Motivational stories for HSC 2010 (1 Viewer)

ar7

HSC
nice thread lamby

i know that in 20 yrs time wen i'm sitting at a beach, i want my kids to have everything they desire because their father gave his best and more in yr12 and achieved beyond awesome results which resulted in a good university course and stable job.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
nice thread lamby

i know that in 20 yrs time wen i'm sitting at a beach, i want my kids to have everything they desire because their father gave his best and more in yr12 and achieved beyond awesome results which resulted in a good university course and stable job.
Go roger!

Sadiah

HSC
If anyone here who has already completed their HSC has some nice stories about getting a high UAI/ATAR that could keep us motivated, please share.

For example, my brother was told by his teachers he would never get over 90 UAI because he went to a disadvantaged school, but he ended up on the All-round achievers list and getting 98.55 and becoming dux of his grade. You could say his motivation throughout his HSC year was proving his teachers wrong =P
I was top for 5 of my subjects, out of 6 just after our half yearly HSC examinations. And then after our half yearlyz, in the holidays, me and my mum went overseas. I had like one month left for my trials yet I told my mum it's ok, I really wanna go and see my cousins (hadn't seen them for four years). So I took all my books and notes and everything.

But the very next day, I happened to be the victim of

an accident!

Like I went with my cousin on his motorbike just around the corner, but my dress got stuck on the bike's tyre and I didn't realise, and I really don't know how everything happened, but when I next opened my eyes I was in the hospital.

I fainted like 5 times within 6 hours, and I injured both my hands, my right eye, the part between my eye-brows, and the entire right side of my body.

Nevertheless, apart from all the physical pain, I was worrieed about the HSC. I was like how the hell am I gonna write in my HSC trials? Especially for my subjects, they were all humanities, so I used to write pages and pages and I loved it too ..

So anyway, the whole two weeks overseas, I didn't look back at my books because every time I intended to, I'd get a head ache and so my perception changed .. I was like, while the time I'm here, I'd rather just enjoy it.

And so I did.

Buttt

When we came back to Australia, I had only 5 days till my trials and I had fogotten like everything I knew ... And when I spoke to my friend .. she was like all prepared and everything and I was like alright bro, you're gonna take my place in everything .. but she kind of motivated me

So afterwards, at school, I did notify my teacher about my injuries and I gave them the doctor certificate and stuff, and on the certificate it was clearly stated that I be given additional time to study for my exams so I could heal and stuff..

But I told my teachers that it doesn't matter, I'm gonna sit for the exams the same day everyone else is because then people might start thinking that it's not fair and stuff.

So those five days of my life were spent completely devoted to my textbooks, I hardly slept or ate ...

And then it was time for my trials, and yeah after we got our results I was still first but only in 4 subjects out of 6.

My friend beat me in Business studies... and she took my spot for Legal studies.

Nevertheless, I still aced the rest of my cohort (I wont call myself smart, I'll just call my cohort dumb=])

I was perfectly fine after that and I had a lot of time to study for the actual HSC .. and I achieved my desired mark :D

That's all =)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
That's amazing Sadiah! Shame your school wouldn't give you extra time to heal =[ Hope you're all better now

Sadiah

HSC
That's amazing Sadiah! Shame your school wouldn't give you extra time to heal =[ Hope you're all better now
Why thank you.

Nah, I don't blame my school. I blame myself for sayign "yes" to my cousin when he took me around

:(

But it's all cool, albeit if I was given more time to study ... I would have maintained my ranks ;)

LauraHLH

HSC
When sitting my first English Advanced exam (an essay on RMF... how I hate that damn book...) I had a panic attack. I couldn't remember how to spell his mother's name (stupid thing, but at the time it mattered) and the next thing I know I'm propped up in the sick bay on a Nebuliser because I wasn't breathing.

The Head of English said I had faked it to try and buy myself more time, and refused to let me resit the exam. I got 2/25.

In my HSC? 79. Ranked 10th in my year. Got the marks I needed to get me into my dream course :) While 79 isn't fantastic, it's above average, and considering that first assessment I was quite proud of it.

HSC
a girl i know was told that she shouldnt be doing adv. english cause she wasnt good enough. she ended up doing adv. english, ext, 1 and ext. 2 and coming first in all of them :)

cassiecocaine

HSC
I may not have gotten an ATAR in the high 90's, but I'm still proud of what I achieved.

I came out of english paper 1 crying because I did so bad in every section, I went into paper 2 with the "fuck this, I just want it over" attitude, and I ended up getting 92 as my overall english HSC mark

Just before biology (the worst one) I had a major relationship breakdown with my long term boyfriend (cliche, I know), and I ended up leaving the exam before anyone else because I really couldn't take it anymore. Ended up with an ATAR of 84.59.

It's not all about 'one mistake and your dead' - on the contrary, make a few, learn from them, and don't freak out about them! There are plenty of people doing worse than you, you just have to stay focused.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
During his time as a student in the Ninja Academy, Lee proved to have no talent for ninjutsu and genjutsu. He was mocked by his peers because of this. Even his teachers labeled him as "just another failure", and later the "Dead-Last" of his graduating class. Lee persevered, focusing on taijutsu.

When Lee eventually graduated he was added to Team Guy. During the team's first meeting he vowed to become a splendid ninja that specialized in taijutsu. Neji Hyūga laughed at him, but their sensei, Might Guy, took a special interest in Lee. He encouraged Lee to keep at it and, in time, began teaching him powerful forms of taijutsu.

Lee's attempts to prove and better himself are recurring themes for his actions throughout the series. He is generally optimistic, and believes that, with hard work and passion, he can surpass a natural genius, but can be prone to depression when faced with setbacks. His drive to succeed was initially most evident with his rivalry with Neji, having learned from Guy that having a rival will provide incentive to succeed. Neji, a "genius" ninja, found Lee's efforts of bettering himself to be in vain, believing Lee would be stuck as a "failure" for the rest of his life.

As such, Lee resolved to prove Neji wrong, and confronted another "genius", Sasuke Uchiha, in an attempt to test his worth. While Lee maintained the desire to defeat Neji in a fight throughout the Chūnin Exam arc, after Neji's eventual defeat by Naruto Uzumaki, another so-called "failure", Lee became less interested in this goal. Neji's rejection of his previous belief in fate might also have contributed to this, as he now respects Lee, believing that he will surpass the gifted with enough work.

anulik

HSC
nice tread..very good idea actually..

my year 11 motivational story...
this was my first year ever in Australian school, with poor english obviously I was placed in 4th (bottom) Standard class..after 3 terms I improved so much that endied up coming first in Standard english (I am in top class now, sounds funny I know). My first Hsc assessment I got full mark and I was the only one..
+ I had to give a speech with my 'poor' english and I am vice captain now..
So the moral of the story is that everyone can do even impossible if u desparately want to!

Good luck guys :spin:

mioumiou

HSC
nice tread..very good idea actually..

my year 11 motivational story...
this was my first year ever in Australian school, with poor english obviously I was placed in 4th (bottom) Standard class..after 3 terms I improved so much that endied up coming first in Standard english (I am in top class now, sounds funny I know). My first Hsc assessment I got full mark and I was the only one..
+ I had to give a speech with my 'poor' english and I am vice captain now..
So the moral of the story is that everyone can do even impossible if u desparately want to!

Good luck guys :spin:
Thanks for sharing you're story, I was in the similar positions as you a few years ago, English wasn't my first language so I thought I might be disadvantaged and stuff. But after some of the hard work, I've get better result each time.

Congratulation for being the vice captain of you're school and good luck with you're studies for your HSC! :spin:

mioumiou

HSC
I was top for 5 of my subjects, out of 6 just after our half yearly HSC examinations. And then after our half yearlyz, in the holidays, me and my mum went overseas. I had like one month left for my trials yet I told my mum it's ok, I really wanna go and see my cousins (hadn't seen them for four years). So I took all my books and notes and everything.

But the very next day, I happened to be the victim of

an accident!

Like I went with my cousin on his motorbike just around the corner, but my dress got stuck on the bike's tyre and I didn't realise, and I really don't know how everything happened, but when I next opened my eyes I was in the hospital.

I fainted like 5 times within 6 hours, and I injured both my hands, my right eye, the part between my eye-brows, and the entire right side of my body.

Nevertheless, apart from all the physical pain, I was worrieed about the HSC. I was like how the hell am I gonna write in my HSC trials? Especially for my subjects, they were all humanities, so I used to write pages and pages and I loved it too ..

So anyway, the whole two weeks overseas, I didn't look back at my books because every time I intended to, I'd get a head ache and so my perception changed .. I was like, while the time I'm here, I'd rather just enjoy it.

And so I did.

Buttt

When we came back to Australia, I had only 5 days till my trials and I had fogotten like everything I knew ... And when I spoke to my friend .. she was like all prepared and everything and I was like alright bro, you're gonna take my place in everything .. but she kind of motivated me

So afterwards, at school, I did notify my teacher about my injuries and I gave them the doctor certificate and stuff, and on the certificate it was clearly stated that I be given additional time to study for my exams so I could heal and stuff..

But I told my teachers that it doesn't matter, I'm gonna sit for the exams the same day everyone else is because then people might start thinking that it's not fair and stuff.

So those five days of my life were spent completely devoted to my textbooks, I hardly slept or ate ...

And then it was time for my trials, and yeah after we got our results I was still first but only in 4 subjects out of 6.

My friend beat me in Business studies... and she took my spot for Legal studies.

Nevertheless, I still aced the rest of my cohort (I wont call myself smart, I'll just call my cohort dumb=])

I was perfectly fine after that and I had a lot of time to study for the actual HSC .. and I achieved my desired mark :D

That's all =)
That inspires me a lot, and I'm sure most of the people who read this will feel the same way too. After reading all of these stories, it motivates me even more. So thanks to everyone who share their experience with us. :angel:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
First physics exam ever in year 11 I got 36%,was recomended to drop, I was under a lot of pressure considering my chem teacher was the science co-ordinator and my physics teacher was the subject co-ordinator.

Worked hard on physics and in my HSC year, I got the following marks for physics.

Task1- 100%
2- 76%
3- 90 %
4- 86%

HSC mark, 94

Sadiah

HSC
First physics exam ever in year 11 I got 36%,was recomended to drop, I was under a lot of pressure considering my chem teacher was the science co-ordinator and my physics teacher was the subject co-ordinator.

Worked hard on physics and in my HSC year, I got the following marks for physics.

Task1- 100%
2- 76%
3- 90 %
4- 86%

HSC mark, 94
Nice improvement. Your Ultimate outcome is motivational ;)

anulik

HSC
Thanks for sharing you're story, I was in the similar positions as you a few years ago, English wasn't my first language so I thought I might be disadvantaged and stuff. But after some of the hard work, I've get better result each time.

Congratulation for being the vice captain of you're school and good luck with you're studies for your HSC! :spin:
thanks, u too well done, and good luck for HSC!!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
During his time as a student in the Ninja Academy, Lee proved to have no talent for ninjutsu and genjutsu. He was mocked by his peers because of this. Even his teachers labeled him as "just another failure", and later the "Dead-Last" of his graduating class. Lee persevered, focusing on taijutsu.

When Lee eventually graduated he was added to Team Guy. During the team's first meeting he vowed to become a splendid ninja that specialized in taijutsu. Neji Hyūga laughed at him, but their sensei, Might Guy, took a special interest in Lee. He encouraged Lee to keep at it and, in time, began teaching him powerful forms of taijutsu.

Lee's attempts to prove and better himself are recurring themes for his actions throughout the series. He is generally optimistic, and believes that, with hard work and passion, he can surpass a natural genius, but can be prone to depression when faced with setbacks. His drive to succeed was initially most evident with his rivalry with Neji, having learned from Guy that having a rival will provide incentive to succeed. Neji, a "genius" ninja, found Lee's efforts of bettering himself to be in vain, believing Lee would be stuck as a "failure" for the rest of his life.

As such, Lee resolved to prove Neji wrong, and confronted another "genius", Sasuke Uchiha, in an attempt to test his worth. While Lee maintained the desire to defeat Neji in a fight throughout the Chūnin Exam arc, after Neji's eventual defeat by Naruto Uzumaki, another so-called "failure", Lee became less interested in this goal. Neji's rejection of his previous belief in fate might also have contributed to this, as he now respects Lee, believing that he will surpass the gifted with enough work.
LOL. Narutard :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)