Motivational stories for HSC 2010 (2 Viewers)

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
If anyone here who has already completed their HSC has some nice stories about getting a high UAI/ATAR that could keep us motivated, please share.

For example, my brother was told by his teachers he would never get over 90 UAI because he went to a disadvantaged school, but he ended up on the All-round achievers list and getting 98.55 and becoming dux of his grade. You could say his motivation throughout his HSC year was proving his teachers wrong =P

Mcmc

HSC
Ah, I got 19% in my first 2u math test and I got an ATAR of 96 :eek:

Kamal15

HSC
If anyone here who has already completed their HSC has some nice stories about getting a high UAI/ATAR that could keep us motivated, please share.

For example, my brother was told by his teachers he would never get over 90 UAI because he went to a disadvantaged school, but he ended up on the All-round achievers list and getting 98.55 and becoming dux of his grade. You could say his motivation throughout his HSC year was proving his teachers wrong =P
wow that is an awesome story...

But why does a motivational story have to be about proving teachers wrong.
For eg. in my HSC English I was 3rd at the end of yr 11. In the first HSC yr 12 assesment I stuffed up bad (I was under some health and anxiety issues at that stage), and I dropped back to about 80. From there I worked very hard for the half yearlies and attained 100% and moved back to 8th, and in the trials back to 4th. So that is quite good.... lol

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad

For eg. in my HSC English I was 3rd at the end of yr 11. In the first HSC yr 12 assesment I stuffed up bad (I was under some health and anxiety issues at that stage), and I dropped back to about 80. From there I worked very hard for the half yearlies and attained 100% and moved back to 8th, and in the trials back to 4th. So that is quite good.... lol
Doesn't have to be about proving teachers wrong.. just something to keep us 10'ers motivated and confident

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Once came 70th/100 kids in a Physics prac during the HSC. Eventually got 99.85 ATAR.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I completely froze in my 1st HSC exam (accelerated 2U maths). Ending up getting a high band 6.

I was 40 somethingth in prelims for adv english (really hated Othello so i slept during the movie the exam was on) but then moved up to 5th in the grade. Lo behold i somehow managed to get a band 6 for adv english in the HSC XD

I was about to die when i got 3 teacher swaps for Physics during the HSC with the last one being a teacher from Melbourne who didn't know how to use the syllabus (took him a month) and did nothing other than read from the text book. Also unfairly marked our trials so that all mark were at least 20 marks below what we should have gotten. My class ended up being the best performing physics class in the history of the school :)

mioumiou

HSC

Both stories are great! that motivates me a lot! :cry:

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
Once came 70th/100 kids in a Physics prac during the HSC. Eventually got 99.85 ATAR.
kinda in the same boat for math :(

i know i'm improving though; inspirational stuff Aerath!

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
This thread is absolute gold

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Some good stories so far. Good to know I can look back on these stories whenever I feel like crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)