More than one wife? (2 Viewers)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I think it's fine and should be legal but at the moment the law doesn't accommodate. The system is wrought by the wives who register as single mothers and recieve numerous benefits under the guise of being a single mother.

Also, if the husband dies or is sick they have no say in what happens to him/no legal standing etc. So really it's not a very good idea but morally I have no issues with it.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
I think it's fine and should be legal but at the moment the law doesn't accommodate. The system is wrought by the wives who register as single mothers and recieve numerous benefits under the guise of being a single mother.

Also, if the husband dies or is sick they have no say in what happens to him/no legal standing etc. So really it's not a very good idea but morally I have no issues with it.
I agree with this

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
discredit? more like, "i think you forgot to address the elephant in the room: love"
I believe you ignored my statement about emotion. Granted I'm cold, individualistic and unaffectionate but love is an emotion (higher order thinking etc. etc. blah blah).

And, echoing what others have said; who are you to say that you can't love two people?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I believe you ignored my statement about emotion. Granted I'm cold, individualistic and unaffectionate but love is an emotion (higher order thinking etc. etc. blah blah).

And, echoing what others have said; who are you to say that you can't love two people?
Well I can't love two people - others might be able to.

If you mean "how dare you speak out against people who wish to love more than one person", I believe I said - do what you want, but personally, I wouldn't.

I know so.
6 year relationship.

Your move.
so 6 years in relationship means that you know when people will be 40 yo virgins or something

i didn't read that in any internet guide

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
gotta have at least 30 bro. 1 for every day of the month.

YOLO

Last edited:

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I am against polygamy. My opinion is that a man should only have one wife :)

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
What about a man having a husband? (Yes, I'm doing this)
hus·band /ˈhəzbənd/
Noun: A married man considered in relation to his wife.

wife /wīf/
Noun: A married woman considered in relation to her husband.

The definition of 'husband' excludes 'in relation to his husband [or male lover]', therefore it is grammatically incorrect to have same sex marriages.

Reference List

https://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=define+husband

https://www.google.com.au/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=define+wife

Last edited:

madharris

HSC
N/A
It's just plain wrong.
When you marry, you pledge to be loyal to your partner, however if you have another partner whether they know about each other or not is just wrong.

If you are no longer attracted in anyway to your partner then divorce, but it's not right to have more than one partner imo

madharris

HSC
N/A
There's nothing wrong with this at all.
I don't believe being gay is a choice, so I believe two people of the same sex should be able to get married

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
It's just plain wrong.
When you marry, you pledge to be loyal to your partner, however if you have another partner whether they know about each other or not is just wrong.

If you are no longer attracted in anyway to your partner then divorce, but it's not right to have more than one partner imo
you know how in that same pledge you say you're going to be together forever

what about that

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Well as a Catholic, I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. However I am not going to disrespect a man if he decides to have a husband or a woman if she decides to have a wife. I just don't agree with it :)

a c

HSC
Disrespect means 'an expression of lack of respect', you don't respect that relationship as valid, so you are disrespecting those in same sex relationships.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Disrespect means 'an expression of lack of respect', you don't respect that relationship as valid, so you are disrespecting those in same sex relationships.
Okay, fair enough :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)