8

evceyrone said hard

Benmc

HSC
My whole 8 people in my 3unit class thought it was hard.
This was by far the hardest exam in the past 6 years in my opinion. Some parts were OK, but overalll this was fricking ridiculously hard.

The probablitiy question in 6 was like a fricking essay. Its maths, why should i have to reaad 10 lines just to answer a god damn question. I couldn't contemplate the whole question and ended up doing the 1st part. Too complicated with the stupid q's and ps.

I'm 99% sure i failed. I think i got abour 42%....
What does that get scaled up to? E1???? LOL

Thank god i do 12 units.

bally24

HSC
my school is ranked in the top 20 and everyone in my class was in disbelief over how hard it was compared to about every other paper since 1986. if you found it super easy, good for you, but when people go on about how easy something was....it usually means they didn't get the paper.
i thought this was the one subject where i could get a band 6....not anymore lol how could the bos do this.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
I did extension 2, so found the paper easy but by extension 1 standards it was very difficult.

The questions required a lot more algebra than normal, and also some of them were a bit abstract so they felt like the sort of questions you would come across in a 4unit paper.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
I worked out 32% of marks i lost.
THAT WAS NOT EASY
my school ranks top 50 and i found that the hardest 3unit test Ive seen.

kakhter88

HSC
pfffft all i can say is the guy making this post is prolly smoking sumthing serious. If ur splendid "183rd ranked" skool did so bloody well then congrats bro u guys must be ranked 1st in smoking crack.

Man look sersly dont post bullshit like this it doesnt impress anyone and it doesnt make anyone who laboured the whole year to get an exam like that feel any better...

and yeh man ur madddd go take ur 70+/84s and sit on it and rotate.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)