More than one wife? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey guys i was just wondering if you think its okay to have more than one wife? or more than one husband.

Whats your opinion?

hamster-lol

HSC
I'm strongly against bigomy, can not stand the thought of some one cheating or having some one else.

That goes for relationships in general, the slighest "flirts" with other people really gets to me.

Ahmed ftw

HSC
How is this general discussion on the 2012 HSC? Wrong section m8.

But uhhh to answer your question, I think its wrong and disgusting. Did you watch the Dr Phil show today? Ugh, that polygamous relationship where there was one man, who was married to three women. Two of which were twins and the third one was their cousin. He was the father of 24 kids. But they all thought that it was normal because they had all grown up in polygamous households. So disgusting.

lani22

HSC
it goes against my idealistic and totally unrealistic idea of love and marriage and all that kinda crap

BUT whatever floats your boat i suppose...

a c

HSC
Of course it's okay. It's probably beneficial in some circumstances

But uhhh to answer your question, I think its wrong and disgusting. Did you watch the Dr Phil show today? Ugh, that polygamous relationship where there was one man, who was married to three women. Two of which were twins and the third one was their cousin. He was the father of 24 kids. But they all thought that it was normal because they had all grown up in polygamous households. So disgusting.
I don't see what is disgusting about that.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I only think it's right if everyone is counted together in the marriage as a whole unit and love each other.

Not like a guy having three wives who he sleeps with on different occasions but that all love each other.

But whatever, who am I to judge?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Nature never intended human beings to be with a single partner. Our sexual urges developed as a need to reproduce for survival - the same as any species. Not many other species stay with each other for life etc.

That said, we supposedly experience a different level of consciousness, which brings emotion into it. It is our emotion which affected this moral convention (we all get jealous, which isn't pleasant).

Random facts for the sake of random facts.

My view: Who cares? Stick to your own moral compass.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I couldn't care less. If the parties involved are okay with it, then good for them.

DefiningTheta

HSC
Uni Grad
Under Australian law there can only be one wife legally. If you decide to have one or more wives, you must decide which wife will be entitled to all of the benefits (e.g. wills, property after you pass away, etc). So basically the rest of your wives are there as slaves (unless you're filthy rich and just hand them cash for whatever you want them to do)... Which isn't too fascinating.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Nature never intended human beings to be with a single partner. Our sexual urges developed as a need to reproduce for survival - the same as any species. Not many other species stay with each other for life etc.

That said, we supposedly experience a different level of consciousness, which brings emotion into it. It is our emotion which affected this moral convention (we all get jealous, which isn't pleasant).

This.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Under Australian law there can only be one wife legally. If you decide to have one or more wives, you must decide which wife will be entitled to all of the benefits (e.g. wills, property after you pass away, etc). So basically the rest of your wives are there as slaves (unless you're filthy rich and just hand them cash for whatever you want them to do)... Which isn't too fascinating.
Mate, I don't think you realise how wills work.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Yea it is ok

If the people are normal

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

BUT LOVE :inlove:

how can you dismiss love so thoughtlessly

Personally, one spouse is the perfect number. There's a reason we call it the search for "The One".

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Personally, one spouse is the perfect number. There's a reason we call it the search for "The One".
this isn't how I met your mother

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC

And who are you to discredit what other people feel?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
discredit? more like, "i think you forgot to address the elephant in the room: love"

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
As long as everyone is cool with it in the relationship I see no problem it's not hurting anyone else.

Pretty much the same logic for gay marriage.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
secret crushes

Everyone always forgets that. It's secret crushes - it's called mulling over possibilities before committing, to which then I will decide to be completely non-polygamic if that's even a word

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
secret crushes

Everyone always forgets that. It's secret crushes - it's called mulling over possibilities before committing, to which then I will decide to be completely non-polygamic if that's even a word
40yr old virgin in the making.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)